109 replies to this topic

#51 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

BMAC82: Sounds like we have very similar bHCG numbers and I am having alot of early symptoms as well. Hopefully it is a good sign for both of us that something is happily growing!

Kke1988: Congrats on a healthy baby! Sorry to hear about the twin but I am glad you know that the other one won't be impacted by the potential miscarriage.

Dee1985: It is great to be due date buddies with another donor buddy. I think it's amazing that you are thinking of donating your other embryo to your friend. I am so thankful everyday that our donors made the choice to give there embryos a chance to become a life.

Momsomeday: I am so sorry about your ultrasound results. That is my biggest fear for the next few weeks. Are they repeating your ultrasound again? Sending lots of virtual hugs your way.

JDA32: Any news? Praying for you.

My beta results are in 1148 @ 12dp5dt, 3075 @ 14dp5dt. I am repeating again Monday or Tuesday and ultrasound is booked for March 9 when I am at the clinic for intralipids. I am trying to stay focused on being positive and not stressing out about all the things that could still go wrong. Hopefully we will get a good heartbeat on the 9th and I can calm down a bit.

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

#52 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 143 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive fertility

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

Beta dropped down to 89 in the last 4 days. So I have definitely lost this pregnancy. I wish you all the absolute best of luck and safe, normal pregnancies with healthy babies at the end 💛

#53 JDA32

JDA32
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:16 PM

Momsomeday: I'm so sorry, that's terrible news. My thoughts are with you. We go through so much just to get to this point, I wish we could all get cut some slack and be able to have healthy, uneventful pregnancies :(

AFM, thanks everyone for your thoughts, stayed away for a few days until I had some kind of news. So my IVF doctor had me go in for a repeat blood test on Wednesday, it came back at 14300 which they were happy with, but since the doctor doesn't like to do OB care, they recommended that I contact the OB clinic and let them know about the bleeding. So I did that, the OB had me go for another blood test today to make sure the levels were still rising, and it came back at 21000. So as of now looks like I'm in the clear. Still having the brown spotting, but nothing substantial like I was having on Tuesday. It's going to feel like an eternity until my first ultrasound on the 19th.

#54 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

Momsomeday,
Im sorry to hear that :( I know its really hard and I had a similar situation with my ectopic last year. Sending lots of hugs your way and hoping for best of luck to you in the future ♥

#55 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Abrianna thank you so much 😊

#56 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Reading, learning to Knit, riding horses, barrel racing, camping, being outdoors!
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:vfc

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

Momsomeday- I'm so sorry to hear!

Jda32- great news for you. I agree after everything that everyone has gone through it would be nice to have an uneventful pregnancy for everyone.

How has everyone else been doing?

I was 9wks yesterday and have been feeling pretty goos. I have some nausea and throwing up and heartburn. Otherwise good. The nausea seems to come in waves. One week I'm horroble. The next I have nothing (which I don't like either because then I worry)

When is everyone sharing their news with family/friends?
Me -27. DH-32
Me- PCOS- diagnosed when 14ishDH- 100% normal
Married 2009
Took a year "off" before TTC - ha ha hind sight is a wonderful thing!
Talked to the doctor about PCOS( as he was not the one who diagnosed me with it originally)-- wanted us to ttc naturally for a year before fertility treatments.

2011- 2012- sent to RFP for a consult. Suggested to go on clomid, went on clomid for numerous cycles. Nothing was happening, phoned to get on IVF waiting list, doc told me to stay on clomid because it was working for me, just might take a little more time. (He said this without ever monitoring me). Went back to family doctor and he suggested

VFC2013-- phone consult with VFC, decided to do IVF

August 2013- Severe OHSS, all embryos frozen- 10 in total
November- 2013- set to do first FET, estrace didn't make lining thick enough and also breast lump was found (benign, but still monitoring) so cycle was cancelled.

February 2014- FET #1- BFN
April 2014- FET #2- BFN
July 2014- FET#3- BFN.......

Mock cycle to do an ERA test and do another FET if ERA comes back good.
ERA test done on Nov. 13th- results came back Receptive- thats good news i guess.... still no answers as why the previous 3 FETS didnt work

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN
Wtf appointment- doctor thinks DH and I are too genetically similar and therefore my body rejects the embryo and the NK cells take over.

January 2015- immune testing- dh and I are a partial match meaning 1 out of 4 embryo will not implant and I have high NK cells. Trying another transfer. Gluten free 12 weeks, intralipids 10 days prior to ET, and also day of ET. Prednisone and estrace.
March 19- intralipid treatment
March 29- transferred 1 grade 17 embryo using assisted hatching and more intralipids

April 10th - BETA - BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In total shock!
Beta#1- 335
Beta# 2- April 13- 1250 We are officially pregnant :) Now to wait for our 7 week ultrasound! 7 week ultrasound went great- Baby was measuring 6w6d and a heartbeat of 140!!!! so cool to watch the little heartbeat!! EDD December 16th Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#57 StephaniElise

StephaniElise
  • 13 posts
  • My Clinic:Primordia Ipanema

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:35 PM

Momsomeday: Im so sorry it didnt work out this time, but keep positive, things will happen for you!

Farmgirls19: Im 7 1/2 weeks today and feeling better from my nausea. I know what you mean about the ups and downs of not feeling great and throwing up. But when I feel good, I also get worried just like you lol
I told my close family members and two best friends only because its hard to hide it when your in treatment. Everyone constantly asking how things are going and so on... it is were a normal ou maybe I should say natural pregnancy, I would stay quiet until the three mark point!
I do feel pretty tired still, and sooooooo hungry my goodness its insane! I walked quite a lot today não and forth and up and downs stairs a lot too, so extra tired and even felt a bit of cramps... Im hoping everything is ok though!
Hows everyone doing?

Special note: not sure if anyone is in Rio de Janeiro... during my treatment I created 38 eggs, 25 being good usable ones! I immediately donated 10 eggs, and the other 15 I got fertilized. 12 were successful from that bath! I used two and they both stuck, meaning I have 10 good fertilized eggs that will be put up for donation aswell once my twins are born and healthy!
If anyone is in Brasil or plans to visit or do treatment here, (which I highly recommend... doctor is amazing and the care I have been given is outstanding) and of course if you want already fertilized eggs, they will become available!!!
Have a nice day or evening depending where you are in the world 🤗

#58 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

Hi everyone,

I am 8weeks 1day and like some of you said, the nausea has subsided this week, leading me to worry and wonder and wait anxiously (4 more days) til he next ultra sound. At this point my IVF doctor had handed us off and we are doing appointments with the obgyn. Kind of crazy because when we go through IVF it feels so secluded from what everyone else goes through. I keep having to remind myself that at this point in the pregnancy Im doing what everyone else would be doing and Im no longer doing extra and paying tons more money to have a baby. We are still waiting to confirm whether the second twin has a heartbeat on Monday but Im not getting my hopes up Too much. Also, does Anyone plan to do the gender blood test before the 18 week ultrasound?? Im dying to know and dont want to wait too long!!

Hows everyone else feeling?

#59 StephaniElise

StephaniElise
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

Kke1988: my nausea has also gotten tremendously better, although when I know I have lots to do during the day I take a nausea pill just to guarantee that I will be able to function accordingly lol
Luckily Im always starving so its a sign that they are still in me! Haha my next apt is March 13th and 9 weeks! My doctor actually said he wants to look after me until my three months mark (of course he charged me) and then I can go to a reg OB. I think I prefer it this way too! If he werent so expensive I would continue the entire pregnancy with him, but financially its not worth it as Im sure you know! With twins, the blood test will only be able to show the dez of one of the babies, so maybe not worth it if u have to pay for this test. After all, shortly after you will be able to discover the sex of them both! I hope your Monday ultrasound is good news, but I completely understand the not getting your hopes up part. I do the same to protect myself from falling to pieces later in the event of bad news. (I easily fall into depression over serious things gone bad) but Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for you and your babies!

#60 JDA32

JDA32
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:57 AM

Farmgirl- I just hit 7 weeks and just starting getting the oh so wonderful nausea. I haven't actually vomited yet (thankfully!), but it's starting to hit me. And definitely getting the heartburn too! Just went out last night to buy myself a thing of Tums to take to Italy next week!

I also told my family and close friends right away. They all knew I was going through IVF, and they supported me through my multiple negative cycles, so I definitely wanted to share that it finally worked. I also told my supervisors at work right away too, but that's because I'm in law enforcement and I wanted them to be aware of the fact that I was pregnant and there would be certain things I wouldn't be comfortable doing anymore. They've been extremely supportive (plus they knew me and my husband were doing IVF) and so happy for me, I got lots of cheering and some high-fives when I told all of them. And I figure, if by chance something bad happens, then they'd find out anyway cause I'd be needing to take some mental health days.

Kke-My IVF doc handed me off moment I got the positive pregnancy! He doesn't like to do any OB care, so the same day of second positive beta test I called the OB clinic to get myself into their system.

AFM: My OB clinic got me in for a viability ultrasound on Wednesday due to the bleeding I was having and the fact that I'm traveling abroad next week. And it was great news! Baby was measuring right on schedule with a heartbeat of 111 bpm. I might have thanked the ultrasound tech a few too many times for easing my worries! And the bloating!!! Oh my, is anyone else bloating like crazy by the time night rolls around? I'll wake up in the morning with my normal flat stomach, and by the time night rolls around I look like I'm midway through my 2nd trimester. It wouldn't be quite as annoying if I wasn't in law enforcement. I fully admit, while sitting at my desk tonight I definitely unbuckled my gun belt for a bit to give my stomach space to "grow"!

#61 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

Hey I just wanted to see if these are everyones correct due dates so we can keep track and change them if needed? :)

Farmgirl19 10/2
Dee 10/9
Kke 10/11
redKatierose 10/11
WanttobeASupermom 10/12
JDA 10/20
KKC 10/21
Abrianna 10/28

BMac?
Stephanielise?

#62 StephaniElise

StephaniElise
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

Hey kke1988, so my original due date was October 17th... however now that it is twins and no longer singular its jumped to the end of September
I guess I no longer should be part of this group in such case! But it was nice meeting you all and I wish you all the best during your pregnancies 🤗🙌🏼

#63 BMAC82

BMAC82
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:58 PM

Hi kkk1988,

My due date is October 24th. It still hasn't sunk in yet!

#64 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

I am happy to see I am not the only one struggling with morning sickness. Although I don't think I would wish this on my worst enemy. Mine started shortly after 4 week mark and has been escalating ever since. I had to stay home today as I was up vomiting all night and can only tolerate a diet of meal replacement drinks and popsicles. I started on Diclectin today and I am praying it takes effect quickly. I feel like I will end up hospitalized if something doesn't help soon. Only a few more days till ultrasound. Maybe seeing a real baby with a heartbeat will help me cope with the morning sickness.

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

#65 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Reading, learning to Knit, riding horses, barrel racing, camping, being outdoors!

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for making a list kke1988

How many of you are finding out babies gender?
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009
Talked to the doctor about PCOS( as he was not the one who diagnosed me with it originally)-- wanted us to ttc naturally for a year before fertility treatments.

2011- 2012- sent to RFP for a consult. Suggested to go on clomid, went on clomid for numerous cycles. Nothing was happening, phoned to get on IVF waiting list, doc told me to stay on clomid because it was working for me, just might take a little more time. (He said this without ever monitoring me). Went back to family doctor and he suggested

November- 2013- set to do first FET, estrace didn't make lining thick enough and also breast lump was found (benign, but still monitoring) so cycle was cancelled.

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

ERA test done on Nov. 13th- results came back Receptive- thats good news i guess.... still no answers as why the previous 3 FETS didnt work

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN
Wtf appointment- doctor thinks DH and I are too genetically similar and therefore my body rejects the embryo and the NK cells take over.

January 2015- immune testing- dh and I are a partial match meaning 1 out of 4 embryo will not implant and I have high NK cells. Trying another transfer. Gluten free 12 weeks, intralipids 10 days prior to ET, and also day of ET. Prednisone and estrace.
March 29- transferred 1 grade 17 embryo using assisted hatching and more intralipids

Beta#1- 335
Beta# 2- April 13- 1250 We are officially pregnant :) Now to wait for our 7 week ultrasound! 7 week ultrasound went great- Baby was measuring 6w6d and a heartbeat of 140!!!! so cool to watch the little heartbeat!! EDD December 16th Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#66 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

I am definitely finding out the gender! 🙋🏼‍♀ . Just went in for a follow up ultrasound yesterday. The drs still arent sure about the second baby. I was sent to radiology today. My feeling is that the second baby isnt growing because we could see our healthy baby and watched the hb and watched them measure and date it. We saw them measuring the other sac too but looked like just the yolk sac and no baby. We will get our results tomorrow. The healthy baby is beating at 171 bpm (is that too fast?!) and measuring one day behind at 8wk4days and we got to HEAR the heartbeat which was super cool! Baby is measuring at 2cm now :)

#67 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

Updated list (we can add everyones genders once we get them) :)

Farmgirl19 10/2
Dee 10/9
Kke 10/11
redKatierose 10/11
WanttobeASupermom 10/12
JDA 10/20
KKC 10/21
BMAC 10/24
Abrianna 10/28

#68 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

Kke1988 Thanks from the updated list! The heart rate sounds ok. Normal is 140-180 at 9 week mark so it sounds like you are right on track. Maybe a girl if the theories around gender and heart rate our accurate. I hope you get some answers with the second baby.

We are definitely planning to find out the gender. We are planning to do NIPT around 9-10 weeks and find out the gender as part of it.

We got to see our baby yesterday growing well with a heartbeat of 118 at 6 weeks and 2 days!!! I had a major bleed Monday night which resulted in an early ultrasound yesterday. One minute I was relaxing in the couch and the next blood was pooring out of me. We had almost 3 hrs of pad flooding bleeding before everything started to slow. 4 hours was the agreed upon cut of with my RE that I needed to go to the ER so I am very thankful that things slowed. The ultrasound shows I have a very small SCH with a clot on it which is the likely cause of the bleed. All the bloodthinners I was on is why it hemorrhaged so bad. I am off fragmin and asa for now and back next week to reassess unless I have another bleed.

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:

#69 Redkatierose

Redkatierose
  • 11 posts
  • My Clinic:Southern California Reproductive Center

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the due date list! Sorry Ive been absent for a bit, crazy busy right now. I still read everything when I can, just havent been able to respond much. I love keeping up on everyones progress. I finally saw my RE (beening only seeing the nurse and tech for a few weeks) last week. He is loving the progress, Im measuring exactly on schedule and FHR was 164. I see my clinic one more time on Friday, then Im released to my OB next Tuesday!
I already know the sex because we did PGS testing, its a girl.

#70 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

Congrats Abrianna! Bleeding is so scary and Im glad it turned out okay. I found out today that my clinic wont let me test the gender because of my age so I guess Im waiting til 19 weeks! Oh well! Keep us updated when you find out.

RedKatierose, glad everything is going well and congrats on a girl!!

Our other baby stopped growing at 6w3d so were officially having a singleton and monitoring to make sure other sac gets absorbed. I hope theres no risk to the healthy baby there. The doctor says there isnt but she still says its a high risk pregnancy because there are two which freaks me out. Next appointment is not til 4/4 so Ill be panicking until then lol

#71 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:06 AM

Abrianna bleeding is a scary thing. I'm glad you were able to get in for a scan right away and everything looked good.

Redkatierose congrats on the girl!

Hope time goes fast for you kke1988 amd your able to ease some.on the 4th! Always something to worry about. That's crazy they won't allow you to test earlier.

Afm- was quite sick again this weekend. But so far the week seems okay! I'm currently 11 weeks. Can't believe how quick it's going already! We are not finding out the gender.. we did with my son but I was adamant if we ever got pregnant again we wouldnt. Excited for the element of surprise. I have my next scan on the 22nd.. excit3d to see baby again

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN

Beta#1- 335

#72 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:54 PM

How's everyone doing?
We had our 12 wk scan today. Baby is good. Heartbeat of 167, measuring 1 day ahead.
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN

Beta#1- 335

#73 Redkatierose

Redkatierose
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Farmgirl19, great news at your scan!
I hope everyone is feeling good and things are progressing well. I graduated my clinic last week and am done with meds next week. Full time care in my OBs hands now. Next scan is at 14 weeks.
Is anyone announcing? Like a cute picture announcement or anything? I hope we can all share if we do!

#74 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

Redkatierose - such a great feeling to graduate from the clinic and drop the meds. One more step in the whole process!
We announced at 10.5 weeks.this is what we did 😀

Attached Files

Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN

Beta#1- 335

#75 Redkatierose

Redkatierose
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

Farmgirl19, that is so cute! Great idea!