• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#51 sarah_someday

sarah_someday
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Seattle Reproductive Medicine

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

Hi guys - I am nervously awaiting Tuesdays beta, as we have made it past a first beta before only to get bad news on the second beta! I actually wake up every morning and announce to my partner than I am no longer pregnant because I didn't wake up to pee in the night

Some coworkers knew that I was going for our last transfer - so when I received the good news it spread like wild fire at work ( I'm pretty much an open book) but found myself saying all day- we've been to this stage before so please keep your fingers crossed!

What was bothersome was that a coworker wrote on Facebook tagging both me and josh saying congratulations on your pregnancy.... like Josh's family didn't even know we were doing this... it wasn't her news to share and at 4 weeks it is definitely not the time!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me on Tuesday - relieved to hear a high initial beta lead to a singleton!!

Yikes!!! I have a handful of friends that know we transferred... because I'm also an open book. We've warned them we wouldn't be letting them know right away, but I have a feeling I won't be able to wait for some of them. BUT WOW, I can't believe they posted it on Facebook! Did you ask them to remove it?

#52 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:RBA - GA

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

babygirl.gif May Due Datesbabyboy.gif

5/2 – Pandora89
5/10 – LBC
5/12 - sarah.steve
5/18 - Bay Area Single Man
5/21 - PaulaandPortia
5/26 - B3Hopeful
5/26 - Kalishbabyboy.gif 
5/26 - Guida
5/27 - NanaDeb
5/27 - RebeccaG
5/29 - Kke1988
5/30 - Happy Days
6/3 - sarah_someday

1st FET (2015)

August 12th - egg retrieval. 16 fertilized at 5 day blastocyst)
Oct. 22nd - embryo transfer (2 embies transferred, 14 left in the freezer)
Nov. 2nd- th_abfp.gif 1st beta 589 (11dpt)
Delivered a baby girl 7/4/16

2nd FET (2017)

6/30 - transfer scheduled

7/10 - 1st beta check BFN

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled
9/18 - th_abfp.gif 1st beta 584 (11dpt)

Due date 5/24 babygirl.gif

#53 PaulaandPortia

PaulaandPortia
  • 43 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Fertility Asso

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:42 PM

Hi and welcome to the ladies who swapped from the other May forum and hi to everyone else just coming over from our tww forum.

It's early days for all of us, and no-one here has probably had an easy time of it, but take every step as the next milestone I say.

Feeling queasy most days now, and tired. Not that im complaining because as we all know this means I'm still pregnant so its strangely comforting. I switched to decaf before my fet but now I can't stomach any coffee. For some reason I just want avocado on Vogel toast, just as well they are coming into season here, and apples, which is weird for me cause I never normally eat apples unless they have been stewed or in a pie lol

My last pregnancy I was not queasy at all just tired. Until around 10 wks.

Fingers crossed for us all getting through another week!
  • RebeccaG, Bay Area Single Man and sarah_someday like this
🐕PaulaC

#54 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:59 PM

Hi and welcome to the ladies who swapped from the other May forum and hi to everyone else just coming over from our tww forum.

It's early days for all of us, and no-one here has probably had an easy time of it, but take every step as the next milestone I say.

Feeling queasy most days now, and tired. Not that im complaining because as we all know this means I'm still pregnant so its strangely comforting. I switched to decaf before my fet but now I can't stomach any coffee. For some reason I just want avocado on Vogel toast, just as well they are coming into season here, and apples, which is weird for me cause I never normally eat apples unless they have been stewed or in a pie lol

My last pregnancy I was not queasy at all just tired. Until around 10 wks.

Fingers crossed for us all getting through another week!

Well said.. Totally agree. I plan on enjoying every minute of this. Though the nausea isn't exactly fun it's comforting to know a life is growing inside of me.
  • Bay Area Single Man likes this

1st FET (2015)

2nd FET (2017)

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled

#55 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

The DH has been wanting another child since about 3 months after our daughter was born. He has always wanted a large family and more specifically a team of boys. Last night we were discussing if we should find out the sex of the baby and we can't agree. I want to know because I am a planner and want to shop. He doesn't want to know because if it's a another girl he is going to be disappointed. Can you believe him!!! What happened to just wanting a healthy baby.
So today I tell him he sucked (in different words) for saying that last night. He apologized and said he was joking but I know he wasn't. Maybe it's all the hormones but I'm still upset over his comment. He totally acts like all of this is easy. What I wouldn't give to give him shots in the butt every night.

1st FET (2015)

2nd FET (2017)

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled

#56 RebeccaG

RebeccaG
  • Global 100+
  • 346 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

Hi guys - I am nervously awaiting Tuesdays beta, as we have made it past a first beta before only to get bad news on the second beta! I actually wake up every morning and announce to my partner than I am no longer pregnant because I didn't wake up to pee in the night

Some coworkers knew that I was going for our last transfer - so when I received the good news it spread like wild fire at work ( I'm pretty much an open book) but found myself saying all day- we've been to this stage before so please keep your fingers crossed!

What was bothersome was that a coworker wrote on Facebook tagging both me and josh saying congratulations on your pregnancy.... like Josh's family didn't even know we were doing this... it wasn't her news to share and at 4 weeks it is definitely not the time!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me on Tuesday - relieved to hear a high initial beta lead to a singleton!!

Yikes!!! I have a handful of friends that know we transferred... because I'm also an open book. We've warned them we wouldn't be letting them know right away, but I have a feeling I won't be able to wait for some of them. BUT WOW, I can't believe they posted it on Facebook! Did you ask them to remove it?

Within minutes I had asked her to remove it - it received a few likes...but I don't think a lot of damage was done - I was just shocked!

• sarah_someday likes this

Sep 15, 2016 First IVF 1 embryo - 2 frozen

Sep 30, 2016 - Positive HCG preganancy test

Oct 5, 2016 -  HCG dropped embryo will not last

Oct 19, 2016 - Request to see endocrinologist

Oct 24, 2016 - Beginning Hashimoto Thyroiditis diet 

Nov 30, 2016 - Blood test to determine if diet helped

Nov 2016 - RE visit

Dec 5, 2016 - RESULTS Hashimotos Diet - for the first time in 10 years I need to lower my Thyroid medicine!!  The diet is working!

Jan 4, 2017 - Meeting with Conceptia - getting ready for FET.  Apparently we have 3 embryos left 2 - 4BB and 1 - 5BB.  Preparing to put one in (hopefully in March) waiting on thyroid testing.

Jan 31, 2017 Started BC - FET scheduled for March 14 

March 14, 2017 - FET!! put in a 5bb
March 24, 2017 - blood work for pregnancy test

March 24, 2017 - BFN

March 27, 2017 - Bloodwork - genetic testing for me and Josh

April 19, 2017 Blood test results show nothing

April 25, 2017 - Starting my Hashimoto diet again

May 15, 2017 - 2 Polyps removed sent for biopsy and lining biopsy

June 30, 2017 - Biopsy indicates uterus inflammation - will treat for next FET

September 8, 2017 - FET FINAL 2 EMBRYOS

Additional IM Progesterone this round

Sep 20, 2017  - Beta test - 940 th_abfp.gif

2 embryos implanted, 1 developed into a fetus (heart is full)

DUE DATE: MAY 26, 2018 preggo.gif  

Jan 6, 2018 - babyboy.gif  It's a boy

#57 RebeccaG

RebeccaG
  • Global 100+
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

The DH has been wanting another child since about 3 months after our daughter was born. He has always wanted a large family and more specifically a team of boys. Last night we were discussing if we should find out the sex of the baby and we can't agree. I want to know because I am a planner and want to shop. He doesn't want to know because if it's a another girl he is going to be disappointed. Can you believe him!!! What happened to just wanting a healthy baby.
So today I tell him he sucked (in different words) for saying that last night. He apologized and said he was joking but I know he wasn't. Maybe it's all the hormones but I'm still upset over his comment. He totally acts like all of this is easy. What I wouldn't give to give him shots in the butt every night.

I would totally be annoyed too - I know when we received  the high beta number J was like "And you wanted to put 2 in?"....umm you agreed and signed the papers?  I waited a few days and told him you just need to be happy that we get what we get!

• B3Hopeful likes this

Nov 2016 - RE visit

Dec 5, 2016 - RESULTS Hashimotos Diet - for the first time in 10 years I need to lower my Thyroid medicine!!  The diet is working!

Jan 4, 2017 - Meeting with Conceptia - getting ready for FET.  Apparently we have 3 embryos left 2 - 4BB and 1 - 5BB.  Preparing to put one in (hopefully in March) waiting on thyroid testing.

March 24, 2017 - BFN

#58 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:23 AM

I would totally be annoyed too - I know when we received  the high beta number J was like "And you wanted to put 2 in?"....umm you agreed and signed the papers?  I waited a few days and told him you just need to be happy that we get what we get!

Thanks RebeccaG. That is what are last conversation was about. I just reminded him to be thankful and to remember how we felt two years ago when we thought children weren't possible.

Glad you got the facebook posted removed. Must have been really chocking to see. I am sure they meant no harm but its always best to use caution when posting on media sites.  

1st FET (2015)

2nd FET (2017)

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled

#59 Bay Area Single Man

Bay Area Single Man
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts
  • My Clinic:ORM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

RebeccaG - I would be furious with coworkers if they posted something as private as that on social media, you did well to keep your calm

#60 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

B3Hopeful - I would be furious if my H said something like that.

I told my parents we were pregnant but begged my dad not to tell anyone. We haven't told other people except our immediately family (parents and siblings) and our BFFs. I found out yesterday that my dad had told the brother he is closest to 2 days after I had told my dad. I am slightly annoyed but trying not to be because I know my dad was just extremely excited. Argh.

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#61 LBC

LBC
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Olive FC

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome to all the new people joining this group smile.png

BASM - thanks for the kind words re: me being a bit disappointed  in the first US showing a singleton. Hubby and I have happily moved past the disappointment we felt originally. 

AFM - I have a follow up 7 +5 day US tomorrow at the clinic regarding some concern over where the embryo implanted. There was mention of some 'shadowing' and 'embryo off to the far corner' with the original 6 +6 week scan I had last week. The clinic doctor had 'some concerns' and tried to have another doc come into rescan me that day, however, no one was available and she thought coming back a week from then would show more. Crossing my fingers all will be okay when they look again inside the uterus. Providing all is well, I suspect I will have one more US with the clinic at the 8+ wk mark and then graduate to an OB appointment. I'm lucky to be seeing an OB that I work with, I feel like the transition will be super smooth.

I hope everyone is doing well. Well wishes to everyone on their bloodwork and scans this week. I will update more after tomorrow's US wink.png

• B3Hopeful likes this

#62 Bay Area Single Man

Bay Area Single Man
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

I had 6w3d scan today, they were able to hear the heartbeat and it was 125bpm so obviously I am delighted. All going well we will have next scan on Oct 16 and if its okay we will graduate to regular OBGYN at that stage

#63 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

Bay Area Single Man - That's great! Nice strong number. Things are really moving along. How exciting!!! Hope.. I'm not being to invasive but will you get to go any OBGYN appointments? 

1st FET (2015)

2nd FET (2017)

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled

#64 Bay Area Single Man

Bay Area Single Man
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

B3Hopeful- you are not at all being invasive if I felt that for one minute I would not reply! I hope to attend in person the 12 week scan. I was able to see the scan today via Skype, after the clinic sent me a video clip of the heartbeat recording and a few snapshot photos of the scan also via e-mail. My GS is happy for me to attend as many clinic appointments as I want and all going well to be present during the delivery. We both want to have a friendly connection during this journey. We are also both realistic that after the birth we will probably only end up having limited contact and do not want to become dependent on each other. My GS has agreed that if my child wants to meet her in years to come she will be happy to arrange same. I guess its hard to explain if I am honest but right now myself and the GS are very comfortable with each other and I hope it continues. You have to have a lot of trust in each other and I do not want to come across as micro managing her while she is minding and carrying my baby for 9 months!

• Happy Days likes this

#65 sarah.steve

sarah.steve
  • 72 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

Great news on your ultrasound BayArea, nice strong heartbeat!

#66 PaulaandPortia

PaulaandPortia
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:49 AM

B3Hopeful- you are not at all being invasive if I felt that for one minute I would not reply! I hope to attend in person the 12 week scan. I was able to see the scan today via Skype, after the clinic sent me a video clip of the heartbeat recording and a few snapshot photos of the scan also via e-mail. My GS is happy for me to attend as many clinic appointments as I want and all going well to be present during the delivery. We both want to have a friendly connection during this journey. We are also both realistic that after the birth we will probably only end up having limited contact and do not want to become dependent on each other. My GS has agreed that if my child wants to meet her in years to come she will be happy to arrange same. I guess its hard to explain if I am honest but right now myself and the GS are very comfortable with each other and I hope it continues. You have to have a lot of trust in each other and I do not want to come across as micro managing her while she is minding and carrying my baby for 9 months!

🐕PaulaC

#67 PaulaandPortia

PaulaandPortia
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:01 AM

@BASM I totally understand you wouldn't want to smother her but if I were a surrogate I would completely understand you would want to know everything you could to feel the bond towards the baby, and if she is the type to be a surrogate she must be very understanding person indeed!

I have a friend that is the donor of my baby, and had some days where I do worry what it will be like when she first sees the baby, what will she feel, how will she react, will it feel awkward, all that.

She mentioned she wanted to be a donor around five years ago to me, and I remembered that conversation during a counseling appointment discussing donor eggs as an option, and so I called her, left a message, she rang straight back and from then was very active in getting it done, organising appointments, pushing for things to get done sooner with the clinic protocols having a stand down period etc. She has never regretted her decision and even came to the fet with me.

Even so until it's happened and we've been through it no-one can know how things will be.

She has expressed wanting to be a donor again, for another couple which gives me relief, as that tells me she is really invested in being a donor, and not just in helping because im her friend.

In very blessed she said yes otherwise my husband wouldn't be getting a second child and my daughter wouldn't be getting a sibling!

I guess my fears are rational, what does everyone think?
🐕PaulaC

#68 Happy Days

Happy Days
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:IVF Australia

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:17 AM

Bay Area Single Man, I agree with PaulaC. I'd even think if I was a surrogate it's possible I'd be surprised if you didn't want to be at every appointment. I guess you could talk to her and find out where she stands? You sound very supportive & respectful & I'm sure she would appreciate the chat.

PaulaC, what an amazing gift & lovely friend. Does she have kids already? I have met a few donors and they have usually been very close to the recipient. The few i have met (i work in a fertility clinic) have finished their families and want to genuinely help someone they truly respect.

#69 Happy Days

Happy Days
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:IVF Australia

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:21 AM

Yay 2nd beta for me 2100! Another bridge crossed, next step scan in 2 weeks. Now to think of how I will stay distracted. No point in giving it to much thought. Pfft who am I kidding super excited but trying not to be :)
  • B3Hopeful and Bay Area Single Man like this

#70 RebeccaG

RebeccaG
  • Global 100+
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:37 AM

2nd Beta 4000 - feeling relieved!!

• B3Hopeful and Bay Area Single Man like this

Nov 2016 - RE visit

March 24, 2017 - BFN

#71 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:44 AM

It really nice to be going through this journey with you all. I love reading the form and seeing that I am not only going feeling that way or thinking these things. 

Hope everyone is having an awesome week so far.

AFM - I started thinking about baby names.  

1st FET (2015)

2nd FET (2017)

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled

#72 B3Hopeful

B3Hopeful
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:45 AM

2nd Beta 4000 - feeling relieved!!

How many days apart were your beta test? Your numbers look like it could be 2.

1st FET (2015)

2nd FET (2017)

3rd FET (2017)

9/7 - transfer scheduled

#73 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

I had some weird back pains and front/hip/side pains yesterday, it was really weird. Uncomfortable to sit down even. The doctor had me come in for a quick ultrasound and everything looked fine.

I think it is just round ligament pain but I am relieved that I got some reassurance. I feel like I have PTSD after all of this. Even my RE commented on how everything is progressing wonderfully and even when he is telling me everything is perfect, I am looking for something to go wrong.

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#74 Bay Area Single Man

Bay Area Single Man
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

Pandora89 - I think many of us here are being cautiously optimistic and are worrying constantly about each and every next step, so what you describe I think is natural. Also the pains you are describing seem like pregnancy pains and your body adjusting itself for the next few months! I have heard the progesterone if you are on any form of it can cause hip pains, not sure if its a listed side effect. But my sister had to take progesterone pessaries for both her successful pregnancies and she said the hip pain when she was on them almost became unbearable. She had 3 miscarriages prior to having her two children, she said the pain continued until the end of her first trimester when she came of the supplementary progesterone!  Of course and I know you will agree she said the pain/discomfort was all so worth it in the end!!

#75 Bay Area Single Man

Bay Area Single Man
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

PaulaandPortia - my surrogate is an angel in my eyes and she is very good at keeping me up to date. She is a 9 hour drive from where I live or a 2 hour flight so this has some limitations on my ability to be at every appointment in person.

I can understand you worries about what will happen when your baby arrives, especially also because of your close friendship. She sounds like a very good person and I agree the fact that she wants to be an egg donor again seems like a positive sign. It sounds like she has holistic qualities to her personality and she is comfortable with what she is doing and wants to help others become parents.

A huge concern of mine at the start was what if she wants to keep my baby when it is born. I was shocked to learn that for many surrogates their biggest fear is that the intended parents will not want to keep their baby after it is born and this was true for my surrogate also at the start. I am guessing it will be awkward for all parties involved when baby does arrive, there will be a mix of emotions, joy, excitement, fear of the unknown and even sadness.