Hi - First Time Posting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:41 PM

Hi :flowers:

This is my first posting on this site, I have to admit that I've been lurking for awhile but I thought today would be a good day for my first post.

My husband and I have been married for five years and have been TTC for about four of those years. Our first IVF last July was a BFN. We are now just starting our 2nd cycle. I started sniffing on Sunday February 20th, my first appointment at the clinic (AART in Halifax) is Friday March 4th for down regulation.

I have found this site to be very very helpful and it's obvious everyone is very supportive to one another. That's what kept me coming back to this site almost daily to check the posts. IVF is such a rollercoaster ride, it's nice to be able to share your feelings with others and ask questions - as silly as one may think the question is. My husband and I are like others I have read about on this site - we haven't told many friends that we are doing this. We've told our family and a few at work, so it's nice to be able to come to this site and talk with others.

So just curious, anybody else on the same schedule as me?

Thanks
Dina :D

PS This is my first time posting so I hope I did it right!!!!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:55 PM

Welcome Dina!

I'm not currently doing IVF, because I got a BFP back in December, but I like to keep up on what everyone is doing. Good luck with your cycle & enjoy this site... i couldn't imagine going through IVF without the support I got from the girls on here.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:52 PM

Hi Dina,
Welcome!
I am starting sniffing on February 25, 2005. How is that going for you?

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:20 AM

Welcome Dina :D :D :D

Is the sniffing for suppression ?

I had to take Lucrin injectons to suppress for 3 weeks and then both Lucrin and Puregon injections to stimulate for another 10 days.

cheers,
Flo-Jo

#5 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:33 AM

Welcome Dina,

I won't be cycling with you, I start up again in April, but I just wanted to welcome you and tell you good luck!

All the best and nice to have you here!!

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1037 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:01 AM

Welcome Dina,
I hope your stay with us is pleasant but short!! I am with Kris, I am not cycling as I got a BFP back in Oct!! But you will see I am lurking around. I still can't seem to stay away from my friends here!!
I hope you have a great and very successful cycle this time around!! Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to. The girls here are wonderful and a wonderful sounding board for no matter what/how you are feeling!!
Kat :wub:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:37 PM

Congratulations Kat and Kris on your BFP :thumbup: I have to ask, did you ladies listen to any of those stories out there for what to do during or after an IVF cycle? For example, I've heard that eating pineapple (or is it only the pineapple core) after the transfer is supposed to help with implantation? And what is it they say about Aspirin? Did you gals take any or much time off work after your transfer? Just curious, you hear so many stories of things you should and shouldn't do. I started accupuncture back in October so hoping that may help with this cycle.

FloJo, yes I'm currently taking Suprefact (nasal spray) for suppression. Five times a day until at least March 4th. That is the day of my appointment for down regulation so hope all is quiet and I can start Gonal F. So far I haven't experienced any side effects with the Suprefact, hope it stays that way. Last time I found I was very tired and had lots of headaches. Oh well, small price to pay if things work out!

To all the others, thank you for the welcome and hope to chat with you again.

Dina :wavey: