• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1061 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

Noticed this group did not exist yet so I figured I would get it started.
A little about myself. I am 41 and single mom by choice.
First IVF had 3 blasts but none came back normal from PGS testing. Did second round and got 1 pgs normal 6 day blast.
Just got my BFP beta on 10dp6dt. My second beta is tomorrow.

Nov 2016 Feb 2017 4 failed iui

Mar 2017 IVF 3 pgs abnormal embryos

Oct 2017 IVF 1 pgs normal embryo

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

May 2018 Donor FET 5 week mc

Feb 2019 Donor FET 5.5 week mc

#2 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

My due date is Aug20 but Just wanna drop by and say hi JIC ;-)
Good luck on your second beta tomorrow!!! Xoxo
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#3 Evey

Evey
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Genesis Vancouver

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Hi JIC,

We go back to DEC FET board together and I'm so pleased to see you here.

My due date is technically Sept 01, so I'm going to hang around on both the August and September boards, 

So excited about your doubling betas  - when is your Ultrasound?

Hiii also Canadamommy :D

#4 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1061 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

LOL figured I would start The September one as I thought most of you would be august. Might hang out in there as well. Based on the calculators my due date will be September 5. My clinic does not book the u/s until your hcg is around 3000. So I am guessing a week today or the following Monday. I should be around 3500 on Wednesday.
How many u/s are you having mine starts at every week then switches to every other

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

#5 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

JIC - woww thats a lot of U/S. i am so jealous. My family dr said I wont have another one until like 20 week or so;-/
  • ColeBoyce likes this
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#6 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1061 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

Canadamommy2- not sure which route is better. This way every otherday I am concerned are my numbers ok. Then it will be the same thing with u/s.

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

#7 Mrs.V

Mrs.V
  • 47 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

Hi everyone!!! I had my FET on Dec 20th and my beta at 15dp5bt was 1247 :) my DH and I have had three failed FET before and we are so happy the 4th one was successful!!! My due date is around Sept 7 2018 :)
  • RosySkies and ColeBoyce like this

#8 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1061 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Welcome Mrs. V and congrats on BFP! What great numbers.

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

#9 ColeBoyce

ColeBoyce
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Mayo

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:36 PM

Hello Everyone! I am 41 and had my first FET on Dec. 28th 2017. I had my first hcg yesterday, which was a Saturday and early in my opinion. My level was 5.5; considered pregnant but very low. We had 1 blastocyst at day 5 transferred. I have another hcg tomorrow. Has anyone known of a level that low with a viable pregnancy?

#10 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1061 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:20 AM

Hi ColeBoyce,
FX for you that your number continues to go up.
That is really early for testing so not sure what my numbers were at that time. My first test was on 11dp6dt and they were willing to say positive to me but not tell me my level at the time as they said it was the earliest they were willing to test and it was due to lab closures over the holidays that Ingot to go in early
I know that I have seen many charts that show a level of 5 hcg at 3 weeks after last menstral cycle as being viable. That being based on naturel pregnancy and Fets are sometimes slower to implant.
Hope that helps
  • ColeBoyce likes this

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

#11 ColeBoyce

ColeBoyce
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Mayo

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

Well, my hcg levels rose today; so we’re pretty excited!!

#12 Evey

Evey
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Genesis Vancouver

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Congrats Mrs. V and also to you ColeBoyce - exciting!

Mrs. V - so GLAD this one was successful for you !

And ColeBoyce, It's surely low just because it's so early so as long as it's rising UP, you're pregnant!  Congratulations <3

#13 Kke1988

Kke1988
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

Hello everyone! Technically Im an October due date but its a September 19 due date of its twins wince we transferred two. I think my first beta of 331 is rather high but well see what happens. Congrats on everyones pregnancy!

#14 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

Hi everyone,
Im 6weeks 4 days pregnant after a donor embryo FET, just had my first ultrasound today. We saw two flickering heartbeats 💗. We knew it was a possibility because my beta was high but boy oh boy!
I didnt join any cycle groups this time, I think I was just tired from getting my hopes up from two previous disastrous cycles of IVF.
Now that Im actually pregnant Id like to share the pregnancy with some buddies, but dont feel like I really belong in a regular pregnancy forum. Having been through fertility treatments, you all get it.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy. Looking forward to being on this journey with you all!

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

-15 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 7 fertilized. Transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze.th_abfn.gif

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016

-24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 6 fertilized. Transferred 3 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze. th_abfn.gif

#15 Sheather

Sheather
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Baking, arts and crafts, yoga, fitness, cooking, Pinterest, is Pinterest a hobby lol.
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai Centre for fertility

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:11 AM

Joining in! I did my 6th transfer on January 10th (1 fresh, 5 FET) little bean is sticking and I am currently just shy of 8 weeks pregnant. Hasnt been an easy pregnancy thus far. Have had a few spotting and one heavy bleeding with contraction like pains. Went to the ER and discovered I have a SCH. Doctor isnt concerned though, said baby is developing nicely. I had transferred one embryo however that little guy decided to split into two sacs. The second sac never developed though so I just have the one baby growing. Crazy that it split, apparently its a 1.5% chance of that even happening! Now Im on the hunt for an OBGYN. This is so exciting!!

Live-Love-Laugh

1999-Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma at 15 y/o. Heavy chemo, radiation and bone marrow transplant. Never had period or ovulation after. Body is basically going through menopause without the assistance of estrogen.
2014-Endometriosis diagnosed

Donor eggs from my cousin gave us 1 fresh and 4 frozen embryos

1st Transfer- Fresh Embryo June 2013 ended in chemical pregnancy
2nd Transfer- FET August 2013 ended in early miscarriage at 6.5 weeks
3rd Transfer- FET July 31st 2015. BFN

ERA test done November 2015- determined my lining is pre-receptive. plan to do ET on day 8 of progesterone rather than day 6.  

4th Transfer- January 08 2016. BFN

on the list for IVF funding April 2017 :)

#16 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:11 PM

Joining in! I did my 6th transfer on January 10th (1 fresh, 5 FET) little bean is sticking and I am currently just shy of 8 weeks pregnant. Hasnt been an easy pregnancy thus far. Have had a few spotting and one heavy bleeding with contraction like pains. Went to the ER and discovered I have a SCH. Doctor isnt concerned though, said baby is developing nicely. I had transferred one embryo however that little guy decided to split into two sacs. The second sac never developed though so I just have the one baby growing. Crazy that it split, apparently its a 1.5% chance of that even happening! Now Im on the hunt for an OBGYN. This is so exciting!!

Sheather, my friend who did IVF had quite severe bleeding and was sure she was miscarrying but has a healthy and happy baby. I guess those SCH are common in Ivf pregnancies. I can only imagine how scary it is. Ive had very minor spotting so far and thats scary enough for me thank you very much!
Its a pretty crazy ride, Im still finding it hard to believe its actuallu happening.

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

-15 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 7 fertilized. Transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze.th_abfn.gif

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016

-24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 6 fertilized. Transferred 3 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze. th_abfn.gif

#17 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

I had my first apt with my ob/gyn today. Pretty uneventful, he said they were still too small at 8 weeks to hear them and the rate of miscarriage is still higher now so he wants to see me at 10 weeks. Hell take a look at them then. He showed me the ultrasound results from my ultrasound at 6 weeks 4 days. They both measured 6 weeks 2 days and had heartbeats of 130 and 160bpm. He was not concerned by the difference in them.
He did say that hell deliver at 37 weeks if I dont go into labour sooner, and that it will almost certainly be a c-section. I wasnt impressed with that, but whatever is best for the little ones I guess! I guess my new due date is September 8th, only a few days before their daddys!

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016

#18 Sheather

Sheather
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Baking, arts and crafts, yoga, fitness, cooking, Pinterest, is Pinterest a hobby lol.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:07 AM

Helen, well its good he wasnt concerned about anything and that your little beans are doing well. Sucks that he is just jumping to the idea of a c section though. Almost every single one of my friends whove had a baby have had a c section, all but 1 actually! So dont worry too much right now, maybe later on he will revisit the idea.

AFM, still waiting to hear from my OBGYN referral. Im 9 weeks today and am supposed to stop my meds by 10 weeks but I am terrified to do so without seeing my little bean again first. I may ask my family doctor for an ultrasound in the mean time, just need that reassurance as this all still feels way too surreal. Anyone else due in September told to stop estrogen and progesterone by 10 weeks??

Live-Love-Laugh

1999-Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma at 15 y/o. Heavy chemo, radiation and bone marrow transplant. Never had period or ovulation after. Body is basically going through menopause without the assistance of estrogen.

ERA test done November 2015- determined my lining is pre-receptive. plan to do ET on day 8 of progesterone rather than day 6.  

#19 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

Sheather, yeah thats my hope, I dont think he can make a call either way until closer. From what I read it depends on what position the first baby is in. If its ready to go they will sometimes allow vaginal birth, if its not in place then automatic c-section. So well see closer to the date.

Im supposed to stop taking the meds at 10 weeks too. I wasnt sure if I was supposed to just stop taking them cold turkey or wean myself off, the clinic never mentioned, and as they told me I was pregnant I was so shocked I didnt ask! I asked my ob when I saw him and he said to just stop them on that date. So March 3rd here I come! I counted out my pills yesterday and Im one estrace pill short (that would be the one I dropped on the floor of Starbucks early on 😂).
When will you get another ultrasound? I had my early one and my dr wants to see me March 7 at 10 weeks to take a look at those critters so I can only assume that means another ultrasound. I stop my meds March 3. After that though it wont be til 20 weeks which seems like such a long time but apparently totally normal!

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016

#20 jrzostek

jrzostek
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Shady Grove

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

Anyone else gain a lot of weight from IVF meds? I blow up on endometrin and now my OB says I'm stuck just managing it. Seems like a long 7 months to be not feeling great! 

#21 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic Calgary

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

Hey ladies Im due sept 24!! Pregnant from my 3rd fet.
As for stopping the meds at 10 weeks, I was instructed to as well. I did the same thing after my fresh transfer in 2016 just stopped cold turkey no weaning. I too was very concerned about stopping them all of a sudden but the nurse explained to me that they already keep you on them for longer than really necessary so if you dont have enough to finish the last day or so not to worry. That being said this time around im still nervous to stop them at 10 weeks but I did the same last time and everything worked out!!

#22 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Jrzostek and Queen17, welcome!
Its nice to finally have some action on this board, I was getting worried!!!
Jrzostek, I dont know about gaining weight in the meds particularly but I know this whole journey of almost 5 years has put almost 40!lbs on me through stress eating and poor management on my part. Im just trying to eat better now knowing Im growing little ones but definitely easier said than done between nausea and food aversions.

Thanks for the info Queen17, I guess I wont stress about that one tiny pill on the last day. So is this your 2nd pregnancy then? You can be our resident expert haha!

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016

#23 jodycser

jodycser
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

Hi everyone. Im due Sept 27th so figured I might as well join in. Like Sheather I also have had a bit of a rocky start as I too have an SCH that has bled pretty regularly. Ive already had 3 ultrasounds, baby is looking good (last heart rate was 179 and was measuring at 8w5d when I was 8w5d), but the SCH is still quite large so Im not out of the woods just yet and they are going to keep monitoring it. Im also super sick all day lately. Ive tried everything to try to help it, but unfortunately not much is working. Im hoping once Im off these meds (less than a week!) the morning sickness will at least subside a bit (thats a real thing right?)

Helen - I had twin girls in August 2016 and did not have a c-section. My twin A was in a good position so we went ahead with a vaginal birth, they just had to get up in there and turn baby B after baby A was out...not super comfortable, but I survived 😉 so dont worry about that just yet.

ET Aug 2014 - 19 retreived, 6 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)...4 blasts good to go!

November 2014 - 1st FET cycle...cancelled due to bad uterine lining

December 2014 - 2nd FET cycle....cancelled due to bad uterine lining

February 2015 - 3rd FET cycle...uterine lining got to 0.8mm...transferred 2 blasts...BFN

June 2015 - 4th FET cycle (only 1 blast left to transfer...one didn't make it through thaw).....we'll see...nope BFN

Oct 2015 - 31 retrieved, 8 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)....6 blasts good to go!

Jan 2016 - 5th FET cycle...lining got to 6.5mm, not great, but Dr seemed confident...transferred 2 blasts...just waiting...finished waiting

Beta #1 13dp5dt 1960 th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif

Beta #2 18dp5dt 14,950 th_aholysheep.gif

#24 Sheather

Sheather
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

Ugh, my ten weeks is Friday and I am already out of meds! Now I have to get the full prescription for one week of meds lol. Oh well what can ya do. Still no word from my OBGYN. I did order a Doppler which should arrive this week so hopefully I can hear that little heartbeat 💗
Jody, Im due on the 28th!
Sucks that you are super sick all the time, but they say its a good sign. I just get random waves of nausea, usually early morning before I eat and then in the evening before dinner.
Some days I just feel crappy all over. Like my entire body aches as if I were getting the flu. And I get pressure and discomfort with occasional pains in my pelvic area. Anyone else feel like this?

Live-Love-Laugh

#25 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

My original due date was Sept 29 but with dr saying I wont go passed 37 weeks I guess its sept 8th now!

Thanks Jody, Ive put it in the back of my mind right now, but Im a perpetual worrier and I think eons ahead lol
Good to have someone whos been through the twins thing before. Ill be picking your brain if thats ok!
Are you on meds to help with morning sickness? They have those dont they if it gets really bad?

Sheather, yep, get that too. Hadnt had it for a bit but yesterday was a day of quite a bit of pinching and twinges in my uterus. Dr says its just your uterus stretching to accommodate baby.

I discovered presidents choice English style ginger snaps yesterday. Very gingery! I was getting bored of crackers and ginger ale. They were a nice change, but watch out, addictive!

When are you guys telling people about the pregnancy or have you already?
Were holding off until 12 weeks but may start to slip up after the 10 week ultrasound since we wont see them again til 20 weeks it sort of seems like a good place to start. Were going to be visiting my family in another province end of March so Im really looking forward to being able to tell them in person after this 5 year journey, give them some good news!

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016