• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chris_1977

Chris_1977
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

I had a Micro TESE procedure done by Dr. Jarvi at Mt. Sinai and he was able to retrieve 4 tissue samples which were taken to our fertility clinic.  This was my 2nd procedure and cost $2000.

The fertility clinic analyzed the samples and said that they only found 2 sperm of low quality and discouraged us from even freezing the samples.  My partner thankfully resisted and they agreed to incubate the samples overnight.

We told this to Dr. Jarvi in the recovery room and he was shocked that the clinic would suggest to discard the samples.  He said there were dozens to hundreds of sperm located in the samples but he was not surprised the clinic could not find them at this point.

The next day the clinic could not identify an more sperm and we instructed them to freeze the samples.

We are confused at the big disconnect between what we were told from Dr. Jarvi and the clinic.  Is there an explanation why the clinic wouldn't be able to find the sperm?  Would there be another clinic in the GTA who would have better expertise in this area?

Chris

#2 KMont

KMont
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

Hello I just saw your post and I am thinking of visiting dr jarvi for tese. I was wondering what clinic did you have the disconnect with is it the clinic associated with the clinic? Or your own chosen clinic? Were you indeed able to find sperm? My husband is going through something similar. Thank you