First implantation failed, what should I do to prepare for next try? - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

First implantation failed, what should I do to prepare for next try?

implantation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 anniebrown

anniebrown
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

I only have 2 freeze embryo left now after the recent first implantation failed. Is there any food/supplement/other methods that could be helpful for implantation? A Chinese doctor told me taking CoQ10 would be useful for implantation, I didn't take it before or during my first implantation, would it be helpful?

Other than the cost is very expensive, I am very worry about failing again.

Honestly very sad after the first implantation failed. I am 33 now and thought I would have a good chance to be successful.

Please share and thanks.

#2 ThirdTimesACharm79

ThirdTimesACharm79
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • My Clinic:NCCRM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:08 AM

Sorry about your loss. I didn't follow any of the gimmicks - pineapples and other foods-
But I normally eat tons of fruits and veggies normally.
7 months before FET (which included 3 months before the retrieval/we had them frozen) I was on a special vitamin pack (it's $160 US dollars for a 3 month supply) of a prenatal vitamin and pharmaceutical Co Q 10.
I only have one ovary. I produced 13 follicles, 8 eggs, 6 fertilized and all 6 reached day 5 (3 were the highest grade and 2 were the next). We had genetic testing and one was abnormal.
Prepping- I read that low stress levels were great. During the 2WW I laughed- a lot. But I'm a natural goofball.
I read uterine "scratch" greatly increases implantation.
Acupuncture has also scientifically been shown to increase positive results (I didn't use this).

The quality of the embryo matters and so does the "ground".
Def talk to your fertility team.

I am currently pregnant with twins (just 7 weeks).

Best of luck and hang in there!

#3 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 829 posts
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

Hi anniebrown, try asking your doctor about having endometrial scratch done. It will hurt a little bit but the study show that it is help with the implantation. It worked with my first DS ;-)
Please dont lose hope!!
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#4 anniebrown

anniebrown
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

Sorry about your loss. I didn't follow any of the gimmicks - pineapples and other foods-
But I normally eat tons of fruits and veggies normally.
7 months before FET (which included 3 months before the retrieval/we had them frozen) I was on a special vitamin pack (it's $160 US dollars for a 3 month supply) of a prenatal vitamin and pharmaceutical Co Q 10.
I only have one ovary. I produced 13 follicles, 8 eggs, 6 fertilized and all 6 reached day 5 (3 were the highest grade and 2 were the next). We had genetic testing and one was abnormal.
Prepping- I read that low stress levels were great. During the 2WW I laughed- a lot. But I'm a natural goofball.
I read uterine "scratch" greatly increases implantation.
Acupuncture has also scientifically been shown to increase positive results (I didn't use this).

The quality of the embryo matters and so does the "ground".
Def talk to your fertility team.

I am currently pregnant with twins (just 7 weeks).

Best of luck and hang in there!

Twins is naturally from one fertilized? Twins is such a great news congrats!

#5 ThirdTimesACharm79

ThirdTimesACharm79
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • My Clinic:NCCRM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

We implanted two. So both implanted. We were able to account for one heart beat and will see tomorrow if the other's has started (fingers crossed).
Canadamommy is recommending the "scratch" too. Scientific Literature supports this and acupuncture. I think it's called endometrial scratch- def talk with your team.

#6 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 411 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

Try acupuncture, I have a few ivf friends that swear by it. So we did it twice abweek for 6 weeks leading up to (and all through ivf) our transfer and it took first try. We also got really good embryo results (or so i think lol).
I am 30 weeks and I still go.

#7 wantbabynow

wantbabynow
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:05 AM

there is nothing you can do. i ate a pineapple this time, and it didnt work. my REI doc says that acupuncture does not work. prayers do not work either. the only advice my REI doc gave me was not to drink alcohol (i dont drink alcohol anyway). 

age- low 30s, unexplained infertility, all workup normal

TTC= more than a year

IUIs x 3= BFN, BFN, BFN

IVF #1

-Fresh transfer= BFN

-FET #1= BFN

-FET #2= BFP, early miscarriage

#8 anniebrown

anniebrown
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

Try acupuncture, I have a few ivf friends that swear by it. So we did it twice abweek for 6 weeks leading up to (and all through ivf) our transfer and it took first try. We also got really good embryo results (or so i think lol).
I am 30 weeks and I still go.

I will try acupuncture and thanks.

#9 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

Wantababynow...being positive helps. My RE actually beleives in acupuncture and he is trained and will perform it on patients after a transfer if wanted. I did it 6 weeks leading up to ivf and it does help with blood flow to the uterus, stress etc. I mean , wht not just try it? The period I had with acupuncture was way different than any other period ive ever had so to ke if did prove what they were saying. Anniebrown..where i am we have an acupuncture clinic that specializes in infertility, hopefully you can find the same. Good luck!

#10 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

Wantababynow...being positive helps. My RE actually beleives in acupuncture and he is trained and will perform it on patients after a transfer if wanted. I did it 6 weeks leading up to ivf and it does help with blood flow to the uterus, stress etc. I mean , wht not just try it? The period I had with acupuncture was way different than any other period ive ever had so to ke if did prove what they were saying. Anniebrown..where i am we have an acupuncture clinic that specializes in infertility, hopefully you can find the same. Good luck!

#11 anniebrown

anniebrown
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

I am in Hong Kong so some very good Chinese acupuncture over here. I had a very regular period after I tried acupuncture before which was very good. But I didnt do acupuncture before ir after my first ivf implantation tried.

#12 anniebrown

anniebrown
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Any new suggestion? Thanks.

#13 anniebrown

anniebrown
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

I found a very good one for acupuncture, and did it for around 3 months before 2nd implantation tried. My 2nd implantation should be better than first one just somehow my body rejected it. Thanks for suggestion and I would try the whole IVF process again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: implantation