• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:fertility solutions

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

Looking for ANY kind of advice. Had first attempt fresh transfer 05/2017 w/ BFP. (AF came day 6 of 2ww) Had 5 embryos frozen and decided two transfer 2. Started Estrogen 2x daily about 14 days ago, then 5 days prior to transfer started vaginal crinone suppositories twice a day. everything was going great and FET was set for 07/17. Well Saturday 07/15 took both estrogen pills but started feeling slightly crampy, ended up falling asleep and only taking morning dose of Circone. Wake up Sunday morning 07/16 and have spotting (small small amounts but none the less spotting) - Called RE and told had started my period and was told FET would be cancelled but to not stop hormones. So again, take morning Crinone and estrogen and in the next 20 minutes ALL bleeding and cramping stops. Called back RE who stated to come in 07/17 for FET and NOT cancel. No more spotting that day whatsoever. Had FET yesterday 07/17 (no spotting morning off). Still taking estrogen and crinone twice daily. Now this morning small amount of vaginal spotting. ( small enough to barley see - and mostly brown with a tinge of red) Small amount of cramps but I cannot tell if period cramps starting or due to Crinone/FET. I am wondering if that missed dose of Crinone just completely ruined this cycle? If anyone can shed any light on this I would be more than grateful!! thank you! :/

#2 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

It sounds like fairly normal side effects from the Crinone suppositories. When I used then for my IUI cycles I had light spotting and cramping over the 2ww. Cramping is a normal side effect from progesterone. Spotting is usually from cervical irritation caused by suppository insertion. As long as it isn't full flow I wouldn't worry. Hope this one is a BFP!

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: progesterone, FET, crinone, dosing