• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 PDub

PDub
  • 50 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

Sheather I"m so glad your going to see a pelvic floor physio, they should be mandatory for all pregnant and post partum women and all women! I also have IBS and follow the low fodmap medical diet, have you heard of it? 

I'm just over 19 weeks and we go for the anatomy scan on April 19th, man waiting until 20 weeks is hard but I think it's a girl. I read something last month that said children don't come to you, they come for you. So that makes me think girl this time. Which is terrifying, I feel like I just figured out the whole penis thing haha

#77 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:42 PM

Glad to hear all is well Sheather! Its crazy isnt it how fast its going?!

Good luck with your anatomy scan PDub, I have no feeling either way as to gender for ours, but my husband thinks its two boys.

Our 20 week scan is May 16 and for someone who always thought she didnt want to know gender in advance its driving me nuts! Ideally wed love one of each but really I just want healthy babies. Im one of three girls so I have no clue what Id do if its two boys lol

Things are still going well with me, Ive popped in the last couple weeks. Maternity pants are amazing and I feel like Ill have a hard time going back to regular ones haha!
Worst pregnancy thing thats developed is full on snoring. Even the humidifier doesnt help any more. My husband has fully moved to the spare room now. Between that and the doctor ordered pelvic rest its feeling a bit lonely right now. Kind of like a roommate situation which is really tough.

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

-15 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 7 fertilized. Transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze.th_abfn.gif

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016

-24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 6 fertilized. Transferred 3 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze. th_abfn.gif

#78 jodycser

jodycser
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

Quiet board lately. I guess thats a good thing.

I had my anatomy scan today (it was scheduled at 18 weeks because they also wanted to keep monitoring my SCH)...not great news. My placenta is now probably covering my cervix. They couldnt get a great shot of it for some reason, but they think it is (it was partially covering it 2 weeks ago). My cervix has also shortened to 3.0cm (it was 4.2 2 weeks ago). They think its because the placenta is putting pressure on in (but they cant be sure of course). My SCH is also still in there, and is still measuring large. Basically they told me to come back in 2 weeks and they would reassess. I obviously havent talked to my dr yet, just the radiologist, so maybe hell be a bit more informative about it all.

The good news, is even though all of this is happening, baby is still growing perfectly and is measuring a few days big. They also have double confirmed that he is in fact a boy (not that I thought the CVS testing was wrong...is that even possible?)

Hope everyone else is doing better than me!

ET Aug 2014 - 19 retreived, 6 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)...4 blasts good to go!

November 2014 - 1st FET cycle...cancelled due to bad uterine lining

December 2014 - 2nd FET cycle....cancelled due to bad uterine lining

February 2015 - 3rd FET cycle...uterine lining got to 0.8mm...transferred 2 blasts...BFN

June 2015 - 4th FET cycle (only 1 blast left to transfer...one didn't make it through thaw).....we'll see...nope BFN

Oct 2015 - 31 retrieved, 8 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)....6 blasts good to go!

Jan 2016 - 5th FET cycle...lining got to 6.5mm, not great, but Dr seemed confident...transferred 2 blasts...just waiting...finished waiting

Beta #1 13dp5dt 1960 th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif

Beta #2 18dp5dt 14,950 th_aholysheep.gif

#79 PDub

PDub
  • 50 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

Hi jody, i"m sorry to hear that, it's so stressful. What's the latest news? 

I'd like to say my scan went better but it didn't. I thought for sure I was having a girl, but it's a boy!! So mom of boys for me, thank you puregon :) That's the good news, it went downhill form there, I have a 2 vessel cord or SUA/2VC so my cord is missing an artery, which got me referred to the maternal fetal medicine clinic for further monitoring via detailed u/s and meeting with a genetic counsellor. The 2VC isn't necessarily bad news, but it does mean higher risks but still not high risk if that makes sense for heart and kidney issues, fetal growth restrictions and preeclampsia. So at my more detailed u/s the heart and kidneys are doing good, but I found out I have low PAPP-A protein which can mean nothing but can mean increased risk for chromosome abnormalities, placenta issues, preeclampsia and growth issues oh and still born but I'm ignoring that one. Add in a not fully functioning left artery going from my uterus to my placenta. So basically my placenta isn't the best one out there and I'll be monitored every 4 weeks for now for fetal growth, possibly more in the later weeks depending on how he's doing in there.  

We've also decided to do the harmony test even though my nuchal came back low for all 3, the nuchal is only 70% accurate vs 99+% so I'll send that in early next week. 

Man, having babies is stressful. I feel a little pitiful even though everything could be totally normal, I'm surrounded by 2 family members pregnancies - accidental ones where one's had the "perfect" pregnancy and the other forgo's all additional screening and doesn't do an ultrasound until the anatomy scan. It's maddening. 

#80 Sheather

Sheather
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Baking, arts and crafts, yoga, fitness, cooking, Pinterest, is Pinterest a hobby lol.
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai Centre for fertility

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hello ladies! Nice to see some activity in here.

HelenM- Ive been wearing maternity pants a lot lately too. Im a heavy girl to begin with and thought I wouldnt need to really wear them, but with the discomfort and bloating I get they have allowed me to be more relaxed and comfortable!

Jody- you poor thing, so much to worry about, you sure are a strong woman, hope you are handling it well and have lots of support. Absolutely fantastic that the little one is growing strong, must be a fighter like momma! Gotta take care of you and that baby. Hope the next scans and tests go well and things start looking up.

PDub- congrats on the boy 💙 sorry your test didnt go as positive as you hoped, but sounds like you are in good hands and they are dealing with things quickly to make sure you have the best outcome. Its so scary when they have to list every possible thing that could happen, makes ya nuts! Keep us posted!

As for me- finally have my anatomy scan this coming Wednesday. I really hope the baby cooperates FPS we can find out the gender. Im dying to know! Ive been feeling the baby move a lot these days, feels so weird at times. Other than that things have been pretty simple, occasional knee cramps at night, lots of acid reflux which I may have to ask my doctor about as my Zantac is no longer doing the trick. And I went to my cardiologist the other day and even though my heart is doing well right now he wants to refer me to a special pregnancy program for cardiology. Not sure if I will be going there instead of my current OBGYN, or if I will just be followed by them as well. Should hear from them this week.

Oh and we lost our sweet 2.5 year old cat suddenly a few weeks ago. He had been having some health issues and had surgery, after his second surgery he wasnt recovering well and vitals were not stable. His little heart gave out and he stopped breathing. They attempted CPR but he passed away while we were on our way to the emergency animal hospital to say goodbye. It was such a difficult thing to go through. I cried for days, he was just a baby still and was my big suck. I got him after a failed transfer two years ago, so he held the place of a baby for me. My heart was so crushed and still is when I look at his pictures. We decided to get a new kitten to help ease the pain of losing him, and it has been a huge distraction.

Live-Love-Laugh

1999-Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma at 15 y/o. Heavy chemo, radiation and bone marrow transplant. Never had period or ovulation after. Body is basically going through menopause without the assistance of estrogen.
2014-Endometriosis diagnosed

Donor eggs from my cousin gave us 1 fresh and 4 frozen embryos

1st Transfer- Fresh Embryo June 2013 ended in chemical pregnancy
2nd Transfer- FET August 2013 ended in early miscarriage at 6.5 weeks
3rd Transfer- FET July 31st 2015. BFN

ERA test done November 2015- determined my lining is pre-receptive. plan to do ET on day 8 of progesterone rather than day 6.  

4th Transfer- January 08 2016. BFN

on the list for IVF funding April 2017 :)

#81 jodycser

jodycser
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:15 AM

Hey ladies, I doubt anyone checks this board anymore, but just in case I wanted to let you all know I delivered my baby boy 6 weeks early this past Friday. My water broke at 33 weeks 5 days, I was admitted for monitoring, and the drs were going to induce me at 34...the L&D dept got really busy that day so I was pushed back a day. My baby had other plans and labour started that night. It came hard and fast (5th baby so I was kind of expecting that). I went from 2cm to 7cm in 30 minutes before I got my epidural. After the pain subsided I rested for an hour and when the nurse came back to check me she told me his head was ready to fall out and why didnt I call her!. Honestly I was tired and was letting my uterus do the majority of the work. 2 pushes and he was out! Hes in the NICU as he had some breathing issues (we are hoping those are resolved now as he has been on room air for 48 hours now) and now needs to learn how to eat and grow. After so many complications with this pregnancy I am happy to say he came out screaming at a pretty good size (5 pounds on the nose) and we named him Arlo Jax. We knew he was going to come early, but I had high hopes we would make it to 36 weeks...obviously that didnt happen. Hopefully we can bring him home relatively soon (within the next week maybe?) so we can get our lives back to normal (or our new normal). I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy!

ET Aug 2014 - 19 retreived, 6 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)...4 blasts good to go!

November 2014 - 1st FET cycle...cancelled due to bad uterine lining

December 2014 - 2nd FET cycle....cancelled due to bad uterine lining

February 2015 - 3rd FET cycle...uterine lining got to 0.8mm...transferred 2 blasts...BFN

June 2015 - 4th FET cycle (only 1 blast left to transfer...one didn't make it through thaw).....we'll see...nope BFN

Oct 2015 - 31 retrieved, 8 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)....6 blasts good to go!

Jan 2016 - 5th FET cycle...lining got to 6.5mm, not great, but Dr seemed confident...transferred 2 blasts...just waiting...finished waiting

Beta #1 13dp5dt 1960 th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif

Beta #2 18dp5dt 14,950 th_aholysheep.gif