New here--any fertility doctor recommendation in Markham? - Introductions - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New here--any fertility doctor recommendation in Markham?

recommendation; markham

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VICASA

VICASA
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:NOT SURE

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

Hi i am new here. Nice to meet all of you here. I couldn't get pregnant somehow for unexplained reason for 8 years. I am thinking of going through IVF. Do you guys have any good doctors to recommend? It's so hard to read all the reviews of every doctor! There are good and bad reviews for every doctor. It's so hard to judge from the reviews. anyone has any experience of how to find a good doctor and clinic? Thank you.

#2 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Hi and welcome,

So sorry you have to start looking into IVF but you will find a lot of support here if you need it.  I have seen many fertility doctors over the past 6 years.  Started in Ottawa then Montreal and now I am going to a clinic in Markham.

I would highly recommend Markham Fertility Centre and I hear all their doctors are good but I am with Dr. Virro.

I hope your journey goes well and you find a doctor that can help you.

All the best!

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#3 bluebird1

bluebird1
  • 3 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:27 PM

For anyone browsing and interested...

Markham is good. Get your family doctor to send out a referral to the clinic. Expect to wait a month for an appointment, they're quite busy however have 4 doctors. I've met with most of the doctors at MFC and they all have been general pleasant. Their staff is amazing. They have an exceptional team.

#4 mrscargie

mrscargie
  • 78 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic / Mount Sinai

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

Welcome to the board!

As others have said, highly recommend Markham Fertility Centre, I was seeing Dr Virro. His staff is are incredibly knowledgeable on a variety of issues, and Dr. Virro himself is and excellent doctor with a great bedside manner. He's totally honest (which I appreciate) talks plainly about issues and really is in your corner and will try the best for you.

A bit about my story, I was approaching 40, I had a baby boy already and was trying for a second with no success (2 miscarriages). We went through a couple of rounds of IUI with no success so then went straight to IVF (I had unexplained). I went through one very emotional cycle with 6 embryos. Unfortunately 4 didn't make it to day 5 but 2 did. I did a fresh transfer which was a BFN, then waited a couple months and did a frozen transfer in August 2015. I'm now a proud mom to a 2 year old girl via IVF along with my 6.5 conceived naturally. I'm so thankful for all the support from Markham, it made the journey much easier.

Private message me if you want to talk further.

Good Luck on your journey.

Me: 41 DH: 43

Unexplained Secondary Infertility

We have a beautiful son conceived naturally born by ER C-section in 2011

5 Weeks PP, Deep Vein Thrombosis, blood clots formed in my leg, then went to my lungs!!!

Spent 10 days in hospital, on Warfarin for almost a year until end of 2012. Couldn't TTC until off blood thinners

Since then...

March 2014 - 1 Natural pregnancy ended in MC @ 6W

November 2014 - 1 IUI - BFN

December 2014 - 2nd IUI - BFP - MC @ 6W - moving to IVF

May 2015 - Started Stims for IVF, Menopur, Gonal F, Orgalutron, HCG,

6 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 made it to blast at 5 days

June 2015 - 5 day blast fresh transfer - BFN

August 2015 - FET scheduled

August 2015 - th_abfp.gif

September 2015 - Viability scan confirms blob with heartbeat thumbup.gif

October 2015 - 12 week scan and follow-up! It's a nailbiter! crsd.gif crsd.gif

Got my referral to Mount Sinai Special Pregnancy Program - very happy

15 weeks and listened to the beautiful music of the heartbeat nice and strong! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif  Fingers still crossed!

31 weeks along now. Can't wait to meet this little one!

Sarah Ashley was born on April 4th 2016, 1:41am, weighing a whopping 9 pounds 11 ounces!

#5 christinek

christinek
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

Hey there...I was with Dr. Pyselman at Markham and I have to say that I wasn't very happy with her mannerisms and bedside manner. I always felt that she was in a rush and never had time for any questions. I ended up switching to another clinic because of how negative I felt while I was there.

Regardless of that I have heard that Dr. Virro is wonderful. I wish you the best of luck with your decision and your journey!

#6 MotherLove

MotherLove
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

I would recommend Markham Fertility Center as well.  I am seeing Dr. Virro.