• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mistyhaze26

mistyhaze26
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

Hi .. we found out at 7 weeks that our baby had no heart beat and stopped growth at 6 weeks. I took mistropol on Tuesday and had mild bleeding . Doc prescribed another dose and I took it on Thursday and started bleeding on Friday afternoon .. its a day of bleeding and heavy cramping . There are cramps continuous and bleeding . Wanted to know if such continuous cramping is normal and expected and for how many days will these cramping and bleeding continue . I have no fever or low bp or any other complaints . Just severe back ache and cramping along with bleeding

#2 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

I am so sorry you are experiencing a miscarriage. 

I have had a chemical pregnancy and had heavy bleeding and severe cramping for three days, without having taken misoprostol. 

I'd imagine a few days of bleeding and cramps is completely normal although it wouldn't hurt to email or call your clinic to double check what the norm is.

I wish you the best.

Me - 37   DH - 45 (Paraplegic)   

FET planned for spring 2017

#3 SunshineTTC

SunshineTTC
  • 1000+
  • 1037 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

With inducing a miscarriage at 7 weeks you should experience contractions and expel the full pregnancy along with your lining etc.  I personally was given a choice of oxycodone or morphine to take also for the pain.  There would normally be a lot of blood and often large blood clots (I had blood clots the size of small lemons).  You would also see the sac come out which is clear/translucent and about the size of a loonie at that point.  This can be extremely traumatic. The "main event" should start about 6 hours after the misoprostol, and last several hours.  I expelled one last random large clot about 5 days later.  I bled heavily for 5 weeks straight, worst case scenario but not impossible.  You should be checked by ultrasound for remaining tissue afterwards -- if anything remains, you'd need a D&C as it could otherwise cause infection.  I don't remember the exact dose (how many pills vaginally) I took, but I'm wondering about your dose as it shouldn't take a full day to kick in.  Take care of yourself through this horribly difficult time.

Me: 40 41 42 43 44 45, single, FSH 6, LH 2 (FSH not high, but exceeded 2:1 ratio), DOR (AFC 5-7, v.low AMH), all else normal/healthy.

After a difficult 6 year journey of everything going wrong, amazing baby boy born Dec 2018.  Donor sperm + DEB-USA donor eggs.  Detailed journey in 'about me'.