2WW Symptoms getting stronger because of meds or could it actually be something else?! - Waiting Lounge - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

2WW Symptoms getting stronger because of meds or could it actually be something else?!

2ww symptoms

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrsG

MrsG
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

In the beginning of taking progesterone and estrogen I had really mild symptoms that would normally be related to pregnancy. But I am now 7dp5dt and my breasts are getting really heavy, sense of smell is heightened with food aversion that makes me want to vomit.

Is this just because the hormones I'm taking? But why all of a sudden are the symtoms amped up?

Maybe I'm just going crazy.... giggle.gif

#2 Pegnrally

Pegnrally
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Fertilite Center in Tijuana

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

Hi Yes, it is the Progesterone that mimics pregnancy symptoms.  I had the same symptoms as you did last week and I am now on day 10dp,5dt.  I took at pregnancy test on the 6th day and had a faint line I took one on day 9, yesterday and today and both BFP.  I am however still experiencing a bit of breast tenderness, some cramping on and off and just bloating my stomach is huge!! 

Hang in there just a few more days!! All the best!!

#3 MrsG

MrsG
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

Thanks! Congrats on the Positive. Hope all goes well for you! I have the same symptoms so hopefully same results!

#4 willowreese

willowreese
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

I'm in my 2WW, was anyone else constantly hungry during theirs?

#5 MrsG

MrsG
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Always seem to be munching on something, but meat seems to gross me out right now.

#6 yogini

yogini
  • 69 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

In my 2ww as well. 10dp3dt today. Is this ever a long 2 weeks! Beta is only on Thursday (so a real 14 days post transfer...).

Breasts really sore, and very bloated as well... I no longer like any of my pants or bras, they all seem too tight! I don't think I gained weight per say, just really feeling bloated. Since yesterday (but much more today) I'm getting weird twinges around where I imagine my uterus would be. Not cramping, more sharp, almost like a pinching in my uterus - actually feels kind of similar to the feeling of ovaries stretching from ovulation/stims, except really midline, I don't feel it on the sides... anyone else have anything like this? Other than that I'm just really tired, and moody (anxious/easily tearful, but I imagine this could just be the 2ww making me so stressed). 

FX for BPF but I'm so scared of getting my hopes up! We only transferred 1 embryo on day 3, because that's all we had... I know the odds are not great... 

Me : 36 DH 37

TTC x 2011

Initial workup completed 2013 - Unexplained

Waited to be financially and emotionally ready to consider treatments - 2017 dx DOR

1st IVF cycle June 2017

Microflare protocol with twice daily gonal-f 112.5, Menopur 75 and Suprefact 0.4

3 follies measurable on day 8 of STIMS.

Ovidrel trigger shot June 24

ER June 26

2 eggs retrieved, ICSI, both fertilized

1 embryo left at day 3 - Grade 2, 7 cells, 5%fragmentation. Assisted hatching, transferred June 29th

POAS 11dp3dt BFN, POAS 13dp3dt BFN, Beta July 13th BFN

RE estimates chances of success of repeat IVF w my eggs to be 15-20%

Waited on finances to recover for IVF#2, planned for Jan 2018

Estrogen priming protocol without OCP, estrace start Jan 13, Stim with Gonal-F 225 and Luveris 150/75 to start Jan 22

-- bust as estrogen did not suppress my natural ovulation, LH surge on day of baseline US pre-stims --Converted to natural cycle, but ovulated the morning of retrieval - converted to IUI

2nd IVF June 2018

estrogen priming mini-stim protocol without OCP (once daily Menopur 75 and Gonal-f 75, orgalutran)

also 6mo high dose Ubiquinol, avoided BPAs and had endometrial scratch)

6 follicules (!), 5 mature eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized with ICSI

1 day 5 grade 4AA blast transferred July 2 - BFP on FRER, strongest at 6dpt to 8dpt

Beta 7dp5dt 8.5, very low. FRER showing very pale 2nd line. Beta 10dp5dt 7.0. Beta 12dp5dt BFN

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2ww, symptoms