FET round 2/ Did I Mess up cycle? pls advise - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

FET round 2/ Did I Mess up cycle? pls advise

FET hormones progesterone dosing spotting 2ww

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:fertility solutions

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

Looking for ANY kind of advice. Had first attempt fresh transfer 05/2017 w/ BFP. (AF came day 6 of 2ww) Had 5 embryos frozen and decided two transfer 2. Started Estrogen 2x daily about 14 days ago, then 5 days prior to transfer started vaginal crinone suppositories twice a day. everything was going great and FET was set for 07/17. Well Saturday 07/15 took both estrogen pills but started feeling slightly crampy, ended up falling asleep and only taking morning dose of Circone. Wake up Sunday morning 07/16 and have spotting (small small amounts but none the less spotting) - Called RE and told had started my period and was told FET would be cancelled but to not stop hormones. So again, take morning Crinone and estrogen and in the next 20 minutes ALL bleeding and cramping stops. Called back RE who stated to come in 07/17 for FET and NOT cancel. No more spotting that day whatsoever. Had FET yesterday 07/17 (no spotting morning off). Still taking estrogen and crinone twice daily. Now this morning small amount of vaginal spotting. ( small enough to barley see - and mostly brown with a tinge of red) Small amount of cramps but I cannot tell if period cramps starting or due to Crinone/FET. I am wondering if that missed dose of Crinone just completely ruined this cycle? If anyone can shed any light on this I would be more than grateful!! thank you!!!

#2 kristi0217

kristi0217
  • 59 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

So your transfer was yesterday. Was it a 5 day transfer? If so, that may be good.

I doubt or at least hope that your RE would not go on with transfer unless they knew you were ready.  Did they check your progesterone number yesterday?  Are you still taking progesterone?

• Carly102988 likes this

#3 Stellabella28

Stellabella28
  • Global 100+
  • 411 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

Vaginal suppositories can irritate the cervix and cause some bleeding...he would check to make sure where its coming from before he cancels it

#4 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

It was a Frozen transfer, progesterone levels were not checked prior however still taking twice a day. Small amount of sporting

#5 Zoe13

Zoe13
  • Global 100+
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Reading, DIY Projects (that I often mess up), teaching, exercise, tea with friends, eating yummy food.
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility (2012); TRIO (2016)

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Carly - I don't think you messed up.  I truly believe that REs are almost as concerned about their success rates as we are about getting pregnant.  They would have cancelled it if they thought there was the need, plus, they would have looked at the thickness of your lining before the transfer and they would know that it was good enough to move forward.  You could always call the clinic and see what they say.... maybe they'd switch you to progesterone in oil injections?

To my knowledge, my progesterone levels have never been checked at time time of transfer.  I have read that blood tests aren't accurate when you're on vaginal progesterone - so I wouldn't worry that they haven't checked it.  Good luck with your cycle!  I felt a bit crampy after both cycles I got pregnant and have had spotting too so hopefully your cramping is a good sign!  

IUI#1 - April 2011 - Clomid, Ovidrel, and Endometrin - BFN
IUI#2 - July 2011 - Letrozol, Ovidrel and Endometrin - BFN
IUI#3 - October 2011 - Gonal F (75iu), Ovidrel and Endometrin - BFN

IVF - July 2012 - Gonal F, Luveris, Cetrotide, Ovidrel, Prometrium and Estrace
13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 2 day 5 blasts transferred, 4 frozen BFP!
Feb. 2013 - Daughter born via emergency c-section at 30 weeks due to PPROM.  She's a healthy little one now!

FET #1 - Aug. 2016.  Short Protocol.  Transferred one perfect 6AA fully hatched blastocyst - BFN!
FET #2 - June 2017. Long Protocol.  BFP - No heartbeat and growth 3+wks behind at 9 wks 4 days.  D & C

FET #3 - October 2017. Long Protocol.  BFP!  

#6 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

Carly - I don't think you messed up.  I truly believe that REs are almost as concerned about their success rates as we are about getting pregnant.  They would have cancelled it if they thought there was the need, plus, they would have looked at the thickness of your lining before the transfer and they would know that it was good enough to move forward.  You could always call the clinic and see what they say.... maybe they'd switch you to progesterone in oil injections?

To my knowledge, my progesterone levels have never been checked at time time of transfer.  I have read that blood tests aren't accurate when you're on vaginal progesterone - so I wouldn't worry that they haven't checked it.  Good luck with your cycle!  I felt a bit crampy after both cycles I got pregnant and have had spotting too so hopefully your cramping is a good sign!  

thank you! I hope your right, they did check my lining 3 days prior to transfer and they said that it was think with multiple layers and appeared ready for transfer. Also noted that my ovaries showed no signs of ovulating so maybe just an effect of the Crinone.

#7 From0to3

From0to3
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Hi Carly - I dont think one missed Crinone would mess up your cycle at all. I am embarrassed to admit that my last cycle I missed my dose close to 10 times and my daughter is now one. Your body is going through so much right now that spotting can be perfectly normal. I spotted so much with my fresh cycle that I was certain it was my period and wanted to stop all meds but I ended up with twins. Try not to worry during this horribly stressful time.

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/[email protected] th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

#8 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Hi Carly - I dont think one missed Crinone would mess up your cycle at all. I am embarrassed to admit that my last cycle I missed my dose close to 10 times and my daughter is now one. Your body is going through so much right now that spotting can be perfectly normal. I spotted so much with my fresh cycle that I was certain it was my period and wanted to stop all meds but I ended up with twins. Try not to worry during this horribly stressful time.

I am SO glad to hear that. Do you happen to remember if a dosage was missed prior to the transfer? Or if you had spotting prior to the transfer due to the Crinone? Thank you SO much for answering, and congrats on your daughter! :)

#9 HFLO

HFLO
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:32 AM

Don't stress! Spotting sucks and it's hard not to worry. But your doc would not have transferred your precious embryos if they thought that one dose would impact your success. I would suggest setting alerts on your phone for medication reminders. With all that is going on in your mind during treatments plus the side effects from meds, it's so easy to forget! Good luck!

DH: 39 - MF, low motility, low count

Me: 40 - lining issues, hx of polyps and fibroids

TTC since 2008.

Started IVF journey in 2012,3 fresh cycles and 3 FET attempts with first RE resulted in 3 BFNs and 3 cancelled transfers. No BFPs, no chemicals, never even seen a double line on HPT. cry.gif

Changed REs in 2015. Repeated all tests and decided to bank embryos for PGS testing due to history of BFNs. After 3 cycles and PGS testing - finally achieved 2 PGS normal embryos.banana.gifbanana.gif RE suggested ERA testing to determine implantation window.Mock cycle in May 2016 and July 2016, receptive results showing that 7 days of progesterone support required.

FET attempt #1 with new RE- Sept 2016: cancelled due topharmacy med mixup th_agrr.gif

FET attempt #2 with new RE - Nov 2016: cancelled again - lining not trilaminar eusa_wall.gif

FET #3 with new RE - Feb 2017 eusa_pray.gif- suppression check and removed nuvaring on Jan 12th. To start delestrogen injections Jan 16th. Final lining check on Feb 1st - got the green light to transfer finally!!yahoo.gifFeb 7th transferred one5bb euploid embryo, beta scheduled for Feb 21st.eusa_pray.gifSymptoms: strong sense of smell, very tired, tugging/pulling/small cramps, sore breasts, and heartburn. Caved and POAS at 4.5dpt and saw 2 lines for the very first time in my life, POAS every dayuntilsecond line was darker thancontrol!th_acheerlead.gif. Asked clinic to move up beta. First beta 9dp5dt=110; Second beta 11dp5dt=269; Third beta 13dp5dt=685. Ultrasound scheduled for March 3rd eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

Due Oct 26, 2017!!!

#10 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

Don't stress! Spotting sucks and it's hard not to worry. But your doc would not have transferred your precious embryos if they thought that one dose would impact your success. I would suggest setting alerts on your phone for medication reminders. With all that is going on in your mind during treatments plus the side effects from meds, it's so easy to forget! Good luck!

thank you so much! ugh the spotting made me so nervous. Day 3 off 2ww! wish me luck!

#11 From0to3

From0to3
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hi Carly, I don't remember if I spotted but I 100 percent missed Crinone before transfer. I took prometrium with my twins which was a fraction of the cost and covered by blue cross and wasnt happy when my clinic forced me to buy Crinone instead when I had already found success with prometrium. It is such big business they almost made it glaringly obvious they were getting a kick back from drug company. As I already had 2 year old twins from my second cycle I literally did not have the mental space free to think about the fet and went on with life normally - even swimming with my toddlers soon after transfer. I hated the irritation with Crinone as well as the price and missed quite a bit of it. In my experience, those little embryos decide whether they take and little we do or don't do seems to determine the outcome. It's so horribly stressful and mentally tortuous - every drop of blood can be a huge source of panic. Wishing you success Carly! Only a week away from beta day!

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/[email protected] th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

#12 HFLO

HFLO
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:15 AM

thank you so much! ugh the spotting made me so nervous. Day 3 off 2ww! wish me luck!
You're welcome! I'm going to follow along to see how you do! Will you poas?

TTC since 2008.

Started IVF journey in 2012,3 fresh cycles and 3 FET attempts with first RE resulted in 3 BFNs and 3 cancelled transfers. No BFPs, no chemicals, never even seen a double line on HPT. cry.gif

Changed REs in 2015. Repeated all tests and decided to bank embryos for PGS testing due to history of BFNs. After 3 cycles and PGS testing - finally achieved 2 PGS normal embryos.banana.gifbanana.gif RE suggested ERA testing to determine implantation window.Mock cycle in May 2016 and July 2016, receptive results showing that 7 days of progesterone support required.

FET attempt #1 with new RE- Sept 2016: cancelled due topharmacy med mixup th_agrr.gif

FET attempt #2 with new RE - Nov 2016: cancelled again - lining not trilaminar eusa_wall.gif

FET #3 with new RE - Feb 2017 eusa_pray.gif- suppression check and removed nuvaring on Jan 12th. To start delestrogen injections Jan 16th. Final lining check on Feb 1st - got the green light to transfer finally!!yahoo.gifFeb 7th transferred one5bb euploid embryo, beta scheduled for Feb 21st.eusa_pray.gifSymptoms: strong sense of smell, very tired, tugging/pulling/small cramps, sore breasts, and heartburn. Caved and POAS at 4.5dpt and saw 2 lines for the very first time in my life, POAS every dayuntilsecond line was darker thancontrol!th_acheerlead.gif. Asked clinic to move up beta. First beta 9dp5dt=110; Second beta 11dp5dt=269; Third beta 13dp5dt=685. Ultrasound scheduled for March 3rd eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

Due Oct 26, 2017!!!

#13 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

You're welcome! I'm going to follow along to see how you do! Will you poas?

Im trying not too! I go in for the BETA Wed am should find out wed pm. So far no more spotting but super crampy - hoping its still the Crinine! thank you so much!

#14 HFLO

HFLO
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

How are you doing Carly? Good luck with beta tomorrow!

TTC since 2008.

Due Oct 26, 2017!!!

#15 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

How are you doing Carly? Good luck with beta tomorrow!

thank you so mich! I started spotting yesterday and was hoping it was not my period - than woke up today and now with the spotting are those dreadful period cramps. I'm not to optimistic about the BETA tom due to this. I wish I could figure out why these little guys just will not implant.

#16 HFLO

HFLO
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

I'm sorry Carly, I've been in your shoes many times. I hope you got a beta surprise.

TTC since 2008.

Due Oct 26, 2017!!!

#17 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:26 AM

I'm sorry Carly, I've been in your shoes many times. I hope you got a beta surprise.

UGH. BFN. Told to stop all hormones and wait for period, so now Im waiting hoping these horrible cramps will go away soon. They want to me to have my uterine lining biopsied next. Really trying to be optimistic but its super hard. thank you tho

#18 HFLO

HFLO
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

BFNs suck and then the cramps just make it that much worse. Take lots of ibuprofen and have a heating pad handy. I hope you're able to connect with DH and heal from this cycle. Have a bottle of wine and watch a good movie and try to put it behind you. Good luck with the biopsy. I did the ERA biopsy and that's what finally worked for me. We got our first ever BFP after 5 years of treatments and I'm currently 27 weeks.

TTC since 2008.

Due Oct 26, 2017!!!

#19 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

BFNs suck and then the cramps just make it that much worse. Take lots of ibuprofen and have a heating pad handy. I hope you're able to connect with DH and heal from this cycle. Have a bottle of wine and watch a good movie and try to put it behind you. Good luck with the biopsy. I did the ERA biopsy and that's what finally worked for me. We got our first ever BFP after 5 years of treatments and I'm currently 27 weeks.

Thank you so much! Ive tried researching this ERA biopsy however I am not understanding how it works/what information it gives? Would you mind explaining this to me? thank you! Also, if you dont mind me asking how many BFNs did you get prior to the BFP? This is my second one, feeling kind of discouraged. Thank you! AND CONGRATS! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, hormones, progesterone, dosing, spotting, 2ww