2 replies to this topic

#1 RainyFriday

RainyFriday
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:44 PM

Started my first IVF cycle in June with birth control.  They anticipated ovarian hyper stimulation due to my PCOS and a possible surge of estrogen due to my advanced a typical endometrial hyperplasia.  Prior to my appointment I lost 35-40 lbs and took a lot of multi vitamins*.  Still I came to the doctor expecting a no and got a yes, i've been reeling ever since.  

I'm in Calgary for the end of my cycle (awaiting transfer).  The injections were ok I guess? I was on Gonal F, Luveris and Cetrotide.  A fair amount of bruising but the pain was lower than expected until closer to retrieval.  One of my ovaries was quite high and behind my uterus so I was given more pain killer and didn't feel much more than the needle poke and a lot of pressure.  It wasn't painful but it wasn't pleasant.  No ovarian hyper stimulation and my lining was actually slow to build up.  I had 17 follicles on my right ovary and 9 follicles on my right that they could see.  After the HCG shot they pulled 16 eggs 13 of which were mature, 2 iffy and one little.  Of the 16 eggs all were fertilized with ICSI.  As per today (retrieval was Monday it's Wednesday) we have 11 eggs that fertilized and we will be getting the update tomorrow on how many drop off.  The worst part of this is the antibiotic.  I'm dizzy, nauseous, sweaty it.is.hell.  I'm obviously terrified of the transfer.  Afraid I will do something wrong or all the eggs will drop and there will be only one left and I will have to go through this again.  We opted to freeze the extra embryos in the hope if it doesn't work we have a second chance or if it does work we have another chance.  I have booked some acupuncture for post embryo transfer and am focusing on keeping calm on the 10 hour drive home.  So that is where I'm at right now. Hello!

Medication:

Birth control 

Gonal-F

Luveris 

Cetrotide 

HCG

baby asprin

Multi vitamins etc:

Co-enzyme Q10

Vitamin E

Vitamin D

Prescription pre natal

Fish oil

B50 complex

Zinc

Folic Acid  

Endometrial Hyperplasia 

no children 

Started IVF cycle 1 June 2017 awaiting implantation July 7 or 8 2017 

#2 OuttaControl

OuttaControl
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

Hi RainyFriday.

Welcome! I totally understand your fear...it is expensive and emotionally draining and so unsure! There's lots of us here going through the same thing - you should join the July FET thread and there's a bunch of people there at a similar stage.
  • Bre likes this

Dx PCOS in Apr 2013. Clomid 50 mg and 100 mg - no response. Letrozole 2.5 mg and 5 mg - no response. (tried 4 times over 4 years)

IVF May 2017 - 40 eggs retrieved, 34 mature, 22 fertilized with ICSI, 10 blasts.

FET July 2017 - BFN

FET Aug 2017 - BFN

Taking a break - ERA Test in Jan or Feb 2018

ERA Results Apr 2018 - Need 12 more hours of progesterone

FET June 2018 - BFP!

#3 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

Welcome RainyFriday! I really hope it works out for you! Its an emotional roller coaster to say the least! The support on this site alone is amazing :)

35, Endometriosis, TTC 5 years

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PCOS, Pre Cancer, Endometrial Hyperplasia, IVF cycle 1, overweight