3 replies to this topic

#1 Cooochabee

Cooochabee
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Hi. Im 33 but my partner is 50. I have one tube due to ectopic. We are doing I.u.i but this is our last chance due to him. Im so worried that the I.u.i wont work. I am afraid to be devastated. It was just announced that Rachel notley has closed my clinic as of feb next year. So scared and sad as eveytime I think about a child I want to cry. I cant even watch tv cuz of all the commercials or tv shows where people are pregnant. So frustrated. What do I do

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3233 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:09 PM

Hi. Im 33 but my partner is 50. I have one tube due to ectopic. We are doing I.u.i but this is our last chance due to him. Im so worried that the I.u.i wont work. I am afraid to be devastated. It was just announced that Rachel notley has closed my clinic as of feb next year. So scared and sad as eveytime I think about a child I want to cry. I cant even watch tv cuz of all the commercials or tv shows where people are pregnant. So frustrated. What do I do

I really recommend you seek a counsillor that specializes in infertility. If this is your last chance, you do have to be prepared that it will not work as the % success rate for IUIs is low. I really do hope that it works out for you though.

• RebeccaD likes this

#3 ThirdTimesACharm79

ThirdTimesACharm79
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • My Clinic:NCCRM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:47 PM

Why is this your last shot?
I am 35 and my partner is 53. His youngest (born) child is 22 years old and his oldest is 26.
We are currently pregnant with twins that are due when he is 54. We PGS tested our embryos and they were all normal (my age and his age still produced healthy embryos).

We had to do ICSI because he had a vasectomy 22 years ago. This was our only way to have a biological child between us.

I also have a girlfriend who is 37 and her husband is 57. They had a baby 2 years ago.
I just don't want you to give up because he is "50". I'm sure there may be other reasons, but def don't think "50" is the line.
  • RebeccaD likes this

#4 ThirdTimesACharm79

ThirdTimesACharm79
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • My Clinic:NCCRM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:49 PM

Btw- I have one tube and one ovary........ and my partner/husband has one testicle----- you could say we are a perfect pair! Haha.