1 reply to this topic

#1 BMol

BMol
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Hello,

I hope you don't mind this post as I am not currently looking for advice for myself but rather for a story I'm working on for a Canadian magazine. I'm hoping to find women who made the choice to freeze their eggs for a period of time. I'm looking to bring some real life stories of Canadian women who have made this decision rather than the usual surveys and scientific studies. 

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak to you if the description above is something you can relate to and then I can tell you more about what I'm working on. 

Thank you!

#2 Hopingfor1

Hopingfor1
  • Global 100+
  • 312 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Hi there and welcome -  you'd probably want to read the below from the Community Guidelines so you can post your request in the correct area and include the required information.

Research and Clinical Trials

Educational/media researchers and clinics are welcome to post research/study participation requests in the forum Research and Clinical Trials. The original post must include the following:

1) Identity of the researcher(s), institution and funding source
2) Purpose of the research and research methods
3) Academic approval information (educational studies)
4) Participant Privacy/Information-use Disclosure 
5) University/Clinic/Media email contact address (not hotmail etc)

Me: 40  = High FSH (ranges from 8 - 15), Low AMH (2.7), Low AFC = DOR

DH: 43 = borderline sperm analysis

Started TTC#1 January 2010

2011 - 2012 - First fertility clinic, lots of testing, operative hysteroscopy to remove polyps, multiple unsuccessful IUIs, 1 IVF (150 Menopur/150 Gonal F) converted to IUI due to poor response

2012 - got second opinion and after AMH results came back, advised at 36 I had a less than 5% chance of conceiving via IVF.  Donor eggs strongly recommended but not yet ready for that (I should say - hubby not ready for that.  I was ready for donor eggs - I just wanted to be a Mom).  Decided clinic wasn't for us and back to clinic #1

2013 - IVF #1 (after 1st converted to IUI).  Estrogen Priming protocol - start Climara patch 7 days post ovulation and change every other day.  3 orgalutran injections beginning day after first Climara patch applied.  Start stims day 2 triggered on night 15 of stims = 3 eggs retrieved, 0 fertilized via ICSI = no transfer  (300 Gonal F/150 Menopur & Orgalutran)

2013 - Switch clinics

Office hysteroscopy = all clear

IVF #2 (37 years old) June 2013 - Estrace priming protocol.  4 mg estrace started 7 days post ovulation.  Start stims Day 3 (300 Gonal F/150 Menopur & Orgalutran)

Slow response as usual

Triggered on night 12 of stims (given the option to cancel as it looked like we'd get 3 eggs - knew we wouldn't do any better so continued).

ER:  6 eggs, but advised some were small and would be immature

Fert report:  5 of 6 eggs immature.  2 fertilized via ICSI (including one of the immature eggs)

ET:  Transferred our only 2 embryos - a 5 cell and an 8 cell

11dp3dt = BFP - HCG = 65

16dp3dt = HCG 1,305 (cautiously pregnant)

7 week ultrasound = 1 baby HB = 141

12 weeks ultrasound NT scan = NT = 1.7mm all looks good.  Combined with blood work risk is 1/1,400

Got Harmony blood test results back (done for peace of mind) - all clear and we're having a GIRL!

EDD = March 2014 (cautiously looking forward to that date)

However - baby had plans to arrive early. After PPROM and managing to cook the little one a bit longer, our bundle of joy arrived at 33 weeks.  After a 3 week NICU stay, she is finally home.  We are totally in love and forever thankful for our little miracle baby - Ashley Nicole.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: egg freezing