Abysmal AMH/FSH at age 35- IVF even an option? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Abysmal AMH/FSH at age 35- IVF even an option?

DOR FSH AMH IVF endometriosis 35 years old antagonist cycle AFC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 endogirl

endogirl
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Hi, I just discovered this website and have been learning lots!

I need advice. I am 35. I went through IVF 4 years ago  at age 31 and my AMH was 0.9 (US measurements) and FSH 8.9. We got 16 eggs, 13 were mature, 9 fertilized and 6 made it to blasts. Long story short, that IVF cycle we were extremely blessed to give birth to both a son (after the fresh IVF cycle) and then a daughter after an FET

We don't have anymore embryos and we were thinking about doing another IVF cycle since my husband's employer will cover the cost of both IVF and meds. But then my labs came back and my AMH is 0.26 and FSH 24.6! Haven't gotten an AFC yet. Estrodial is under 50.

Last time I think I was on an antagonist cycle, with 300 IU of Follistim and 150 IU of menopur. 

My cycles have been weird for about a year, and I don't think I'm ovulating every month. Some months my cycles are short - 20-25 days - and those are the months I think I'm not ovulating. Those months are waaaay better pain-wise (I have stage 4 endo). The month I got my labs drawn was one of my shortest cycles yet (20 days). No idea if this could have affected my FSH results?

I'm thinking it would be a waste to try IVF again, given my lab results. It seems like no amount of stims will get my ovaries to budge, but since we wouldn't have to pay out of pocket this time, I'm curious what anyone else thinks?

Another factor is that due to severe endometriosis I'm worried about putting estrogen in my system if I'm not going to be pregnant.

Thanks in advance!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DOR, FSH, AMH, IVF, endometriosis, 35 years old, antagonist cycle, AFC