When do ONT clinics get their funding for 2018? - Healthcare Funding and Finances - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

When do ONT clinics get their funding for 2018?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IMBurlington

IMBurlington
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Anova Fertility

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Hello there,

My clinic has advised me that the OHIP funded cycles run from April to April. Do you happen to know when clinics get advised from OHIP for the April 2018 funding?

I was advised I was first on the list for the April funded but just curious when they would be reaching out to me with the final confirmation.

thanks

#2 kayte1

kayte1
  • Global 100+
  • 228 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

This is a great question. I hope for everyone waiting, their time comes very soon. Is there anyone waiting who has been waiting since the rollout of this program?

#3 Saahsm

Saahsm
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Anova

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

Hi IMBurlington

I see you with Anova. We are also with Anova Fertility too, who is your doctor?. We were added to their list on May 2017 and were told by July 2017 that we got our funding (it was a two months wait). My understanding is that Anova uses the funding on first come first serve basis and they run out of funding by October. 

#4 IMBurlington

IMBurlington
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Anova Fertility

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

Yes, we're with Anova and our doctor is Dr. Dixon. So far I've had no issues with them. Our process is slightly different as we are using a surrogate to have to ensure all our "ducks are in order". Still looking for a surrogate.

I've been told by Anova that I'm one of the first on their funded IVF listing as soon as they get their new funding for the year from OHIP, which the start should be April. I just wondered when they get that notice from OHIP.

#5 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

Soemtimes the clinic gets extra funding that they are not expecting so you can get bumped up as well. I went from a 5 month wait to a 1 month wait.

Nov 2016 Feb 2017 4 failed iui

Mar 2017 IVF 3 pgs abnormal embryos

Oct 2017 IVF 1 pgs normal embryo

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

May 2018 Donor FET 5 week mc

Feb 2019 Donor FET 5.5 week mc