Your advice / with 2 unsuccessfull IVFat OFC - Clinics - General - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Your advice / with 2 unsuccessfull IVFat OFC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vinita

vinita
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

After 2 years with not much success at  my current clinic ( Ottawa fertility center , im looking at getting consults at a few other clinics in Canada to see if there are other options for us .

I would really appreciate any advice that you can give me .

im 41 years old , with 2 unsuccessful IVF . 

Thanks for your help .

#2 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

HI Vinita,

I am also from Ottawa but work with Create in Toronto.  Create is willing to do phone or Skype appointments with clients who don't live in the area. It makes it much easier then having to go to the clinic every time to talk.

iDream

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do

#3 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

We used to be at OFC and did second opinions at a few clinics before deciding on Hannam Fertility. Feel free to pm.

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

#4 Elizabeth22

Elizabeth22
  • Global 100+
  • 583 posts
  • Dx:Immunological

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

I second Idream's suggestion of create 

#5 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 598 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

I left OFC after two unsuccessful IVF cycles. I switched to the Hannam Fertility Centre specifically under the care of Dr. Hannam. It's been a very long road for us, but Dr. Hannam never gave up on us despite all the challenges and setbacks we experienced. I'm now 25 weeks pregnant with twins and I owe it all to Dr. Hannam's ability to troubleshoot and persevere. I seriously get emotional when I think about that man!
  • vinita likes this

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#6 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

I left OFC after two unsuccessful IVF cycles. I switched to the Hannam Fertility Centre specifically under the care of Dr. Hannam. It's been a very long road for us, but Dr. Hannam never gave up on us despite all the challenges and setbacks we experienced. I'm now 25 weeks pregnant with twins and I owe it all to Dr. Hannam's ability to troubleshoot and persevere. I seriously get emotional when I think about that man!

I am glad I am not the only one who gets emotional thinking about Dr. Hannam! Unfortunately for us our prognosis is so poor with continued treatment that we are moving onto donor embryos. Hannam worked so hard to figure out what OFC had missed and we were able to finally get a complete diagnosis which has given us peace moving forwards. I have spent more time crying in the last week about the fact that Hannam may not be able to do our donor embryo FET then I have about the fact that we will never have a biological child. He is such an amazing person and Dr.
  • Graceland and vinita like this

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

#7 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 598 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

Abrianna, I totally understand. I struggled with my RE at OFC so it was so wonderful to connect with Dr. Hannam. He still sends me emails and checks in on us. :)

Is there a reason you can't pursue a donor FET through his clinic?

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#8 vinita

vinita
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Thank you so much all , what does it take to get a transfer ?

#9 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

Abrianna, I totally understand. I struggled with my RE at OFC so it was so wonderful to connect with Dr. Hannam. He still sends me emails and checks in on us. :)

Is there a reason you can't pursue a donor FET through his clinic?

So we have donor embryos from a couple that are frozen at OFC. Hannam can't do donor embryo transfers right now as CCRM legal won't allow it. That being said if we can convince OFC to ship the embryos in our name he will do them as he said that way no one but him and his team will know where they came from. I will be shocked if OFC will cooperate but really hope it works. If not it looks like we will be transferring them with Virro in Markham. Either way Hannam wants us to stay in touch via email.

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:

#10 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Thank you so much all , what does it take to get a transfer ?

Depends on which clinic you are want to go to. Some require a referral and others you can self refer. Hannam you can just email them and they will book you in with the Dr of your choice. We considered at Create Dr. Baratz and Dr. Virro at Markham as well who both need referrals. I just had my Family Dr do the referrals. OFC will send you an electronic copy of your chart that u can just forward to clinics. Most Toronto clinics will do phone consults if you don't want to make the drive. If you have any other specific questions just pm me. Although we didn't have success with Hannam I am so thankful we left OFC and got a second opinion. We learned more with a single cycle at Hannam then we did with 2 IUI and 2 IVF at Hannam. Weirdly enough when we switched to Hannam my husband's sperm counts went from 5-7 mil/ml to 12-15 mil/ml. Really makes me wonder about OFC lab quality.

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:

#11 Noivf

Noivf
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

Aha, I found another thread having all girls left OFC. So happy!

I had 3 iui 3 ivf. 1 miscarriage from 1st ivf, failed second ivf and natural preganent the month after but baby diagnosed with Dows so I had abortion, 3rd time is ectopic. No frozen embryo. Too much to went through in the past 3 years. I should had switch another clinic long time ago but I kept telling myself to trust OFC though I don't feel happy with the RE I have from day 1.

I just had the initial appointment with Hannam last month, most things went well. They coordinated our time in Toronto and arranged some ultrasound and blood test and sperm test right after my first visit, so we don't have to go back again just for those tests. (Of course it's Also because my period was in the right time so they could do the ultrasound. ) Staff there are nice and coordinate all arrangements efficiently. The clinic is also bright and clean which I like.

So far only one thing make me feel bit worry, on my ultrasound report I saw the results saying two tubes are open, but I only have one tube left now. It's not big issue for an ivf. But it make me think if they could make mistakes in other things.

Happy new year and best best wishes to every girls here. We will all success this year:-)