• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#1 eastvangirl

eastvangirl
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

Hi ladies! Thought I would start the thread since I found out I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant! This is my first positive pregnancy EVER - we started IVF in October and this was our second FET with our last embryo. I had a very low hcg for my first test so they were worried it was a chemical or ectopic, but it had doubled to 222 by Monday and today was in the 700s. So it seems like it's actually finally happening, fingers and toes crossed until my first ultrasound on July 10!
They told me I was due March 2nd - I am a Pisces born March 16 and so excited to have another little fishy in the family:) I don't want to get ahead of myself and get too excited but it's hard not to.
I already told my sister and best friend. But going to wait to tell my mom until 6 week ultrasound if all looks good. And wait 12 weeks for everyone else.
Who here is going to find out the sex? I can't decide if I want to know or not as I would be happy either way but also kinda thinking a girl for some reason?!
Anyway congrats to those who have also been given a March due date, keeping my fingers crossed for all of us here!
  • Becdoolan likes this

#2 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Cairns australia

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

Hello eastvangirl. Congratulations, it's sooo exciting to be pregnant. Funny thing is you and I are due the exact same day 2nd of March. How u feeling, are you getting symptoms. I'm just some slight nausea in the mornings, sore boobs and hungry. My beta results were 550 on 11dp5dt and 2 days later 1130. I'm going for an ultrasound on Thursday 7th just to check it isn't an ectopic pregnancy cause I've had 2 before. It will most likely be 3 to 4 days of early to to see the heart
2001 naturally conceived a baby boy.🙌
2007 naturally conceived - ectoptic. Ruptured lost right fallopian tube. 💔
2008 naturally conceived - miscarried💔
2012 ivf miscarried💔
2014 ivf fet left ectoptic. Ruptured and lost left fallopian tube💔
2014 ivf fresh cycle healthy baby boy🙌 born May 2015
20th April 2016 fet #1 transfer attempting project sibbling. BFN
24TH May 2016 transfer fet#2

#3 MickiJane

MickiJane
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

Hi Ladies! I had my first beta today, after a 6 day FET, my due date is March 8.
My next beta is Tuesday, I'm so hopeful!
We had PGS testing, so we know it's a boy! (We had seven tested, three normal, and they are all boys)
Our first FET didn't take, and we did 8 IUIs before IVF, so of course I'm so nervous!

Good luck to all of us!

#4 MickiJane

MickiJane
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

Oh! My beta today was 208...I'm trying not to obsess over beta numbers. :-) :-)

#5 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:30 AM

Hello mickijane congratulations Hun. It's such an unfair process that when we finally fall pregnant it opens up a whole other level of stress. I'm in the same boat, between pee testing and checking hcg every couple of days to ensure they are doubling and I'm having a scan on Thursday just to rule out ectopic pregnancy. But in saying that I have had 2 miscarriages and 2 ectopic pregnancies. But we both have to just breath and just enjoy today, as today we are pregnant
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#6 one_day_hopeful_mum

one_day_hopeful_mum
  • Global 100+
  • 218 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Hi ladies!

I hope you don't mind in I join in and hello Becdoolan (I found it) friendly name from the June board!

Based on an internet calculator I think my due date is March 6th, but I haven't had that confirmed by the doctor. I am so freakin excited but also terrified that things might not work out. My boobs are also already a cup size bigger and I've gained weight already because I stopped dieting as soon as we started IVF 😬.

My first Beta was 122 at 9dp5dt and my second beta was 364 at 11dp5dt. I think those are pretty average numbers, but to be honest I can't find a good resource online that gives any concrete guidance on betas.

My ultrasound is on July 18th, which feels like forever away! I am just praying we get a heart beat.

I also totally plan on finding out the sex as soon as we can. Does anyone plan on doing the invasive testing for abnormalities? I know we are at an increased risk because we did ICSI, but I'm nervous about the risks with those tests.

#7 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:34 PM

Hello one day hopeful mum. Hooray I'm so excited we have graduated onto this group. I wouldn't stress about beta results they vary so much between each person. I got my third beta taken yesterday, just to make sure it's still increasing correctly. I will find out later today. I am hoping to do the blood test where they check for some abnormalities in the baby. You can do it around the 9 weeks pregnant I believe,and you can also find out the sex in the same test. I'm in 2 minds if I find out then or wait to see what bub is when I have a 3d ultrasound. I think that way would be more exciting. I haven't put on any weight yet which is a definite surprise cause having 2 dinners every night is not my norm. Is anyone else experiencing crampy sleep. I seem to wake up wide awake around 1am ish and can't get back to sleep for an hour or two.
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#8 one_day_hopeful_mum

one_day_hopeful_mum
  • Global 100+
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Becdoolan does your clinic always do three betas or did you request it? I kind of wish there was another beta for me between my last beta and ultrasound. I think I'm just horribly impatient and just want to know everything is ok in there.

#9 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

I went to my local Dr who I will be going through the for my pregnancy, and cause they know my story with Ivf they allow me to do what I need to ease my mind. So I have a scan in 2 days so I can rule out ectopic pregnancy. I will probably try to ease off in the next fortnight once I get through my bad week (6th week) when I would loose them.
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#10 MickiJane

MickiJane
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

I have my second beta tomorrow, and I cannot stop testing! I just want those lines to keep getting darker, I'm obsessed!

Hang in there ladies!

#11 one_day_hopeful_mum

one_day_hopeful_mum
  • Global 100+
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

Hmm that's smart Becdoolan! I really don't know how I am going to survive the next two weeks until my US. I am going slightly insane worrying if the pregnancy is healthy/viable.

Good look with your Beta MickiJane!

AFM - Does anyone have mild cramping on and off again in the lower abdomen, but slightly off to one side? I have this on my right side and also in the same spot I have sore muscles like how it feels after doing crunches. Has anyone experienced this?

#12 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

One day hopeful mum I have cramping on and off, kinda feels like periods are about to show up mild cramping tho nothing painful. I still have a lot of soreness, it should be the ovaries still healing from their ordeal. It will take quite awhile for them to go back to normal size. My left side is more painful than the right. Last time I did ER when I was 4 weeks pregnant I ended up in hospital cause my one of my ovaries collapsed. It just had to heal by itself and it didn't effect my pregnancy with my DS.
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#13 one_day_hopeful_mum

one_day_hopeful_mum
  • Global 100+
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

MJ how did your beta go?

#14 MickiJane

MickiJane
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

My beta was 725 and my dr scheduled another test for tomorrow, seems promising! How are you doing?

#15 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

MJ they are good numbers.

I had my first scan to rule out ectopic. We saw a perfect Lil fetal pole with a heart beat which I got to hear. I am 5weeks and 3 days so that puts my due date at 5th March. So it puts my dates back 3 days but that is perfectly fine when you get confirmation bub is doing great. I'm so excited and so relieved.
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#16 one_day_hopeful_mum

one_day_hopeful_mum
  • Global 100+
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Becdoolan congrats on a great scan you must be so relieved!! I can't wait to get to that point. In my mind it won't feel real until I've seen a heart beat and confirmation that it's in the uterus.

MJ those are great second beta numbers, what's the third test that your clinic is doing? My clinic classifies you as officially pregnant after two good betas.

AFM - Just impatiently waiting for the 18th for my scan and wishing it was sooner. I haven't had anymore cramping which is either good or bad, who knows 😂. I am still having abdominal muscle soreness and some lower back pain. I also seem to have developed some constipation. Between the weight I gained from IVF and the serious pregnancy bloating and constipation, my belly is looking huge 🙈. It probably doesn't help that I already carry my weight in my stomach. But as long as the bean is doing okay in there I'm happy to have a big stomach.

#17 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

One day hopeful mum the 18th does seems so far away. With your constipation, I have Chia seeds they are fantastic for that and they are super healthy.
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#18 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

How is everyone feeling. What symptoms is everyone getting.

I have light nausea with sore boobs and hungry a lot. Besides that for 6 weeks I feel very normal. I have Dr appointment in 2 days to discuss my scan and find out from info on my 5cm cyst that is on my right ovary.
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#19 Crossingfingers

Crossingfingers
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hi Becdoolan! Funny you should ask, I've felt waves of nauseous today...almost a hungover feeling. It's so early though I almost wondering if I'm dreaming it after my first beta yesterday (second is tomorrow). My boils have been sore for a while, I'm already on the larger side, I feel like they're massive and heavy now. Crazy how quickly some things can change. I tried to look my hcg numbers up but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Can't seems to figure out if I take the 3 day transfer into account.

Looking forward to hearing how your scan goes. I'm guessing you transfer closer to the beginning of the month whereas I was at the end
  • Becdoolan likes this

#20 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

Hello crossing fingers congratulations for your positive and great beat numbers. It's exciting when you see them rising. Let me know what your results are tomorrow. It's definitely so surreal to finally be pregnant. Have u done the due date calculator, when your due date. I did my 5dt on the 14th June so I'm not that far ahead of you. It will be great to go through our pregnancies so close. My nausea feels exactly like being hungover although I think being hungover is worse than what I am feeling at the moment. The beta calculators on the net very confusing and I have read a lot of people saying they are wrong and you shouldn't go by what they say. I'm just happy that they increased enough those first few test and I'm happy with that.
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#21 one_day_hopeful_mum

one_day_hopeful_mum
  • Global 100+
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

Hi everyone! My symptoms seem to have all disappeared except for the bloating, large boobs and tiredness. I am 6 weeks according to my bump app but haven't been given an official due date yet. I'm just impatiently waiting for the 18th for my ultrasound. I'm trying to have positive thoughts that it's going to go well and that we will hear a heartbeat and see the baby in the uterus. I don't think I will feel officially pregnant until I hear that heartbeat. I really hate that my clinic makes us wait so long for our first ultrasound.

When is everyone's first/next ultrasound?

#22 Crossingfingers

Crossingfingers
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

Hi Ladies! I had my 3dt transfer on July 25th. I could agree more one day, the waiting is torture. I'm lucky that my clinic doesn't give same day results and I still manage to get into quite a state waiting. I haven't had my ultrasound scheduled yet but I think it's supposed to be around week 7.

I just got a call from my clinic, my hcg didn't double in 48 hours. They were looking for it to be 562 and it was 496. Unfortunately they just left a voicemail so I wasn't able to get anymore information. For the first time ever they mentioned my thyroid and said that it is where they'd like it to be...makes me wonder why'd they mention it then. Never a dull moment right
  • Seem14 likes this

#23 one_day_hopeful_mum

one_day_hopeful_mum
  • Global 100+
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Crossingfingers I'm sorry to hear that your beta didn't double, what are the next steps? On your thyroid, I know at my clinic they test thyroid on the second beta but not the first Beta so if your clinic is similar that may be why they mentioned it now but not previously.

#24 Becdoolan

Becdoolan
  • Global 100+
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

Crossing fingers your beta is still increasing so I wouldn't stress. If it only increased by a small number then I would be worried but it's so close to the double number. Are you going to do another beta.
  • Crossingfingers likes this
2012 ivf miscarried💔

#25 Crossingfingers

Crossingfingers
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

Hi! I have to go for another beta Wednesday. She said if it continues s they'd look at scheduling the ob scan earlier, I asked if they look for beta to be in a range and she said it's more about doubling. From what I've read since the call it says that it should double in 48-72 hours and I'm at about 58 hours. I guess my clinic prefers 48hours