2 replies to this topic

#1 louisabenedicto

louisabenedicto
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

Hi there, 

I was wondering if you can tell me how the funding for IVF works? I received funding in december 2015 and did the first part of IVF in the January 2016. I got two embryos, then I was told by the clinic that they didn't have the funding for me to do the transfer until the  new financial year 2016 May so i should wait. I've just rang in October to say that I'm ready to transfer the embryo (summer is stressful at work so was advised best to wait until I'm in a less stressful time), and the clinic has told me they have no more funding for the financial year so I have to wait until next May. That would be nearly a year and a half since we started IVF. Is this right? Do they really only get funding for each separate part of the process and not all at once? 

#2 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 369 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Prev: Trio / Current: Hannam

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:54 PM

Hi - I'm not a lawyer,but that does not sound right at all.  What clinic are you at?

I believe once you get your funded cycle that comes with the transfers as well.  they are not separate.  

You can always contact the health ministry yourself to confirm.

#3 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hi there, 

I was wondering if you can tell me how the funding for IVF works? I received funding in december 2015 and did the first part of IVF in the January 2016. I got two embryos, then I was told by the clinic that they didn't have the funding for me to do the transfer until the  new financial year 2016 May so i should wait. I've just rang in October to say that I'm ready to transfer the embryo (summer is stressful at work so was advised best to wait until I'm in a less stressful time), and the clinic has told me they have no more funding for the financial year so I have to wait until next May. That would be nearly a year and a half since we started IVF. Is this right? Do they really only get funding for each separate part of the process and not all at once? 

I do believe that clinics get funding as a lump sum and guidelines about what is covered. If your clinic gets limited funding then they could have used up all their funding for the year.  Any funding they don't use they lose and could they risk getting full funding for the next year.  

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do