Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:38 AM
This is something I make almost weekly (originally posted on my blog)!
- Two whole eggs, two egg whites
- Various herbs/spices (I usually use black pepper, turmeric, dried basil and oregano)
- Two medium to large sized ramekins/egg poaching containers
- Shallow pot
- (Optional) 2 tablespoons of milk
- (Optional) 1 1/2 tablespoons of quark or cream cheese (I use quark)
- Place water in a shallow pot – two or three inches is good enough and heat to a boil.
- While water is boiling, crack two whole eggs and two egg whites into a bowl or mug.
- Sprinkle spices and black pepper and mix.
- (Optional) Add milk and quark into the mug.
- Scramble/stir until combined
- Add the mixture into the containers
- Once water is coming to a boil, place ramekins into the bath and close the lid and lower the heat
- Steam for approximately 10-15 minutes
- Remove ramekins/containers from water bath and serve
Serve this with toast, waffles or fruit.
Advised Not to Get Pregnant: Circa 1994 or 1995 (I was FIFTEEN!!!)
Married: August 2010
Started Adoption Process: January 2013
Started Researching Surrogacy: August 2016
Found Embryos: November 2016
Matched with Surrogate: April 2017, all adoption put on hold (never matched with a child)
Surrogate's First Transfer: July 2017 (one FET) - BFP, but m/c or chemical (unsure, since second beta rose more than 60%, but third beta dropped)
Surrogate's Second Transfer: October 2017 (one FET) - BFN
Surrogate's Third Transfer: December 2017 (double transfer) - BFN
Moving on to donor eggs...
New donor embryos available!!! Trying with them
Surrogate's Fourth Transfer: February 2018 - was to be a double transfer, but one did not survive thawing, so single transfer; First beta - 685!!!!!; Beta #2 - 1594!!!
First ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 2 days): Heart rate of 154 bpm, measuring slightly behind (just under 7 weeks)
Second ultrasound (9 weeks, 1 day): Heart rate of 170 bpm, measuring small (again) at a little under 9 weeks. Basically, it is growing at a good pace, just small - UPDATE: heart rate is 175 bpm according to an email from the clinic!
Harmony tests show that we are low risk and we're Team