14 replies to this topic

#1 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 369 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Prev: Trio / Current: Hannam

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hi All - I am considering getting a second opinion at Mt Sinai clinic and looking for suggestions on which RE/doctor may be the best fit. And if there is someone you think I should stay away from, open to hear who and why as well. 

A bit of my background.

i'm 38.  2 IVF cycles.  # transfers.  1 BFP last year that ended at 7 weeks. 2 embroys frozen. Spent the last year dealing with fibroids. Had surgery in April to remove. Now having lining issues. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

#2 fish

fish
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi Elle,

Just want to share my experience at Mt, Sinai. I were considering getting the second option at Mt. Sinai too. It took us 2 months to get the first consultation appointment to see Dr Greenblatt but the appointment was canceled few days before the appointment and reschedule sometimes in July.

#3 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

Hi Fish. Thank you for replying. Did you request to see Dr Greenblatt specifically? And if so may I ask why?

#4 fish

fish
  • 24 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Yes, it was referral by other RE. But we end up did not go, the wait is too long.

• Elle22 likes this

#5 LC285

LC285
  • 92 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt.Sinai

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Hi All - I am considering getting a second opinion at Mt Sinai clinic and looking for suggestions on which RE/doctor may be the best fit. And if there is someone you think I should stay away from, open to hear who and why as well. 

A bit of my background.

i'm 38.  2 IVF cycles.  # transfers.  1 BFP last year that ended at 7 weeks. 2 embroys frozen. Spent the last year dealing with fibroids. Had surgery in April to remove. Now having lining issues. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi Elle22,

I did my IVF at Mt.Sinai. My RE was Dr.Chan. She was EXCELLENT. She is young, and maybe the newest and most junior RE on their rooster but she is fantastic. I got pregnant on my first FET and my baby is now 4 months old :)

• Elle22 and elation like this

Me: 30 DH: 34

Male Factor
No known issues with me so far.

IVF#1 May 2016 - 34 eggs retrieved, freeze all due to OHSS risk
FET#1 June 2016 - Transferred 1 4BA blast......BFP

#6 lindlea

lindlea
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:MNt. Sinai

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

I see Dr. Liu. Haven't completed cycle yet but she's been very nice to deal with so far. We left another clinic because we didn't like the treatment. 

#7 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

I see Dr. Liu. Haven't completed cycle yet but she's been very nice to deal with so far. We left another clinic because we didn't like the treatment. 

Thanks lindlea - may I ask what clinic & Doctor you left and why?

#8 lindlea

lindlea
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:MNt. Sinai

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

We left Trio and Dr. Chang. Many say positive things about him but he wasn't a great fit for us and we were more comfortable and familiar with Mt. Sinai. Really though, it was a personality thing. 

#9 christinek

christinek
  • 65 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this and I am feeling quite anxious. My husband and I are hoping to start IVF/ICSI and I just got referred to Dr. Jones at Mt. Sinai. We were using another clinic and after some overwhelming research online I decided I wanted to try Dr. Jones. Any one ever have her?

Thanks

#10 Lena7878

Lena7878
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:Formerly Mount Sinai now Create

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

Mount Sinai is okay, but stay away from Dr. Shapiro. Worst RE there. Very closed minded.

Thankfully, I am switching clinics to Create.

#11 GeorgetteBabies

GeorgetteBabies
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, boxing
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

Hi, I have Dr Greenblatt - she is one of the best RE's in North America and she is the chief of the program at Mt Sinai. I find her to be amazing - she is so so so kind and very knowledgable.  I am currently cycling with her. 

TTC for 7 years

many unexplained miscarriages.  Ectopic rupture 2010 resulting in loss of right tube and ovary, remaining tube blocked

IVF funded waiting, large polyps removed

AMH 1.7, FSH 10, AFC 6

10/2017 Accepted for funded IVF

April 19th started stims 75 IU menopur 300IU Gonal F 

ER coming up

ER may 5/2018

ET May 8th (3 day - one 8 cell one 10 cell grade 2 embies)

POAS day 6 bfn

poas day 10 bfn

HCG beta day 11 less than one BFN Im out :( 

#12 christinek

christinek
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

Hi, I have Dr Greenblatt - she is one of the best RE's in North America and she is the chief of the program at Mt Sinai. I find her to be amazing - she is so so so kind and very knowledgable.  I am currently cycling with her. 

I started seeing Dr. Jones at mt sinai. So far I've had a good experience. I start my first round of IVF in May, I am hoping I can do all or most of my treatments at the Vaughan location since I live and work in Markham.

#13 GeorgetteBabies

GeorgetteBabies
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, boxing
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

I started seeing Dr. Jones at mt sinai. So far I've had a good experience. I start my first round of IVF in May, I am hoping I can do all or most of my treatments at the Vaughan location since I live and work in Markham.

You will  be able to do your monitoring only there - the egg retrieval and embryo transfer will be downtown. good luck x 

TTC for 7 years

many unexplained miscarriages.  Ectopic rupture 2010 resulting in loss of right tube and ovary, remaining tube blocked

IVF funded waiting, large polyps removed

AMH 1.7, FSH 10, AFC 6

10/2017 Accepted for funded IVF

April 19th started stims 75 IU menopur 300IU Gonal F 

ER coming up

ER may 5/2018

ET May 8th (3 day - one 8 cell one 10 cell grade 2 embies)

POAS day 6 bfn

poas day 10 bfn

HCG beta day 11 less than one BFN Im out :( 

#14 christinek

christinek
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:34 AM

You will  be able to do your monitoring only there - the egg retrieval and embryo transfer will be downtown. good luck x 

Thanks so much! Best of luck to you too I will keep all my fingers crossed for us!

#15 rias

rias
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:57 PM

Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Miguel Russo? He is at the Mississauga location of Mt Sinai. He seem's new but his waiting period is fast. My other option is the downtown location? Who is the best RE there to see?

Thank you!