Fluid in endometrial canal before FET? - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fluid in endometrial canal before FET?

fluid FET lining

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Janni_bee

Janni_bee
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

Hi! 

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. At my lining check, they mentioned a little bit of fluid within the endometrial lining, today the fluid seems a bit more even though I started progesterone yesterday. Has anyone had a successful FET and had this prior???   I came across a study that said fluid even if it reabsorbed prior to the transfer date significantly reduces FET success. I'm freaking out, not sure if I should pump the breaks on this cycle or not. 

TIA

TTC since July 2013 Me 31 Dx: Endometriosis,DH 30 Male factor, 0% Morphology  

Aug/Sept 2014 : IVF + ICSI Antagonist Protocol: Puregon, Repronex, Orgalutron Sept 2014: 10 eggs retrieved (7 mature, 3 immature)           

7 mature eggs ICSI'd, 5 fertilized, 3 immature eggs matured overnight, but never successfully fertilized via conventional IVF

4 great quality embryos frozen on day3

Nov 25, 2014  FET One 18 grade 9 cell embryo transfered-Beta Dec 8thth_abfp.gif

Perfect little girl born Aug 11th  Emoticons09710.gif

Trying for #2!

FET Sept 9th/2016 (Same protocol as FET#1 ..MINUS dexamethasone)
Beta #1 Sept 21 sad.pngth_abfn.gif 
FET #3 Trying again October 21 (No suppression as they felt it was still active from the last FET..no dexamethasone) 

Beta - th_abfn.gif

FET#4 Scheduled for Jan 2017 - Same protocol w/dexamethasone...CANCELLED, breakthrough bleeding, poor lining. 

FET#5 March2017, super natural cycleth_abfn.gif(chemical faint positves at home, then negative beta by the time we got there)

IVF#2 June 2017-Pre treatment with Androgel, Antagonist Protocol. 6 mature eggs ICSI'd. 5 fertilized resulting in 3 GR1 5-day blast and 1 GR3 6 day Blast. (gr 1-best on a scale of 5)  Fresh Transfer of 1 top grade blast ....th_abfn.gif

FET#6 Sept 12th- CANCELLED, fluid within lining.

FET#7 Oct 7th - Natural Cycle- Transferred one Gr1 hatching blast, Chemical 

#2 EmilyV.RN

EmilyV.RN
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Newlife Fertility

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

I had a cycle cancelled because of fluid. For me it was caused by estrogen. I haven't taken estrogen since that cycle and I haven't had any fluid.

Sorry you are going through this. Nothing in this process seems to be easy, and it is expensive sometimes feels like a race through a very delicate obstacle course!

#3 hamiltwin

hamiltwin
  • Global 100+
  • 376 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam...previously at OFC

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

I had fluid in my lining prior to my last FET. I was told to start progesterone regardless. I had an ultrasound the day before my scheduled transfer to ensure the fluid was gone and sure enough it was. I transferred my last 2 blasts and ended up having twins! Talk to your doctor to see what is best for you. Every case is different and I would hate for you to "waste" embryos transferring under suboptimal conditions. Best of luck!

For full details on our IF journey, see my About Me page.

Summary:

Secondary infertility due to Mosaic Triple X syndrome, endometriosis and teratospermia.

IVF#1 (Sept 2013) with fresh transfer: BFN.

IVF#2 (March 2014) converted to IUI due to poor response: BFN

IVF#2.1 (October 2014): freeze-all due to PGS. 2 euploid blastocysts, 2 "no results".

FET#1 (December 2014): chemical pregnancy.

FET#2 (March 2015): BFN. No more euploid blasts. sad.png

FET#3 (Nov 2015): after many cancelled cycles we finally transferred our last 2 "no result" blasts. hcg 329 at 9pd5dt th_abfp.gif

July 8, 2016: Our precious girls were born at 37 weeks gestational age! babygirl.gifbabygirl.gif

#4 Janni_bee

Janni_bee
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:33 PM

Thank you EmilyVRn and Hamiltwin! I think it's the Estrogen that's doing it to me too and I just started progesterone so hopefully it clears up soon. My RE added an ultrasound the morning of the embryo transfer before they actually thaw the embryos and the decision will be made then. In the meantime they told me to take some sudafed and hopefully that will help clear it up. There's a lot of literature out there, some say that the fluid can be toxic and regardless if it disappears or not the fact that it was present reduces chance of success... But then I read elsewhere that that's only the case when the fluid build up is due to hydro's alpine which I don't have. One RE stated he sees it commonly with women who have had c sections(which I have had) it just makes me so unsure of this cycle. Do I want to use a precious embryo or not? Each of my protocols last foe reverse though! I've been on this one since June!

Aug/Sept 2014 : IVF + ICSI Antagonist Protocol: Puregon, Repronex, Orgalutron Sept 2014: 10 eggs retrieved (7 mature, 3 immature)           

7 mature eggs ICSI'd, 5 fertilized, 3 immature eggs matured overnight, but never successfully fertilized via conventional IVF

Trying for #2!

FET #3 Trying again October 21 (No suppression as they felt it was still active from the last FET..no dexamethasone) 

Beta - th_abfn.gif

FET#4 Scheduled for Jan 2017 - Same protocol w/dexamethasone...CANCELLED, breakthrough bleeding, poor lining. 

FET#5 March2017, super natural cycleth_abfn.gif(chemical faint positves at home, then negative beta by the time we got there)

IVF#2 June 2017-Pre treatment with Androgel, Antagonist Protocol. 6 mature eggs ICSI'd. 5 fertilized resulting in 3 GR1 5-day blast and 1 GR3 6 day Blast. (gr 1-best on a scale of 5)  Fresh Transfer of 1 top grade blast ....th_abfn.gif

#5 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Prev RFP now VFC:)

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

Hi Janny,

I empathize with you. It's s hard decision. I have had fluid issues a few times- also have c section and doctor thinks tissue around scar reacts with estrace when not opposed with progesterone. There's no right answer. I saw the same research you did and it scared me. In the past, I transferred twice with fluid cycles that went away by transfer. Both were bfns but only transferred one embryo each time. Most recently I cancelled cycle back in June due to fluid. Im on new protocol presently (super natural fet) using low dose fsh meds to instead of estrace to support lining and no fluid as of day 10. Since my c section I had fluid on all medicated fets but not my fresh cycles so hoping this is what works. I totally know what you mean re protecting your precious embryos but also how frustrating and defeating it feels to cancel cycles. Best of luck with your decision.
Currently 41, DH 46 - severe male factor, advanced maternal age, immune issues, uterine issues with TTC#2 following c section and miscarriage

TTC #1- 3 failed fresh cycles age 35-36 (one cancelled) and one successful FET at 37 (DS:)

TTC #2 - 2 fresh cycles at 39 and 40- one miscarriage and one failed (uterine infection after)
-3 failed FETs (2 with complication of uterine fluid but went away after progesterone)
-2 cancelled FETs (one due to uterine inflammation/infection after miscarriage and one due to uterine fluid)
-2 great quality frozen embryos left - one day 3 (at 39) and 1 day 6 blast (at 40) waiting for FET - have figured out the protocol to avoid complications and just hoping for my golden egg

It's so hard to wait around for something that may never be, but harder to let go when it's all you've ever wanted"

#6 Janni_bee

Janni_bee
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

Thanks so much for your experience ndo_inwaiting. We did end up cancelling the cycle. I was having major anxiety about it as is and today before the embryo was thawed we looked and there was still a tiny bit of fluid there which was enough for me! Dr also decided to do the same thing with the super natural FET protocol but no FSH so we will see. Was your lining just not thick enough without the FSH?

Trying for #2!

Beta - th_abfn.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fluid, FET, lining