- - - - -

What are you doing in Vancouver??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hey.... I figured that this might be a good way to share some of the info that all of us PCRMer's have gathered about Vancouver and area. We've been once and, unfortunately, will be going again. Last time we just ran out of stuff to do/see.... crazy to think that you can do that in such a nice part of the Country so..... Tell us what you did when you were there!!! Or don't........

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

O.K... so last time we were in Van. we stayed on the North Shore and we found this little restaurant called Bella Candela. If you are into Italian food you WILL LOVE this restaurant. Just a couple blocks up from Lonsdale Quay in North Van. Very good value.

#3 nikkib

nikkib
  • Cyclebase
  • 297 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

Hello! I think this is a great topic. Especially when you have lot's of time when you are there.
We stayed at the Accent Inn. We were happy with it. As for things we did...well first off we rented a car. It made traveling so much easier. We went down to Washington and went to the Outlet mall. They had lot's of stores and everything was so cheep! It took us all day to make our way down there and back, and lot's of shopping. We went to the Capiliano Suspension Bridge, drove up to Whistler one day (it is so beautiful there!), went to the Metro Town Mall (more shopping).
As for restaurants.....we had pizza from Popa Joe's. It was almost the best pizze I have ever had, and best of all they delivered. We also went to the Pink Pearl (Chinese food). I will never go back. Some people will probably like it, but I was grossed out with the squid in the chow mein I ordered.
We were there in February, so it wasn't the greatest weather. I would like to see everything again in the summer.

Take care!
N
Me, 29 DH 38
TTC - Lost count
IVF #1 Burnaby November 8th with ER/ET end of November - Cancelled Estridol too high
IVF #1 Trying again....different med's
ER - February 21 11 embryo's 8 mature 3 of 8 fertilized
ET - February 24 Transferred 2 embryo's 8/6 cell other one stopped growing....nothing to freeze
Beta March 6th BFP
Ultrasound March 26th - SUPRISE!!! It's TWINS!!!!
NT scan showed no heartbeats....m/c twins at 12 weeks...feeling lost.....
IVF #2 September 2008
ER - Sept 21 ET - Sept 24
Beta October 5th - BFP EDD June 14, 2009
My baby girl was born on June 13, 2009 7lbs 4 ozs and 19 inches long.
IVF #3 April 2010
BCP March 16
Baseline April 12 ER April 28
ET May 3 - 2 Top Grade Embies *Come on embies!!!*
Beta May 12th - BFN

June 12th - +++ HPT's (How did that happen?!?)
06/14 Beta 330 ~ 06/21 Beta 5677
Our miracle baby girl born February 20, 2011 6lbs 15 ozs

#4 Lil Solara

Lil Solara
  • 228 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Burnaby

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

Hi everyone!!! We leave for Burnaby June 13th. We are driving, as we are taking our dog. We are also staying at Accent Inn. This thread is interesting. We've been to Vancouver in the past, so we definately have an idea of what we want to do when we are there, which is nice. And if I had to travel for UVF, BC is a great place!!
Me (Katrina) ~ 32 DH ~ 32
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
June 2008 ~ IVF #1 - Transferred two beautiful embryos = BFN
October 2008 ~ FET = BFN
We have decided to stop all IF treatments! :)

January 11th ~ Found out we were picked for a Private Direct Adoption
February 19th ~ Our dream finally came true!! Welcome Patrick Douglas, 6lbs. 5 oz.