• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fingerscrossed_81

Fingerscrossed_81
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Had first cycle of IVF in June. I was on 150 of Menopur for 5 days as already known that I have lots of eggs from my previous ultrasounds for IUI. After 5 days follicles were smaller then expected (and estrodial was below 500) so doubled the Menopur. 12 eggs were retrieved and of them 6 were immature, 1 did not fertilize, 3 fertilized incorrectly (too many sperm) and 2 were good. Transferred both on day 3 but results were negative. Doctor made changes to this cycle in hopes for more embryos. I just finished first 5 days of stims - 150 of Menopur and 150 of Gonal F. Ultrasound today should 10-13 good size follicles on each side. Dr said I would likely hyperstim and have to do a frozen transfer (which is what we were originally told on our last cycle). He said based on ultrasound I would likely start cetrotide tonight but would hear back with blood work results to confirm. My estrodial levels came back at 7888 and I am continuing same dosage of Menupor and Gonal f and adding cetrodite for the next two days and then going back for another ultrasound. When I spoke to the nurse about the bloodwork results there seemed to be no concern about the estrodial levels but am wondering if I should be concerned that they are so high as I have read that some people have had there cycles cancelled due to high levels. (Uterine lining approximately 7 mm and 10-13 follicles on each side between 10-14 mm Dr wants to wait till they are between 18-20 to trigger me since last time many of my follicles did not have mature eggs after the retrieval)

#2 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 325 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Depends on the clinic, but certainly with higher estradiol levels the risks are higher of hyperstimulation. If you are freezing all the embryos then many doctors would take some extra liberties and shut the ovaries down afterwards. 

Most clinics will not cancel a cycle just with a high estradiol level unless there are other issues.

I hope this help.

Good luck!

• mouse likes this