• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 writegal416

writegal416
  • Global 100+
  • 422 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

Well, especially for petite moms...I'm way, way, ahead of myself, but it doesn't hurt to start looking, right?  I'm on the shorter side (slightly under 5'2") and very small framed/light...  Any suggestions for strollers, carriers and cribs?  We have already decided that we DO NOT want a travel system since it would be more difficult for me to unlock a car seat and place it in base and vice versa.  We are city people.

Thanks. 

Advised Not to Get Pregnant: Circa 1994 or 1995 (I was FIFTEEN!!!)

Married: August 2010

Started Adoption Process:  January 2013

Started Researching Surrogacy: August 2016

Found Embryos: November 2016

Matched with Surrogate: April 2017, all adoption put on hold (never matched with a child)

Surrogate's First Transfer: July 2017 (one FET) - BFP, but m/c or chemical (unsure, since second beta rose more than 60%, but third beta dropped)

Surrogate's  Second Transfer: October 2017 (one FET) - BFN

Surrogate's Third Transfer: December 2017 (double transfer) - BFN

Moving on to donor eggs...

New donor embryos available!!! Trying with them

Surrogate's Fourth Transfer:  February 2018 - was to be a double transfer, but one did not survive thawing, so single transfer; First beta - 685!!!!!; Beta #2 - 1594!!!  eusa_dance.gif yahoo.gif

First ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 2 days): Heart rate of 154 bpm, measuring slightly behind (just under 7 weeks)

Second ultrasound (9 weeks, 1 day):  Heart rate of 170 bpm, measuring small (again) at a little under 9 weeks.  Basically, it is growing at a good pace, just small - UPDATE:  heart rate is 175 bpm according to an email from the clinic! 

Harmony tests show that we are low risk and we're Team babyboy.gif

#2 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

I'm also 5'2". I would suggest not purchasing a carrier until your baby is born and you can actually use your baby to test out carriers. 

Cribs are harder than they used to be for short parents since they no long have the slide down sides. It's fine when baby is a newborn and the mattress is high but once you have to lower the mattress it can be hard on your back when you reach in the put your baby to sleep.

Choose a stroller that's not too heavy and that fits easily into your vehicle. Our Vista is heavy and bulky. I much prefer our umbrella stroller for ease of use and lightness. It's the G-Luxe.

Happy planning!

Me - 37   DH - 45 (Paraplegic)   

FET planned for spring 2017

#3 NappyJ

NappyJ
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:CMC Women

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

I'm 4'10" and am in the middle of furnishing the nursery. We did a lot of research on cribs exactly for this reason! In the end, we learned the there are 2 brands of cribs that can work for us: IKEA and Delta. So we focused on those since the front of the cribs are generally the shortest. I ended up getting a delta model. Hope that helps!
39 years old, married 2013
2013: 2 natural pregnancies both ending in m/c around 6 weeks
2014: 1 natural preg, m/c around 6 wks, multiple IUI
2015: 1 natural preg - ectopic - left tube removed
2016: 2 unsuccessful FET w/ PGS, ERA showed unreceptive/need 6 days, 1 unsuccessful FET, Hysteroscopy for uterine adhesion.
2017: FET #4 2/2/17 BFP! Beta #1: 1685 14dp5dt, Beta #2: 7885 18dp5dt,
U/S 3.1.17 measuring 6w2d, saw the heartbeat! EDD 10/23/17
U/S 3.15.17 on track, 8w2d, hb 172, it's a GIRL!
Stopped meds 4.2.17
U/S 4.4.17 on track, 11w1d, hb 172
Gestational diabetes diagnosed at 26 weeks