5 replies to this topic

#1 writegal416

writegal416
  • Global 100+
  • 422 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

Hello,

I'm new here (and this is my first post).  My husband and I are hoping to have a baby through a donated embryo and surrogate.  After a long search, we found a surrogate and she had her transfer this month.  We don't know the results yet, but we are keeping our fingers crossed!!! :) 

• Bre likes this

Advised Not to Get Pregnant: Circa 1994 or 1995 (I was FIFTEEN!!!)

Married: August 2010

Started Adoption Process:  January 2013

Started Researching Surrogacy: August 2016

Found Embryos: November 2016

Matched with Surrogate: April 2017, all adoption put on hold (never matched with a child)

Surrogate's First Transfer: July 2017 (one FET) - BFP, but m/c or chemical (unsure, since second beta rose more than 60%, but third beta dropped)

Surrogate's  Second Transfer: October 2017 (one FET) - BFN

Surrogate's Third Transfer: December 2017 (double transfer) - BFN

Moving on to donor eggs...

New donor embryos available!!! Trying with them

Surrogate's Fourth Transfer:  February 2018 - was to be a double transfer, but one did not survive thawing, so single transfer; First beta - 685!!!!!; Beta #2 - 1594!!!  eusa_dance.gif yahoo.gif

First ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 2 days): Heart rate of 154 bpm, measuring slightly behind (just under 7 weeks)

Second ultrasound (9 weeks, 1 day):  Heart rate of 170 bpm, measuring small (again) at a little under 9 weeks.  Basically, it is growing at a good pace, just small - UPDATE:  heart rate is 175 bpm according to an email from the clinic! 

Harmony tests show that we are low risk and we're Team babyboy.gif

#2 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 379 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Prev: Trio / Current: Hannam

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Welcome Writegal. Hope you find great support here. 

I`m just starting down the path of surrogacy. May I ask how or where you found your surrogate?

#3 writegal416

writegal416
  • Global 100+
  • 422 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

Welcome Writegal. Hope you find great support here. 

I`m just starting down the path of surrogacy. May I ask how or where you found your surrogate?

Hi Elle22,

We used a consultancy.  We were lucky to be matched fairly quickly.  Message me if you want to discuss this privately.

Thanks!

Advised Not to Get Pregnant: Circa 1994 or 1995 (I was FIFTEEN!!!)

Married: August 2010

Started Adoption Process:  January 2013

Started Researching Surrogacy: August 2016

Found Embryos: November 2016

Matched with Surrogate: April 2017, all adoption put on hold (never matched with a child)

Surrogate's First Transfer: July 2017 (one FET) - BFP, but m/c or chemical (unsure, since second beta rose more than 60%, but third beta dropped)

Surrogate's  Second Transfer: October 2017 (one FET) - BFN

Surrogate's Third Transfer: December 2017 (double transfer) - BFN

Moving on to donor eggs...

New donor embryos available!!! Trying with them

Surrogate's Fourth Transfer:  February 2018 - was to be a double transfer, but one did not survive thawing, so single transfer; First beta - 685!!!!!; Beta #2 - 1594!!!  eusa_dance.gif yahoo.gif

First ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 2 days): Heart rate of 154 bpm, measuring slightly behind (just under 7 weeks)

Second ultrasound (9 weeks, 1 day):  Heart rate of 170 bpm, measuring small (again) at a little under 9 weeks.  Basically, it is growing at a good pace, just small - UPDATE:  heart rate is 175 bpm according to an email from the clinic! 

Harmony tests show that we are low risk and we're Team babyboy.gif

#4 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:46 PM

Welcome! This website has such great members, depth of knowledge and support. Wishing you great news soon.

#5 begin.again

begin.again
  • Global 100+
  • 112 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your journey. Looking forward to your updates. I am starting down the path of donor eggs right away!

#6 Secondtimer

Secondtimer
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

Welcome and The best of luck to you!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: surrogacy, genetic infertility