1 reply to this topic

#1 IVFKOSERJ

IVFKOSERJ
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:olive/pcrm

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any information or input.  I had my amh done 3 weeks ago and it came back at 51pmol/l. (USA would be 7ng/ml) The cut off range for my lab is 53 so I'm RIGHT at the upper end.  The last time I had my FSH checked was at least 5 years ago when I was actively involved in fertility treatments and it was always around 9 at that point which was quite high for 31years old I thought :(  (I never had my amh tested at that point)

Not sure why they didnt have me do fsh at the same time as amh 3 weeks ago, at any rate I have to do my cd3 fsh tomorrow and I'm SO SCARED.  If it was that high 5 years ago I can't imagine where it will be now. I know that high AMH would mean there are lots in my tank so-to-speak, but if my fsh is high then potentially I just have a BUNCH of crappy eggs.  I have zero symptoms of pcos, and throughout treatments in the past it was never evident on scans. Normal weight, ovulation, regular 28-29day cycles like clockwork.

Has anyone else had high amh and FSH and what is the prognosis or best protocol. I will be doing IVF only as I have no tubes. Also I am 36 years old.  

#2 Late Starter

Late Starter
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program Calgary

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

I found this post to be helpful in understanding the relationship between different hormone levels and ART options: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle (google it).
  • IVFKOSERJ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amh, fsh, ivf