• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Positivity23

Positivity23
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

I was able to conceive my son at Repromed a few years ago and we are trying now for a sibling via FET.  I have to say, I don't know what it is, but Repromed has changed drastically for the worse since my first time around.  Maybe it's the provincial funding, I'm not sure. 

The wait times are horrendous, like really bad.  My last FET was delayed almost 2 hours as I sat there uncomfortable with a full bladder.  They scheduled so many FETs and retrievals that day that they did not even have a chair for me after my FET so that I could relax and have my 20 minute acupuncture session.  I had to get dressed immediately and walk to another room down the hall.  I was not happy about this since you're supposed to just sit and relax after the FET at least for 30 minutes. Dr. Del Valle, the nurses, ultrasound technicians and embryologist are clearly overwhelmed and confused.  They didn't even know how many embryos I wanted to transfer and asked me several times before the actual transfer which was very concerning to me (embryos need to be thawed right)?  The nurses and Dr. didn't even know I was on a blood thinning injection (that they prescribed)!

You feel like a number and they just want you in and out.  This is so unfortunate because I absolutely loved my first experience a few years ago (pre provincial funding).  Not just because I had success but everyone was so caring and concerned. They were really on top of things.  I never ever felt rushed.  Things have changed for sure. 

Me: 32, DH: 34