What Are People Watching on Netflix/Streaming? - Inject Fun - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What Are People Watching on Netflix/Streaming?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 writegal416

writegal416
  • Global 100+
  • 422 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

For those of us who have it (and I guess it's quite a few of us), what have you been watching?  I've been focusing A LOT on non-English programming lately - I've seen Cable Girls (Spanish series (the first Netflix production from Spain, I believe) on switchboard operators in 1920s Madrid) and am currently finishing Atelier, a Japanese Netflix-exclusive about working in a made-to-measure lingerie company.  If you liked The Devil Wears Prada, you'll like Atelier (the CEO of the company gives off a VERY Miranda Priestly/Anna Wintour-like vibe). 

I also saw Daughters of Destiny a four part documentary series on a boarding school in India catering to the poorest of poor children (mostly from the caste formerly known as the "untouchables.").  It's a little sad - not only because of the living conditions of these kids' families, but because the children are sent to the school at a very, very young age.  This isn't your "typical" boarding school which takes kids in at the middle school or even high school levels (my high school alma mater starts offering boarding in Grade 7, but most kids come in for Grade 9, sometimes even 10 or later)).  The main reason for boarding at such a young age is because it allows them to concentrate on their academics full time, with full access to the available technology and without the distraction of poverty back home.  The kids all study for the two major Indian high school diplomas and are prepped to attend the country's top universities.  The school was founded by a businessman from India who emigrated to the US and felt the need to help people from his home country.  Though the series' title is Daughters of Destiny, the school itself is co-ed.

Advised Not to Get Pregnant: Circa 1994 or 1995 (I was FIFTEEN!!!)

Married: August 2010

Started Adoption Process:  January 2013

Started Researching Surrogacy: August 2016

Found Embryos: November 2016

Matched with Surrogate: April 2017, all adoption put on hold (never matched with a child)

Surrogate's First Transfer: July 2017 (one FET) - BFP, but m/c or chemical (unsure, since second beta rose more than 60%, but third beta dropped)

Surrogate's  Second Transfer: October 2017 (one FET) - BFN

Surrogate's Third Transfer: December 2017 (double transfer) - BFN

Moving on to donor eggs...

New donor embryos available!!! Trying with them

Surrogate's Fourth Transfer:  February 2018 - was to be a double transfer, but one did not survive thawing, so single transfer; First beta - 685!!!!!; Beta #2 - 1594!!!  eusa_dance.gif yahoo.gif

First ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 2 days): Heart rate of 154 bpm, measuring slightly behind (just under 7 weeks)

Second ultrasound (9 weeks, 1 day):  Heart rate of 170 bpm, measuring small (again) at a little under 9 weeks.  Basically, it is growing at a good pace, just small - UPDATE:  heart rate is 175 bpm according to an email from the clinic! 

Harmony tests show that we are low risk and we're Team babyboy.gif

#2 Thisismyyear

Thisismyyear
  • 63 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Olive fertility Centre

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

I heard Daughters of Destiny show is really good but didn't want to watch it because it  kind of looked sad and depressing.  I am trying to watch action or comedy to keep it light.  

I recently saw show called Friends from college.  It actually has an episode on IVF and trigger shot.  I am starting my first IVF next month so was kind of relate-able.  It is funny yet serious.

Have been trying since 2014

First consult with Dr. in Feb 2016.  AMH levels at 5.37 pmol in Feb 2016.  Dr. switched clinics and my file got lost in transition.

Second consult with the same Dr. at a different clinic in Sept 2016.

First IUI in Oct 2016 - BFN

Diagnosed with hypothyroidism and DOR in Oct 2016

HSG in Jan 2017 - all fine

Natural BFP in Mar 2017 but no heart beat detected at US. Had to induce miscarriage in May 2017.

Starting my first mini IVF in September....

Wishing everyone what their heart desires💕☺️😀