• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kgrosland

kgrosland
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

I have been having acupuncture treatments over the last year for 3-4 months at a time where i have gone from 2x/week to 1x every two weeks. Every time I see an acupuncturist, I have gotten my period almost immediately afterwards. To the point where I have had my period every 10 days with extremely heavy bleeding and sometimes a bit of clotting- but mostly just really heavy bleeding. I took a small break and then switched acupuncturists and had the same issue again to the point where I had to stop acupuncture all together. Both acupuncturists told me something was wrong with me and to see a gynecologists but the doctors I have seen have repeatedly said my body just doesn't like acupuncture so I have been left at a standstill and am afraid to go back to the acupuncturist as bleeding at this level is not sustainable for me. I would love some feedback. Not only was I getting my periods every 10 days but I also became exhausted for several months and had a hard time functioning.

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 736 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

I am not sure why this would happen but maybe it does have something to do with the acupuncture, especially if you are doing it for fertility purposes. I too had a bad experience with acupuncture. I did it in 2015 after three miscarriages in a row. It did help to get me pregnant, I do believe. After about the sixth session, I started to feel very dizzy and nauseous after my session. It was to the point where I had to lay down because I felt I was going to pass out. My acupuncturist could not explain why I was having this reaction, nor good my clinic. I eventually did stop going. I think it varies from individual to individual and sometimes people have different reactions to things. This could be what is happening to you, especially if your doctor is not finding anything wrong.