• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:fertility solutions

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

I was trying to find a separate forum group for miscarriages but had no luck. After multiple attempts all ending in BFN's I FINALLY got a BFP, only to have this end in miscarriage at 5 weeks. Frustrating is not even the word to describe how upset this makes me. My RE said we should regroup and see if there is anything we can do to allow my to sustain a pregnancy. This IF word makes me very very very nervous. Can anyone share or advise if this has happened to them and if yes, were you able to sustain a pregnancy. Any help would be wonderful as I am going out of my mind. :( thank you

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 743 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

Firstly, I am sorry for what you are going through. It is like being punched in the stomach and finally being knocked out. To answer your question, yes it has happened to me. I had three miscarriages, four failed transfers and a termination at 17 weeks due to a birth defect. SO I have been punched in the gut over and over again and finally the last ordeal, truly broke me spiritually and emotionally. Finally after two years, I have come to terms with it. To say that I have answers, I don't and to say to you not to give up is selfish because only you can know what and how you feel. My only advice to you is keep your head up high, don't loose hope and listen to your inner voice. Wishing you peace and love.

#3 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:58 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is.

Yes, I was finally able to sustain a pregnancy. I've had 7 losses: 2 ectopic pregnancies, 1 missed miscarriage at 9 weeks due to a chromosomal issue with the baby (heart just stopped beating), and 4 chemical pregnancies. I truly thought it was never going to happen for us. This most recent transfer in May 2017 was to be our last; we felt we needed to try one more time to ensure we didn't have any regrets before giving up and pursuing a child-free life. And lo and behold, I'm 31+ weeks with twins. It still feels surreal. Thank goodness for my amazing RE who just kept troubleshooting for us. We definitely added some new things this time to try and maximize success: intralipids, prednisone, a blood thinner, etc. Who knows why this pregnancy stuck in the end, but like you I had been convinced that my body just couldn't sustain a healthy pregnancy.

Best of luck to you as you regroup.

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#4 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

Firstly, I am sorry for what you are going through. It is like being punched in the stomach and finally being knocked out. To answer your question, yes it has happened to me. I had three miscarriages, four failed transfers and a termination at 17 weeks due to a birth defect. SO I have been punched in the gut over and over again and finally the last ordeal, truly broke me spiritually and emotionally. Finally after two years, I have come to terms with it. To say that I have answers, I don't and to say to you not to give up is selfish because only you can know what and how you feel. My only advice to you is keep your head up high, don't loose hope and listen to your inner voice. Wishing you peace and love.

I am so sorry for everything you have been through. I cannot even imagine having that happen @ 17 weeks. I am devastated regarding my situation and its like you said exactly - being punched in the stomach so I can only imagine. I wish you so so much luck throughout this and hope that one  day you have a better outcome. I am thinking that if I do attempt this again I will insist on PGD testing prior to any transfers. Is this something you have looked into? 

#5 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is.

Yes, I was finally able to sustain a pregnancy. I've had 7 losses: 2 ectopic pregnancies, 1 missed miscarriage at 9 weeks due to a chromosomal issue with the baby (heart just stopped beating), and 4 chemical pregnancies. I truly thought it was never going to happen for us. This most recent transfer in May 2017 was to be our last; we felt we needed to try one more time to ensure we didn't have any regrets before giving up and pursuing a child-free life. And lo and behold, I'm 31+ weeks with twins. It still feels surreal. Thank goodness for my amazing RE who just kept troubleshooting for us. We definitely added some new things this time to try and maximize success: intralipids, prednisone, a blood thinner, etc. Who knows why this pregnancy stuck in the end, but like you I had been convinced that my body just couldn't sustain a healthy pregnancy.

Best of luck to you as you regroup.

Thank you so much for your words. I am SO sorry for all the losses you have had and SO happy that you were able to have such an amazing outcome. CONGRATS. If you don't mind, do you mind telling me the things that you tryed this last cycle? This was my first time 

"adding new things" - which considered of a steroid, baby aspirin and an antibodic 2 weeks prior to the transfer. Was this the additions that you included. Thank you so much and congrats. 

#6 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 743 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Thank you for your kind words, I have not looked into this but may consider it in the future. Right now, I am going through the "I don't know if I want to go through all this stuff again". Please keep me posted on your journey.

• Carly102988 likes this

#7 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

Thank you for your kind words, I have not looked into this but may consider it in the future. Right now, I am going through the "I don't know if I want to go through all this stuff again". Please keep me posted on your journey.

Of course. Thank you so much. thinking and praying for you

#8 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Hi Carly,

Let me see if I can dig up my FET protocol for you. I'll be back...
  • Carly102988 likes this

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#9 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

Hi Carly,

Let me see if I can dig up my FET protocol for you. I'll be back...

THANK YOU! that is so very much appreciated! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miscarriage, IVF, BFNs