5 replies to this topic

#1 Amsicle

Amsicle
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Calgary regional fertility centre

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Hello fellow PCRM users,

I started with PCRM in June and I have overall been disappointed with my experience. I am not ovulating reason still to be determined - I have done two unsuccessful rounds with leterozal. I don't find they are prompt with reviewing blood work - one of the rounds I should have never started given my blood work going in. Also, I had previously been working with the Calgary fertility clinic and they have still not reviewed any of my testing from that time. Including sonohystogram, bloodwork etc. I feel like I am being put through procedures etc that don't match my symptoms or observations. Anyone else experience this, I am quickly trying to educate myself to be able to challenge but I don't find the Drs very responsive to challenge. Help!

#2 Kulixz

Kulixz
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmonton

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

Hi,
I started last Sept. Will be doing my 1st IUI with letrazole this month. Any updates?

#3 Amsicle

Amsicle
  • 15 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary regional fertility centre

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hi Kulixz, um not much of a change. For example they called me to put me on synthroid for hypothyroid but Ive been on it for two years and something we discussed during my initial interview. They just arent very thorough and I dont feel they are doing anything to figure out the cause of my infertility, its just check marks of a process whether it makes sense or not. :) I hope you have a better experience

#4 Kulixz

Kulixz
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:50 AM

With us they did not inform us that another doctor with be taking over our case. I just found out on my 2nd appoinment that they changed our doctor. Then on our 3rd appoinment our new Dr told me that my hsg exam was good and everthing is okay. Then I was confused because the dr who did my hsg told me that 1 of my tubes is blocked. The Dr had to go back on file and rechecked my results and read it infront of us, which turned out I was right. If the hsg dr did not tell me about my result during the procedure I could end up misdiagnosed because our current dr did not pay attention to my result.😱😢😭

#5 jiro27

jiro27
  • 10 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

Hi ladies. I agree with you Amsicle. I don't think they review our charts ahead of time. In my case, I feel they did not do all the fertility work up before doing our 3 IUI's. I was telling Kulixz here about my experience with PCRM on another thread. Anyway long story short, now I am waiting for hysteroscopy because they found a polyp when we did our 3rd cylce IUI. The doctors I have seen so far were Dr. Hilton, Dr. Seethram, Dr. Ahn & Dr. Smithson. 

#6 Kulixz

Kulixz
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

Hi ladies,
Im a bit worried. I have spotting since the day I had sa LH surge until post IUI. 4dpiui. Did you have spotting also? snd for how long?😱😢