Bromelain/wobenzym safety question - Ask the Naturopathic Physician - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bromelain/wobenzym safety question

Wobenzym Bromelain Implantation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Earthangel

Earthangel
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:GRS

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Hello! I'm so glad to have found this forum. I have a question about the safety of wobenzym for ttc. I've read the famous study about its ability to help prevent immune related miscarriages, which is very exciting. However, it contains bromelain, and all the conventional wisdom (admittedly not gathered from peer reviewed studies in this case!) advise against taking bromelain past 5-6dpo because it can cause uterine contractions, which are bad for implantation. So, is there a point at which wobenzym should be stopped so as not to interfere with implantation? Is the bromelain warning a myth, and it's really safe the entire cycle?

I am currently on CD8 of my 4th and final IUI post-miscarriage (got pregnant on 2nd IUI that time, but now having trouble), and want to make sure that I'm doing everything I can to prevent another loss without risking causing trouble with implantation, so I'm very confused about the role wobenzym will play. Hoping you can help me sort this out! Thank you!

#2 Earthangel

Earthangel
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:GRS

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Hi! Just bumping this post. My IUI is today, so I want to make sure to stop the enzymes in time if needed!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wobenzym, Bromelain, Implantation