Finances Vent - Healthcare Funding and Finances - IVF.ca Forums

Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Finances Vent


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 writegal416

writegal416
  • Global 100+
  • 422 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

Okay, so we have a back-up plan if our next embryo transfer (using a donated embryo) doesn't work - an egg donor.  I just received an email from our clinic asking for payment for the donor's meds.  And as many of us probably know - it's quite significant.  I didn't think her screening would occur before the end of the year.  I was hoping it would be early next year, after my surrogate's beta.  It's the holiday season and I'd rather not spend that amount for this right now.  I don't know what to do!


____________________________________

 

Advised Not to Get Pregnant: Circa 1994 or 1995 (I was FIFTEEN!!!)

Married: August 2010

Started Adoption Process:  January 2013

Started Researching Surrogacy: August 2016

Found Embryos: November 2016

Matched with Surrogate: April 2017, all adoption put on hold (never matched with a child)

Surrogate's First Transfer: July 2017 (one FET) - BFP, but m/c or chemical (unsure, since second beta rose more than 60%, but third beta dropped)

Surrogate's  Second Transfer: October 2017 (one FET) - BFN

Surrogate's Third Transfer: December 2017 (double transfer) - BFN

 

Moving on to donor eggs...

 

New donor embryos available!!! Trying with them

 

Surrogate's Fourth Transfer:  February 2018 - was to be a double transfer, but one did not survive thawing, so single transfer; First beta - 685!!!!!; Beta #2 - 1594!!!  eusa_dance.gif yahoo.gif

First ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 2 days): Heart rate of 154 bpm, measuring slightly behind (just under 7 weeks)

Second ultrasound (9 weeks, 1 day):  Heart rate of 170 bpm, measuring small (again) at a little under 9 weeks.  Basically, it is growing at a good pace, just small - UPDATE:  heart rate is 175 bpm according to an email from the clinic! 

Harmony tests show that we are low risk and we're Team babyboy.gif


#2 writegal416

writegal416
  • Global 100+
  • 422 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Update:  The clinic will speak with the egg donor to postpone her screening, which means we do not have to send funds until we are sure we need it. We want to wait until after our surrogate's first ultrasound (if her betas are positive).

 

 

Yay to saving money (for now)! 


  • ilovemydogs and CdnHockeyGal like this

____________________________________

 

Advised Not to Get Pregnant: Circa 1994 or 1995 (I was FIFTEEN!!!)

Married: August 2010

Started Adoption Process:  January 2013

Started Researching Surrogacy: August 2016

Found Embryos: November 2016

Matched with Surrogate: April 2017, all adoption put on hold (never matched with a child)

Surrogate's First Transfer: July 2017 (one FET) - BFP, but m/c or chemical (unsure, since second beta rose more than 60%, but third beta dropped)

Surrogate's  Second Transfer: October 2017 (one FET) - BFN

Surrogate's Third Transfer: December 2017 (double transfer) - BFN

 

Moving on to donor eggs...

 

New donor embryos available!!! Trying with them

 

Surrogate's Fourth Transfer:  February 2018 - was to be a double transfer, but one did not survive thawing, so single transfer; First beta - 685!!!!!; Beta #2 - 1594!!!  eusa_dance.gif yahoo.gif

First ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 2 days): Heart rate of 154 bpm, measuring slightly behind (just under 7 weeks)

Second ultrasound (9 weeks, 1 day):  Heart rate of 170 bpm, measuring small (again) at a little under 9 weeks.  Basically, it is growing at a good pace, just small - UPDATE:  heart rate is 175 bpm according to an email from the clinic! 

Harmony tests show that we are low risk and we're Team babyboy.gif