• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nikkkkkiiii

Nikkkkkiiii
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic - Calgary, AB

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

Hi everyone! I am new here and just wanted to reach out and see if anyone can share similar experiences and share success stories with FET. I've heard/read they can be more successful than a fresh cycle. I have been thru 2 rounds of fresh IVF (2 embies day 2 and 2 embies day 3) and both failed. sad.png

I'm now in the my 2ww on my first FET (one embie day 5 blast). My transfer was on 12/4/17 and my beta is on 12/17/17. Today is the 14th and I'm going crazy! Trying not to do a hpt but I may tonight. I would be 11dpt today. smile.png

blush.png

#2 RosySkies

RosySkies
  • Global 100+
  • 171 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

Welcome, sorry to hear your fresh transfers weren't successful. My clinic told me they tend to see a bit higher success rates with frozen transfers, they theorized the uterine lining is more receptive when your body isn't still being affected by the IVF stim drugs. I did my first IVF in August and the fresh transfer failed, but our first FET was successful and I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant :)

Because your embie is a day 5 blast it also has a higher chance of being successful than a day 2 or day 3 embie. 

Also just wanted to mention that if you take a hpt now at 11 days past a 5-day transfer it should be fairly accurate ;) Good luck!!

• Nikkkkkiiii likes this

Me - 33   DH - 35

Started TTC Jun 2013

Diagnosis: Low sperm count & motility

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 - Antagonist Protocol

18 eggs retrieved all mature  ICSI'd 16 eggs → 12 fertilized  10 blastocysts

froze 9, transferred 1 fresh embryo - BFN

FET #1 - Oct 2017 - transferred 1 embryo - BFP!! 

our son was born July 2018

FET #2 - Mar 2020 - transferred 1 embryo - chemical (beta = 5)

FET #3 - Jun 2020 - transferred 1 embryo - BFN

FET #4 - Oct 2020 - transferred 1 embryo - BFN

FET #5 - Dec 2020 - transferred 1 embryo - chemical (beta = 42)

#3 Nikkkkkiiii

Nikkkkkiiii
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

Thanks RosieSkies :) I broke down last night and did a hpt and it was negative. Feeling a little down about it but my beta is scheduled for this sunday (3 days away). I feel its all over for me. I think our next plan would to maybe look into donor eggs. I'm only 31 but I feel it might be an egg quality issue. At the time of transfer the embies (all 3 times) looked great they said. Who knows. I'll keep you posted on my beta :)

#4 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

Nikki I wouldn't give up quite yet. There are women on these forums that tested negative on an hpt the day before (or I think even of) their beta and got positive betas. HPT tests are not absolute, no matter what the commercials say. Yes, it may happen that your beta is negative, so plan for your next steps, to shift your focus from the past onto where you go next, as you are doing. Has your RE mentioned an egg quality issue? I am assuming since you transferred day 2 and then day 3 embryos that perhaps those ones were questionable? Let's say that you come up with a negative on a day 5 blast, I don't think that's still an absolute conclusion that you cannot use your own eggs. There are lots of other issues that can be explored for women with repeat implantation failure.

• Nikkkkkiiii likes this

#5 Nikkkkkiiii

Nikkkkkiiii
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

Thanks Returnable!! I am trying to remain positive and I pray that is the case that maybe the hcg isn't showing up on my hpt's. Fingers crossed. I am use to having a negative outcome from my last 2 failed fresh ivf's but still haven't lost hope!! My clinic says it could be an egg quality issue but they don't know. The FET cycle I'm in now was a day 5 blast and they said it looked great. My lining was measuring a 8mm. They do recommend not to do hpt, however I've been reading that lots of women will get faint or even dark + lines on hpt. I am going to test again on sunday morning before my beta just to see.

1st ivf cycle they only retrieved 4 eggs and 2 fertilized, we put them both in

2nd ivf cycle they retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 were put in and only 1 made it to freezing

3rd FET with my only frostie cycle - current

#6 SJSP

SJSP
  • 69 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

I had 4 failed transfers - 1 fresh and 3 frozen. I was down to 1 frozen left and I switched clinics - from Create in Toronto to Hannam. Hannam did 2 ERA biopsies, over 2 cycles. I'm not receptive for a day 6 transfers - after 5 days of progesterone, but I am after 6 days of progesterone - so a day 7 transfer. We transferred that last embryo on Day 7 the next month and I got my first BFP! Sadly, I had a miscarriage at week 8. The embryo was the poorest quality of all the ones I had (PGS tested as a CC). BUT we now know that we can make it work and we are doing another IVF cycle to make more embryos.  

Maybe mention the ERA biopsy to your doctor? See if it's an option for you? 

• Chermc22 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2ww, FET, 11dpt, success stories, similar experiences