109 replies to this topic

#76 CMRivf

CMRivf
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

Hello ladies, I just wanted to jump over on this board and ask what prenatal vitamin you all are taking? I just got my second beta result and was given a tentative due date of November 24(there isn't a November Due Date board yet)..up till now I have just been taking a folic acid but thought I had better change that over to a prenatal. Any recommendations would be welcome biggrin.png

• writegal416 likes this

IVF #1:

November 2017 - 23 Follicles, 18 Fertilized, 3 made it to Day 5, FREEZE ALL due to OHSS

FET #1:

January 31, 2018 - Begin Suprefact Nasal Spray(5x/day), baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 2, 2018 - Lining Check -> 8.6mm, transfer scheduled for March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018 - Transferred 1 embryo. Continue Prometrium, Estrace, baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 16-19, 2018 - HPTs th_abfp.gif 

March 20, 2018 - Beta Test - 115 (according to nurse, they like to see 250-500) Continue with Prometrium, Estrace & Folic Acid. Stop baby Aspirin.

​March 22, 2018 - Beta Test #2 - 332 th_abfp.gif Tentative due date of November 24, 2018. 7 week U/S booked for April 9. Continue Prometrium & Estrace until April 28.

November 27, 2018 - Healthy baby girl born at 10:32am, weighing in at 8lbs 4oz and 22.5" tall.

FET #2:

March 17, 2020 - Canceled due to Covid.

FET #3:

June 15, 2020 - Canceled due to unknown bleeding/cramping at cervix.

FET #4:

PROTOCOL CHANGES: Will switch to estrogen patches as well as vaginal estrogen. During lining check will test progesterone to make sure I haven't ovulated. Requested a ultrasound the morning of the transfer to make sure everything looks okay.

Sept. 12, 2020 - Begin Suprefact injections, baby aspirin and prenatal/DHA.

#77 Redkatierose

Redkatierose
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Southern California Reproductive Center

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

CMRivf I take rainbow light prenatal one vitamins, they have folic acid, I also take 1000mg fish oil daily, it helps with brain development. Hope this helps

#78 CMRivf

CMRivf
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

Redkatierose - Where do you get them from?? I was actually looking into them but couldnt find a Canadian site and the US ones wouldnt ship up here 🤔

IVF #1:

November 2017 - 23 Follicles, 18 Fertilized, 3 made it to Day 5, FREEZE ALL due to OHSS

FET #1:

January 31, 2018 - Begin Suprefact Nasal Spray(5x/day), baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 2, 2018 - Lining Check -> 8.6mm, transfer scheduled for March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018 - Transferred 1 embryo. Continue Prometrium, Estrace, baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 16-19, 2018 - HPTs th_abfp.gif 

March 20, 2018 - Beta Test - 115 (according to nurse, they like to see 250-500) Continue with Prometrium, Estrace & Folic Acid. Stop baby Aspirin.

​March 22, 2018 - Beta Test #2 - 332 th_abfp.gif Tentative due date of November 24, 2018. 7 week U/S booked for April 9. Continue Prometrium & Estrace until April 28.

November 27, 2018 - Healthy baby girl born at 10:32am, weighing in at 8lbs 4oz and 22.5" tall.

FET #2:

March 17, 2020 - Canceled due to Covid.

FET #3:

June 15, 2020 - Canceled due to unknown bleeding/cramping at cervix.

FET #4:

PROTOCOL CHANGES: Will switch to estrogen patches as well as vaginal estrogen. During lining check will test progesterone to make sure I haven't ovulated. Requested a ultrasound the morning of the transfer to make sure everything looks okay.

Sept. 12, 2020 - Begin Suprefact injections, baby aspirin and prenatal/DHA.

#79 Redkatierose

Redkatierose
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:53 AM

Im in the US and I get them at either my local vitamin shoppe or Whole Foods. I would check out your local health food store or if you have anything like a GNC?

#80 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

CMRivf: I use the MegaFoods Baby and Me as it one of the only ones that doesn't make me nauseated. It has been a struggle with the morning sickness to take anything at this point. Hopefully the baby is busy stripping my body of nutrients for the time being.

We had our second ultrasound yesterday at 8 weeks 5 days. Baby is still growing really well and heartbeat was at 182. The SCH is still present but looks slightly smaller. Dr said I will likely have another bleed when baby gets big enough to put pressure on the area but it should heal eventually. We go back April 13 for last intralipids and NT ultrasound. Then we will officially be discharged from the clinic. We are going to do NIPT at 10 weeks. I am excited to find out the gender so early. Morning sickness is still horrible all day. I am taking 6 Diclectin and 2-3 gravol a day. Some days are manageable and others nothing stops the vomiting. I am counting the days till the first trimester is over and hopefully the end of severe nausea.

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

#81 Vennela

Vennela
  • 23 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Dr.Behera

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:31 AM

Hi, all

I got 1 embryo transfer on Feb 26th 2018

My first beta hcg.. 384

2nd beta hcg.. 2200

3rd beta hcg.. 13844

This is my 2nd ivf cycle.. on 1st ivf cycle i got miscarried at 7th week.. so, little worried about this one.. as per this website my due z October to November. And my 1st ultrasound is on Mar 27th 2018.. worried about how it goes.. does anyone have similar experience.. 

#82 Redkatierose

Redkatierose
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:51 PM

I graduated from my clinic two weeks ago, the same time they gave me instructions to taper off meds. As of yesterday Im fully off. My OB wont see me for two more weeks and doesnt seem to want to do any monitoring or bloods to make sure Im ok off the meds. This anxiety is killing me! I hate that w go from visits once a week to once a months!

#83 Vennela

Vennela
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

I graduated from my clinic two weeks ago, the same time they gave me instructions to taper off meds. As of yesterday Im fully off. My OB wont see me for two more weeks and doesnt seem to want to do any monitoring or bloods to make sure Im ok off the meds. This anxiety is killing me! I hate that w go from visits once a week to once a months!

Hi, 

RedKatierose: I can understand ur anxiety.. even its very hard to wait for 1 week.. waiting to visit once a month, is more hard.. there z saying.. "Good things come to those who wait".. when ever u feel anxiety or stress.. if u like coloring.. do coloring.. its helps to interact with da baby.. I do that when ever I feel anxiety or stressed..

#84 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Reading, learning to Knit, riding horses, barrel racing, camping, being outdoors!
  • My Clinic:vfc

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:33 PM

It's hard when you get weened off from the clinic and your meds. Always something to worry about. Just try to look forward to the next milestone!

How's everyone feeling? Still lots of sickness or is that tapering off?
Me -27. DH-32
Me- PCOS- diagnosed when 14ishDH- 100% normal
Married 2009
Took a year "off" before TTC - ha ha hind sight is a wonderful thing!
Talked to the doctor about PCOS( as he was not the one who diagnosed me with it originally)-- wanted us to ttc naturally for a year before fertility treatments.

2011- 2012- sent to RFP for a consult. Suggested to go on clomid, went on clomid for numerous cycles. Nothing was happening, phoned to get on IVF waiting list, doc told me to stay on clomid because it was working for me, just might take a little more time. (He said this without ever monitoring me). Went back to family doctor and he suggested

VFC2013-- phone consult with VFC, decided to do IVF

August 2013- Severe OHSS, all embryos frozen- 10 in total
November- 2013- set to do first FET, estrace didn't make lining thick enough and also breast lump was found (benign, but still monitoring) so cycle was cancelled.

February 2014- FET #1- BFN
April 2014- FET #2- BFN
July 2014- FET#3- BFN.......

Mock cycle to do an ERA test and do another FET if ERA comes back good.
ERA test done on Nov. 13th- results came back Receptive- thats good news i guess.... still no answers as why the previous 3 FETS didnt work

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN
Wtf appointment- doctor thinks DH and I are too genetically similar and therefore my body rejects the embryo and the NK cells take over.

January 2015- immune testing- dh and I are a partial match meaning 1 out of 4 embryo will not implant and I have high NK cells. Trying another transfer. Gluten free 12 weeks, intralipids 10 days prior to ET, and also day of ET. Prednisone and estrace.
March 19- intralipid treatment
March 29- transferred 1 grade 17 embryo using assisted hatching and more intralipids

April 10th - BETA - BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In total shock!
Beta#1- 335
Beta# 2- April 13- 1250 We are officially pregnant :) Now to wait for our 7 week ultrasound! 7 week ultrasound went great- Baby was measuring 6w6d and a heartbeat of 140!!!! so cool to watch the little heartbeat!! EDD December 16th Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#85 Dee1985

Dee1985
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Knitting, Sewing, Crafts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:OVO Clinic

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

Hi everyone! Been gone for a while. Tried keeping up with everyone's journeys via email notifications. Felt too sick to check in. My nausea is finally tapering off. Some days are better than others. I've been fighting a cold for almost a month now. I'm so tired. But I feel better than two months ago. I even sewed a couple new outfits for my daughter. Starting to think of sewing for baby. Getting less depressed too. At least, the injections are over. I stopped them 6 days early. I was done! Stopped taking folic acid too. Just taking my Synthroid and Asaphen.
How is everyone doing?

Jan. 2014 - 3-day embryo transfer (frozen egg & fresh sperm): BFN

Mar. 2014 - FET (same cycle): BFN

Nov. 2014 - 5-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, frozen egg & fresh sperm): BFP

July 2015 - Baby girl is born!

Sep. 2016 - FET (same cycle): BFN 

Jan. 2018 - 3-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, fresh egg & fresh sperm): BFP

#86 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

Dee1985: Glad to hear u are feeling better it gives me hope! I am just getting over a horrible cold as well. Definitely the last thing we need with all the nausea/fatigue.

I have been pretty absent as well. I have been so sick daily survival has been a struggle. I was hoping as I got closer to the second trimester the nausea/vomiting would start to improve but it has only continued to escalate. I always feel like throwing up but I manage to cognitively suppress it until I become fatigued in the afternoons and then I am screwed. 4-8 hr vomiting episodes have become my norm. We had last intralipids and 12 week NT scan on Friday. Everything looks great and SCH has healed. It took tonnes of position changes to get the little monster to cooperate for the measurements. I have a feeling the anatomy scan is going to be a nightmare. Hopefully this week will go better with Zofran added on. I am already so tired with the Diclectin/Gravol that I have no idea how I am going to manage with another med. Next step will be to further reduce my work schedule as I am out of med options. Depression has definitely been an issue for me as well. I still love the baby but absolutely hate pregnancy. A family member tried to tell me I was "glowing" after an 8 hr vomiting episode. It took everything in me not to scream at them. Really hoping that the second trimester brings happier days.

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

#87 Dee1985

Dee1985
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:21 PM

Abrianna, wow! That's insane. You should be off work completely. What do you do for a living? Hope hubby is taking good care of you too. Some pregnancies are so hard and it's difficult to explain to people. A friend of mine was telling me that pregnancy is still beautiful, no matter how sick I am. She made me so upset! I confessed to her how hard this pregnancy has been and how depressed I've been feeling and she went complete 360 and started talking about whether or not I should bring this child into the world. Whoa! There's an in between and we're allowed to feel how feel. Doesn't mean we won't love the baby when he/she is born. Pregnancy is not beautiful for everyone. Your child will certainly be! ♡ Hope you do start to feel better soon.

Nov. 2014 - 5-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, frozen egg & fresh sperm): BFP

Jan. 2018 - 3-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, fresh egg & fresh sperm): BFP

#88 Vennela

Vennela
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

Hi all,

I now 10weeks pregnant.. after 8weeks of pregnancy completion.. I was hospitalized for 3days becoz of my hemoglobin levels drop & black-stools.. they did blood transfusions, endoscopy, MRI Scan after approval of my fertility doctor only.. but they didn't find anything unusual & they also dont know da exact reason of dropping hemoglobin levels.. now I am recovering slowly.. but having nausea all evening.. dont know wat to do..

The good news.. baby z healthy and growing well.. baby's heartbeat z 178..

#89 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:51 AM

Vennela: I am glad you and the baby are doing ok. My mom has had similar issues with dropping hemoglobin and iron combined with intermittent black stools for the last 5 years. She has had every test possible and they still can't figure out the source of the blood loss. Are you on any meds for nausea? Evenings are the worst for me as well.

Dee1985: That is absolutely horrible what your friend said to you. You are absolutely right. Your pregnancy feelings/experience in no way reflect on your feelings about the baby. This thought process needs to change. I work with so many Moms that feel depressed and alone because they are having a difficult pregnancy and no one supports their feelings. I work as a specialized women's health, pelvic floor and pediatric physiotherapist. If I take time off there is no one to cover my patients so it is hard for me to walk away to take sick leave. Taking mat leave is going to difficult enough. Thankfully my husband is amazing and my patients are all very understanding if I have to make a last minute change in my schedule.

AFM: I had my second midwife appointment on Friday. Paromara test came back all very low risk which is great news. We officially found out we are having a girl!!! We both were hoping for a girl so this has definitely helped after having such a hard pregnancy. I haven't thrown up since being on the Zofran but come close on a daily basis. I still feel nauseated all waking hours but atleast I am managing a bit better. I am just taking it one week at a time and trying not to get to depressed.
  • returnable likes this

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:

#90 Vennela

Vennela
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

Abrianna: congrats for having girl.. Iam so happy for u.
Dee1985: no matter how much we suffer.. Being pregnant z unexplained feeling.. Whatever we suffer in da 40weeks.. Once we take our baby in hands.. We will forget everything..
About me: last Saturday (April 21st) afternun.. I had gush of blood seeping out of my vagina.. But at that time, I don't know what made me think think like that.. I still had a feeling that baby z fine.. In 5mins bathroom tub is full of blood.. After seeing blood in bathroom my hubby cried that we lost da baby.. We immediately called 911.. They came & check my vitals & they put IV & took me to emergency.. They checked my blood levels & all other blood tests.. All da time my hubby z motivating me, we lost da baby.. But my gut intuition z saying baby was ok.. They also did ultrasound.. Suprisingly Baby z shaking hands & legs& baby z measuring 10w3days.. I'm so happy we didn't lost da baby.
Abrianna: reply to ur questions: I'm not using any medication. For nausea.. For nausea my doctor suggest me whenever u feel nausea eat like rice, banana, curd.,etc & drink like buttermilk, coconut water.. After using iron supplements my stools r normal yellow.. My hemoglobin levels are also going up..
Everyone take care of ur health.. My due date z Nov 14th 2018.. so I'm moving to November Due Date Buddies..

#91 Dee1985

Dee1985
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

Vennela, how scary! Glad the baby is OK. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful.

Abrianna, congrats on having a girl! Hope the nausea tapers off. Glad it's a bit better. What a rough start. Got a feeling your baby girl is gonna be an easy kid to make up for this difficult pregnancy!

#92 Firsttimemom

Firsttimemom
  • 14 posts
  • My Clinic:Solo clinic

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:32 AM

Hello ladies.. i am pregnant with twins and currently 14+2wks. Normal nt and triple markers. Babies doing very well. No more nausea or vomiting for me too... instead seem to have a voracious appetite. As such due on 11 nov... but due to twin gestation, my ob plans to deliver me by 15 oct. Hence in this group. Safe and healthy pregnancies to all mums here.

#93 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

Welcome firsttimemom. Congrats on the twins.

How is everyone else doing?

16+3wks and no signs of improvement in the nausea for me. Still living on Zofran/Diclectin and trying to force fluids and water down. I am guessing it is going to continue for the whole pregnancy at this point. Looking forward to our midwife appointment Fri and anatomy scan a few weeks later. I can't wait to see her again.

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:

#94 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Reading, learning to Knit, riding horses, barrel racing, camping, being outdoors!

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:44 PM

Hey! I'm 20w1d. Had our anatomy scan and all seemed well. Had my regular check up today and my bp is a bit high but he thinks that is because of a uti. My only issue is heartburn! He is putting me on meds foe it because the tums isn't cutting it anymore!
Hope everyone else is doing well
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009
Talked to the doctor about PCOS( as he was not the one who diagnosed me with it originally)-- wanted us to ttc naturally for a year before fertility treatments.

2011- 2012- sent to RFP for a consult. Suggested to go on clomid, went on clomid for numerous cycles. Nothing was happening, phoned to get on IVF waiting list, doc told me to stay on clomid because it was working for me, just might take a little more time. (He said this without ever monitoring me). Went back to family doctor and he suggested

November- 2013- set to do first FET, estrace didn't make lining thick enough and also breast lump was found (benign, but still monitoring) so cycle was cancelled.

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

ERA test done on Nov. 13th- results came back Receptive- thats good news i guess.... still no answers as why the previous 3 FETS didnt work

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN
Wtf appointment- doctor thinks DH and I are too genetically similar and therefore my body rejects the embryo and the NK cells take over.

January 2015- immune testing- dh and I are a partial match meaning 1 out of 4 embryo will not implant and I have high NK cells. Trying another transfer. Gluten free 12 weeks, intralipids 10 days prior to ET, and also day of ET. Prednisone and estrace.
March 29- transferred 1 grade 17 embryo using assisted hatching and more intralipids

Beta#1- 335
Beta# 2- April 13- 1250 We are officially pregnant :) Now to wait for our 7 week ultrasound! 7 week ultrasound went great- Baby was measuring 6w6d and a heartbeat of 140!!!! so cool to watch the little heartbeat!! EDD December 16th Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#95 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well. Im currently 19 weeks 1 day and had my 20 week ultrasound. Baby is measuring at 19 weeks and 6 days and SHE is a busy baby who never stopped moving during the entire 40 min ultrasound and had a 173 hb (yep, its a girl!) My nausea has been gone since about 15 weeks or so but it still pops up once in awhile, usually when Im very hungry. Ive put on about 15 lbs and I think eating before I get too hungry helps a lot. Baby girl is not kicking yet but I have an anterior placenta so they say it could take longer to feel the kicks. So far I THINK Im feeling signs of quickening, but I was going to ask to the rest of you, if you are starting to feel baby move, what does it feel like for you?? Im so anxious to be able to count all her kicks. Baby due date is now 10/4/18. So excited to finally start setting the nursery up!

:) hows everyone else doing???

#96 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

I had an anterior placenta with my first son and again with baby 2. My first I felt around 19-20 weeks and hubby felt him around 24 weeks. This one I felt at about 17 weeks and my husband first felt him last night and I was 20w5d.
The first movements to me felt like little bubble pops kind of like gas bubbles.
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN

Beta#1- 335

#97 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

Farmgirl19, awkward question, was the bubbly feeling really really low, like almost in the vaginal area??

#98 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

Yep to start with they were fairly low then moved upwards
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN

Beta#1- 335

#99 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

Yep Im definitely feeling those, but not all the time. Seems like I can feel them all day one day and none the next day. I feel them the most when I first wake up

#100 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

I'm was the same. Even now I don't feel baby much during the Day if I'm busy and on the go lots. But in the morning and night I feel lots of movement
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN

Beta#1- 335