• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#26 StephaniElise

StephaniElise
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Primordia Ipanema

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Hi everyone. I am from Canada and my husband is Brazilian. We have been trying (unofficially) for about 6 years without results. We came to Brazil to do the treatment here and to my surprise on the first try o got pregnant. According to the site dates, I am due October 16th this year. I transferred two 5 Day blastocysts. First beta was 7d after was 143... two days later was 444. My next test is tomorrow, so well see how that one sits

#27 StephaniElise

StephaniElise
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:05 PM

Hi everyone. I am from Canada and my husband is Brazilian. We have been trying (unofficially) for about 6 years without results. We came to Brazil to do the treatment here and to my surprise on the first try o got pregnant. According to the site dates, I am due October 16th this year. I transferred two 5 Day blastocysts. First beta was 7d after was 143... two days later was 444. My next test is tomorrow, so well see how that one sits.

#28 Dee1985

Dee1985
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Knitting, Sewing, Crafts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:OVO Clinic

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

Kke1988 - I have been feeling extremely nauseated for a week now. And tired. My nipples recently swelled and are very tender. I am bloated and sore and sick of the injections. I'm also quite depressed. I was able to convince my pharmacist to give me some Diclectin, but it's not working. With my daughter, I only started feeling nauseated around week 6 and didn't need any meds till week 7. And they worked like a charm. This time around, I may need to up my dose. I constantly feel sick and spend my days lying down and napping (when I can).

JDA - Congrats!!! That's amazing news!
As for the itching, I've heard that can happen. Mention this to your doctor, just in case.

Jan. 2014 - 3-day embryo transfer (frozen egg & fresh sperm): BFN

Mar. 2014 - FET (same cycle): BFN

Nov. 2014 - 5-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, frozen egg & fresh sperm): BFP

July 2015 - Baby girl is born!

Sep. 2016 - FET (same cycle): BFN 

Jan. 2018 - 3-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, fresh egg & fresh sperm): BFP

#29 Dee1985

Dee1985
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:09 PM

StephaniElise - Congratulations!!! And welcome! How fantastic!

Nov. 2014 - 5-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, frozen egg & fresh sperm): BFP

Jan. 2018 - 3-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, fresh egg & fresh sperm): BFP

#30 JDA32

JDA32
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Had my second beta test today, my numbers tripled to 1515. Very excited about that.

Dee-Yeah, you’re probably right about mentioning the itching to my doctor. I think my biggest thing I’ll have to get over with being pregnant is actually mentioning when something is bothering me. My whole life I’ve always been the type to just grin and bear it when I’m not feeling well and just wait for it to pass. I should probably quit doing that now though!

#31 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Reading, learning to Knit, riding horses, barrel racing, camping, being outdoors!
  • My Clinic:vfc

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hi ladies.. mind if I join? Just had my u/s today I'm 7w1d. My due date is October 2nd
Me -27. DH-32
Me- PCOS- diagnosed when 14ishDH- 100% normal
Married 2009
Took a year "off" before TTC - ha ha hind sight is a wonderful thing!
Talked to the doctor about PCOS( as he was not the one who diagnosed me with it originally)-- wanted us to ttc naturally for a year before fertility treatments.

2011- 2012- sent to RFP for a consult. Suggested to go on clomid, went on clomid for numerous cycles. Nothing was happening, phoned to get on IVF waiting list, doc told me to stay on clomid because it was working for me, just might take a little more time. (He said this without ever monitoring me). Went back to family doctor and he suggested

VFC2013-- phone consult with VFC, decided to do IVF

August 2013- Severe OHSS, all embryos frozen- 10 in total
November- 2013- set to do first FET, estrace didn't make lining thick enough and also breast lump was found (benign, but still monitoring) so cycle was cancelled.

February 2014- FET #1- BFN
April 2014- FET #2- BFN
July 2014- FET#3- BFN.......

Mock cycle to do an ERA test and do another FET if ERA comes back good.
ERA test done on Nov. 13th- results came back Receptive- thats good news i guess.... still no answers as why the previous 3 FETS didnt work

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN
Wtf appointment- doctor thinks DH and I are too genetically similar and therefore my body rejects the embryo and the NK cells take over.

January 2015- immune testing- dh and I are a partial match meaning 1 out of 4 embryo will not implant and I have high NK cells. Trying another transfer. Gluten free 12 weeks, intralipids 10 days prior to ET, and also day of ET. Prednisone and estrace.
March 19- intralipid treatment
March 29- transferred 1 grade 17 embryo using assisted hatching and more intralipids

April 10th - BETA - BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In total shock!
Beta#1- 335
Beta# 2- April 13- 1250 We are officially pregnant :) Now to wait for our 7 week ultrasound! 7 week ultrasound went great- Baby was measuring 6w6d and a heartbeat of 140!!!! so cool to watch the little heartbeat!! EDD December 16th Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#32 WantToBeSuperMom

WantToBeSuperMom
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:YOGA!!! Running, Reading, sleep (ha).
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:Midwest

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Due date Oct 12!!!! Trying not to be too excited since we had complications with the last one (everything turned out fine, but very scary all the same).

2003 - Natural Baby Boy

Spring 2016 - Failed 5 day Transfer

Summer 2016 - Successful 5 day transfer

Spring 2017 - IVF Baby Boy 

#33 StephaniElise

StephaniElise
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome love :)
Ladies I just got my results for 14dpt of two day 5 frozen blastocysts and Im super nervous. Although its two weeks post transfer, its considered 5 weeks pregnant already... my hcg level is sitting at 12310.9 😰 OMG! How many are in me?!?!?!

#34 StephaniElise

StephaniElise
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

@wanttobeasupermom everything will be fine! 🙌🏼 Embrace the moment and enjoy the process ❤️

#35 Dee1985

Dee1985
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

JDA32 - I'm just like you; I avoid seeing doctors too! Are you still itching a lot?

FarmGirl19 - Congratulations!!! How exciting! Your due date is my wedding anniversary. :)

WantToBeSuperMom - Congrats!! Hope all goes well this time around.

StephaniElise - Hahaha! Hopefully, just 2. ;) When is your first ultrasound? I also had very high HCG levels. 1200 week 4 and 3060 2 days later. We may both be carrying twins! Eep!!

AFM - I am feeling so sick. So different from when I was pregnant with Fiona. The nausea kicked in later then and Diclectin masked it completely. This time, Diclectin is not doing much. Waiting for a call back from the nurse to let me know that my new prescription is ready. I'm barely functional. My poor hubby has been doing everything around the house. And obviously, sex is off the table. 

How is everyone else doing?

#36 StephaniElise

StephaniElise
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

Hi ladies. So I been a bit nauseous but nothing over the top except for one time I couldnt hold it in. I had a bit of a scare with bleeding and very intense cramps for two days so I went to the hospital and got an ultrasound done (next Mondays scheduled ultrasound was too far away with how I was feeling) 🐣🐣 I have two babies being created inside me. 😲 Everything looks fine the OB told us, nothing to worry about. Lots of tears shed today lol
Were super excited... now reading up on pros and cons for twin strollers! 😐

Dee1985: You said you are from Quebec, is that right? Im actually from Toronto, I know our health care is allowing the first ivf transfer for free (Meds aside) did you go through this option?

#37 JDA32

JDA32
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

Dee-Glad to see I’m not the only one who avoids going to the doctor! Guess we will both have to get over for it for the time being, haha. Sorry to hear the nausea is hitting you so hard. Hopefully it gets better soon. In the meantime, have your hubby pamper you!

Stephani-Glad to hear the scare wound up turning into good news! Congrats on the twins! Very exciting news.

AFM, Itching is finally starting to subside. Only get hit with it bad a couple times a day instead of all the time, and it isn’t nearly as intense. That’s still about it for me though as far as symptoms go. My first ultrasound appointment isn’t until March 19 though, I’ll be 9 weeks by then. It’s so far away, not sure how I’m supposed to survive til then. But me and husband have had a trip planned to Italy for the past 6 months, so not much I can do about it. At least I got the ok from my doctor that the trip is ok to go on! I might be able to get a quick 7 week scan squeezed in at my RE’s office right before we go, so fingers crossed they can make some space for me!

#38 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive fertility

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

Hi everyone, im so excited to join this group!

I'm Due October 20th and today am officially 5 weeks pregnant.

This is the first time I have been pregnant so I am extremely anxious that it won't last. The progesterone suppositories aren't helping as I've had mild cramps on and off since starting them after egg retrieval.

My clinic seems happy with everything though so I'm trying to keep calm and not worry so much about every twinge.

First ultrasound in 12 days!

#39 KKC123

KKC123
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:33 AM

Hello Everyone! CONGRATS to all of you ladies!!
I just received a BFP 14dp5dt!! My HCG level was 752! My Due date is October 21st! I am soooo nervous...I've gotten pregnant via FET twice before (one with a singleton and the other with twins) unfortunately, I miscarried the same week I was supposed to hear my babies heartbeat... I'm still trying to stay super positive 😊... In this round I had my embryo tested for chromosomal abnormalities and I had several polyps removed...Im currently experiencing moderate cramping (I think that's because of the progesterone injections) and some smell irritations...

#40 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

Hi everyone,Congrats on the BFP!!!

This is my first time in 3 years of fertility treatment where I have gotten to the point of joining a due date group!! I had one chemical pregnancy from the only embryo that we transferred during our IVF cycles so definitely still feeling anxious. I was shocked to get my BFP from this donor embryo FET at 5dp5dt and the lines are now darker then control so we should be heading for a good beta next Wednesday. My due date is Oct 28.

I have had nausea for the last few days if I don't eat every few hours,intermittent uterine cramps or pulling sensation, increased body temp, and always thirsty. The main issue I am having is sleep as I have developed insomnia the last few days. Thank goodness for the long weekend!!

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

#41 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Reading, learning to Knit, riding horses, barrel racing, camping, being outdoors!

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

Congrats to everyone! 

My symptoms kind of come and go. Nausea if I eat too much or if I don't eat frequently enough, lots of bathroom trips, some sore boobs but not much. And heartburn!
Where is everyone from? is this everyone's first or do you have others? 

Excited to share in this journey with everyone!
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009
Talked to the doctor about PCOS( as he was not the one who diagnosed me with it originally)-- wanted us to ttc naturally for a year before fertility treatments.

2011- 2012- sent to RFP for a consult. Suggested to go on clomid, went on clomid for numerous cycles. Nothing was happening, phoned to get on IVF waiting list, doc told me to stay on clomid because it was working for me, just might take a little more time. (He said this without ever monitoring me). Went back to family doctor and he suggested

November- 2013- set to do first FET, estrace didn't make lining thick enough and also breast lump was found (benign, but still monitoring) so cycle was cancelled.

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

ERA test done on Nov. 13th- results came back Receptive- thats good news i guess.... still no answers as why the previous 3 FETS didnt work

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN
Wtf appointment- doctor thinks DH and I are too genetically similar and therefore my body rejects the embryo and the NK cells take over.

January 2015- immune testing- dh and I are a partial match meaning 1 out of 4 embryo will not implant and I have high NK cells. Trying another transfer. Gluten free 12 weeks, intralipids 10 days prior to ET, and also day of ET. Prednisone and estrace.
March 29- transferred 1 grade 17 embryo using assisted hatching and more intralipids

Beta#1- 335
Beta# 2- April 13- 1250 We are officially pregnant :) Now to wait for our 7 week ultrasound! 7 week ultrasound went great- Baby was measuring 6w6d and a heartbeat of 140!!!! so cool to watch the little heartbeat!! EDD December 16th Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#42 JDA32

JDA32
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Welcome to all the newcomers! Excited to see this group grow, lots of October babies in the future!

Has anyone else had any brownish discharge? I just started getting some this morning. I read it can happen, but when it actually happens to you it is very nerve wrecking. Can't help but think something is going wrong. Going to call the clinic tomorrow to see what they think, but until then I get to stress about it :(

#43 Redkatierose

Redkatierose
  • 11 posts
  • My Clinic:Southern California Reproductive Center

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

JDA32- I feel ya! Ive have light pink/brownish discharge, did a scan with my doc last week and saw a strong heartbeat. They said bleeding happens all the time and that there are so many little sensitive capillaries that its really easy to have a little bleeding. As long as its not dark
red and no clots there isnt much to worry about. I hope this is a bit reassuring good luck with your doctor tomorrow.

#44 BMAC82

BMAC82
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

Hi Everyone - a big congratulations to everyone on their BFP's!

This is literally my first post on any forum - ever. I have read and re-read so many things over the past many years of ttc but haven't been compelled to post anything until now.

Both myself and my partner are 35 with unexplained infertility. We have had 4 failed IUI and 2 failed FET previously.

To be honest, i couldn't believe that there was a second line on the HPT! We decided to test at 10dp5dt because I had some minor spotting and I worried it was my dreaded period.

I got my BFP with bloodwork on Sunday 13dp5dt. My hCG was at 1087. I had my 2nd Beta test this morning and am anxiously awaiting the results now. 

I can't believe how symptomatic i already feel. I am super thirsty (is this a thing?!?!), tired and i am having really, really vivid dreams. They started about a week ago. Its like a movie playing out each night!

Can't wait to take this journey with you all!

___

update:

2nd Beta - 3625

whoa - things are getting real!

• TravisHarps likes this

#45 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

JDA32- I'm also having brownish discharge! I had some light pink the day before my positive beta which scared the cramp out of me (and my poor husband). Since then I've had brownish to pinkish discharge off and on. Yesterday I had a bit more than usual and it was more rust colored then brown. Scared me so much, I called the clinic freaking out and they did a repeat beta. Numbers are rising well so they aren't too concerned but my ultrasound on friday will tell all i guess. At this point my spotting continues off and on but no cramping or anything so I'm trying not to worry but my anxiety is at about 300%.

Are you on progesterone suppositories? That's what I'm blaming. I've been told I have a friable cervix in the past so I'm hoping my little bit of extra bleeding is just because my cervix is a bit more sensitive than average.

#46 JDA32

JDA32
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

Redkatie & momsomeday-thanks for your replies. The brown discharge stopped this morning, which was good. But then this evening actual bleeding started. It’s not period heavy, and not quite bright red, but it’s enough that I’ve had to switch my liner a couple times. I texted the nurse (benefits of going to a very small clinic, very personal and I can just text the nurse any questions I might have), she’s going to talk to the doctor first thing in the morning and try to get me in for an ultrasound. She said bleeding can occur and to double my progesterone, so I’m now taking two shots of progesterone a day. But in all honesty, I’m not feeling optimistic at all. Part of me doesn’t want to go tomorrow cause I’m dreading hearing the words there is nothing there. Finally got my first ever positive pregnancy, and now I’m petrified that it only lasted 5 weeks.

Sorry to be a downer! I’m extra stressed right now and I figure you ladies would understand!

#47 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:17 AM

Jda32 - I really hope you get some answers today and I hope they are positive. I've known quite a few women who have had a hematoma during their pregnancy and have bled quite a bit during their first trimeater. Hopefully that's all it is. Your in my thoughts!
Me -27. DH-32
Married 2009

April 2014- FET #2- BFN

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN

Beta#1- 335

#48 Dee1985

Dee1985
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

StephaniElise - IVF was covered for a short while here in Quebec. It hasn't been covered in over two years. All out of pocket... And wow! Two babies!! Congratulations! My ultrasound confirmed yesterday only one baby. The nurse was looking for two because my HCG levels are so high. I guess I just have a super baby. Hahaha.

JDA32 - Enjoy that trip!!! Wow. Sounds absolutely marvelous. I know you're going through a scare right now. Praying it's just normal bleeding. Can't wait to hear back today. No matter what the outcome is, I really hope you still enjoy your trip. You deserve it. 

Momsomeday - Congrats!! Positive thoughts!

KKC123 - Congratulations! Really hoping third time's a charm for you!

Abrianna - This is so exciting!!! Especially knowing you from the other group. Makes this announcement much more special!

Farmgirl19 - I'm from Montreal. I have always known I would need donor eggs to get pregnant, though doctors didn't think I could ever carry until about 10 years ago. This is my second and last pregnancy. I'd like to donate our last embryo to a friend of mine, but I don't know how my husband will feel about that. I don't even know if she'll want it, but I would love for her to finally have her miracle baby. She's turning 39 tomorrow. 

BMAC82 - Congratulations!!! How great! 

#49 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Stephani- congrats on your twins!! Such a blessing!! 👶🏻 👶🏻

JDA- I think its just normal bleeding but Id check with the doctors. I heard from my accupuncturist that up to 70 % of women get bleeding in the first trimester and the baby turns out fine. Keep us updated! Did they test your progesterone levels?

Momsomeday, BMaC, KKC, congrats!! Welcome! And keep us updated :)

I just had my ultrasound yesterday and there was one healthy baby with a HB at 150 :) there was one other twin that my doctor thinks is a blighted ovum and didnt make it:( yesterday was 6w6d so Im going in again right at 8 weeks to check on that baby but the doctor is convinced its probably not viable and says it wont affect the healthy twin.
Im happy because Ive been pregnant before but never reached this milestone yet

Wishing you all the best! 🧡

#50 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

Well, I had my ultrasound and should have been 6 weeks but the doctor couldn't see anything at all in my uterus. I'm not sure how that's possible since my beta had gone up nicely on Mondays blood draw. I only had a small amount of spotting and zero cramping. So they took another beta today, but the doctor is pretty sure that there will not be a good outcome.