• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rsimz

Rsimz
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

After trying for 2 years with 3 miscarriages (2 were chemicals, 1 loss at 11 weeks). I'm seeing an RE to explore my treatment options. Because I have a unicornuate uterus he doesn't want to let me do a trigger shot or IUI. He says IVF is my only option. I'm can't afford this option. I am aware of the risks and would like to try an IUI. What are your thoughts?

#2 annatarz79

annatarz79
  • Global 100+
  • 251 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:52 AM

doctors  can not perform magic!!! i dont know how severe your situation is but i would look at a second opinion and a third before deciding. i would research on doctors that have patients similar to your situation.

IVF has its own risks so please consider all the risks based on your  predicament.

:) good luck 

#3 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 325 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

If you have been able to get pregnant without treatment then you shouldn't need IVF to get pregnant. The question is does your doctor feel the recurrent pregnancy loss play a role in the decision to do IVF? The risk of multiples is also a cause for concern with a unicornuate uterus, so you would definitely want to try to control for a singleton pregnancy to the best of your abilities. IVF with single embryo transfer can do that but so could natural cycles with IUI. Have you investigated a reason for the recurrent losses?

#4 Rsimz

Rsimz
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

The two chemicals they said would just be a bad egg. The loss at 11 weeks they believe was due to low Progesterone. They both said they dont think my uterus has anything to do with my losses and expect I should have a successful pregnancy. But Ive tried the last three cycles with Letrozole 7.5mg to get a few eggs out at a time with timed intercourses only. All BFNs. Last cycle I asked for an ultrasound and I had three mature follicles on my good side at 25mm, 23, and 22. Still a failed cycle. Im just getting impatient and want to know why Im not getting pregnant again.

#5 Rsimz

Rsimz
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

I also have PCOS and had super long irregular cycles with out medication. I have some adenomyosis in the fundus of my uterus.

#6 Rsimz

Rsimz
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

Ive also had the reccurant loss bloodwork done, all normal except my estradiol cd 3 is a bit low. Karyotyping for both hubby and I was normal. My AMH is 71 pmol/L. Ive had an HSG and hysteroscopy to confirm my UU which only revealed the adenomyosis.

#7 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 325 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

It sounds as though you have had a thorough workup 

Given the history IVF with single embryo transfer makes sense. I would not transfer more than 1 embryo to reduce risk of multiples given that you have a unicornuate uterus.

However if finances are an issue then IUI with perhaps more gentle stimulation is also an option to reduce chances of multiples.

Good luck!

• mouse likes this

#8 Rsimz

Rsimz
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

Thank you for your reply!!
Praying we get pregnant on our own while we wait for IUI / IVF 🙏🏻💕

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unicornuate, thin pcos, adenomyosis, 28, 3 MCs