Start Puregon on the 26th/Looking for buddies - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Start Puregon on the 26th/Looking for buddies

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:08 AM

Hi ladies,
This is my first time posting. I am doing Suprefact injections right now and begin Puregon on Saturday :) I should be having my ER/ET sometime in the second week of March. Looking for some women to cycle with. My DH and I are unexplained and have been TTC for 3+ years.

Looking forward finding someone to pass this stressful time with :)

------------------
Diane

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:31 AM

Hi Diane!

Welcome to the board! I'm about a week ahead of you in the process. OUr ER should be sometime next week...as long as there are no more hiccups.

I think that there are a few of us that are all cycling around the same time. Hope that all is well with you!

Cheers,
Heather

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

Hi Diane,

I am also currently doing Suprefact. My first appointment for down regulation is March 4th. Hope to be starting Gonal F that day, keeping my fingers crossed. So if all goes as planned, I should also be having ER Mid March.

This is our 2nd IVF. First one was in July and unfortunately it was a BFN. Hoping and praying for better results this time.

It's great to have others to talk to that are going through this at the same time.

Dina :)

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:22 PM

Hey All,
We are on track again, my cycle started full force today, one week late! I have been very regular for the last 20 years and now it screws up! But anyway My IVF nurse started me on Provera yesterday, she said it would take 4-7 days to work! HA HA, it took about 3 & 1/2 hours!!!!
I went for a FSH blood test this morning and we injected our first shot of Lupron this evening!! I am on 20 units of Lupron 2x a day and on Friday we start Gonal F and Repronex! So happy to finally be moving forward. We should be retrieving and tranfering in 2 weeks!! Around March 9th!! :rofl:

Good Luck Diane and Heather, We should all be getting Great News at about the same time!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Blessings to all,
Joy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:29 AM

Hi Diane,

Welcome on board and all the best ! :D

Cheers,
FloJo

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:49 AM

Hi girls- I am am awaiting AF and will likely start injections at the beginning of March for transfer around March 14 ish. Last time we had ICSI and this time around I'm hoping to produce enough eggs so that they can try IVF also.
I am pretty nervous- not so much about the physical pain but more about the huge emotional rollar coater that I know is ahead over this next month!
At least we'll be in it together.

Good luck Jill

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:08 PM

Diane,

Yay! We start stims (Repronex) on Feb 25, so we are one day ahead of you....How are you feeling? We are trying very hard to not get stressed. Where are you cycling? We live in Ottawa, but we are working with Ovo Clinique in Montreal.

Hannah and Viviane

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:36 PM

Hi ladies,
Wow, I've been a lurker here for awile. A friend from another website told me about this site :D I'm going to Lifequest in Toronto. I've been a patient there for over a year. We did about 4 IUI's, all BFN's soooo we decided that after 3+ years of trying that it was time to move onto IVF.

So far I have so many mixed emotions. I'm excited to be able to finally start stims but I'm also so nervous and scared of it not working. My DH and I said we would only give it one try as IVF is not cheap. I don't really feel stressed, just nervous.

We are also doing 100% ICSI. Usually the clinic likes to do half IVF and half ICSI but our doctor said full ICSI. I guess it was because we had some questionable SA's in the past?? Anyways, I'm 29 and my DH is 33.

Joy, my estimated ER is around March 9th also.

How long is it normal to use Puregon for? I've done cycles of clomid/Puregon and stimmed for 8 days. Do you think it will be longer? I'm on 150iu's of puregon plus .25cc's of suprefact a night.

Look forward to chatting with you all :D

--------------
Diane

#9 marley

marley
  • 1000+
  • 611 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

Hi Diane,

I'm just starting at Lifequest too :) How do you like it there so far?

I'll be a couple of months behind you with my IVF. Good luck with everything!!
Posted Image
Twin Girls born Feb/07

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:25 PM

Hi Diane,
We are doing ICSI too, we are going that way because I am 38 and DH is 49. So that is just what they do when you are older, but from what I have read we just are sure to be able to fertilize all the eggs possible. Only cost us an extra $300 so for the better results, I'll take it. At our clinic it is still called IVF, it's just w/ICSI.

I have been on the phone half of the afternoon to the pharmacies finding who carries the drugs that I need and what they cost where! The Gonal F, was $133 more at one pharmacy for one vial!!! And I need 8 vials!! That's a huge difference! Anyway, shop around!! :wacko:

Blessings to all,
Joy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:39 PM

Hey Gals!

Well, I had a bloodtest this afternoon to check how the E2 levels are since I had to double my dose of Gonal F. We won't get the results until tomorrow. If the levels aren't good, they said that they might cancel the cycle. :icon_cry:

I'm really trying to stay positive about it all. I guess that I just assumed that all would go smoothly. I think that I may have this bad habit of living in a world where if it's on paper then it will work as planned :bang: Ok...so now it's time for me to take off the rose cloured glasses :wub:

I hope that things are going really well for rest of you. I'm thinking about you!

Cheers,
Heather

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:54 PM

Hang in there Heather, it's not cancelled yet! there is still hope, and more Gonal F before the next blood draw!! Think positive!! :flowers:
Joy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:41 PM

Heather, don't give up, think positive. Your in my thoughts that your next E2 is where it should be!!

Joy, are you in Ontario? If so (ignore if your not in Ontario ;) )My clinic told me about a pharmacy in Brampton that offers patients meds at wholesale prices plus 2% fee. I've gotten my drugs there for all IUI's and they are wonderful. The Pharmacist is a former IVF patient herself and wanted to help other people going through the process. If you want the number let me know. One 450iu of Gonal-F is 436.00.

Marley, I like it. I'm seeing Dr. Redmond, who are you seeing? I met my IVF nurse yesterday (your assigned a nurse when doing IVF) Sharon is really nice.

Take care girls!

-----------------
Diane

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:56 AM

Thanks Diane, but I am in Southern Michigan. My Gonal F will be $487 a vial, so not too much more. My pharmacist is a friend and doesn't usually handle too many fertility drugs, but she is getting them to me at her cost! :clap:
Thanks again, Joy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:25 AM

Heather,

I hope all goes well with the Est. test today and you can continue with the cycle...I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Hannah

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:02 AM

Hi all

Not at the same stage of cycle as you but am doing my first injection of suprefact(1st cycle) tomorrow and feeling just a little apprehensive. Could you advise where you found the best place in the stomach to inject and how was it.

Sending lots of baby dust to all of you

Sarah
:)