Anyone has experience with 3 shots methotrexate? - PG Loss - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone has experience with 3 shots methotrexate?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Noivf

Noivf
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

Hi

I am diagnosed with ectopic, when I started the MTX my hcg was 317, but it went up to 408 and stayed there. Then I had the second shot the number went up to 466 on day 3 and 508 day 5 and then 466 day 6 and 406 day 7. The number wasn't dropping too much but I really don't want to remove the tube cause I only have one tube. The doc gave the option for 3 shot thought they said they never had given 3 shots before.

Anyone has similar experience? My Chinese medicine doc said the dose for ectopic is low so usually it shouldn't harm your body. I had blood work done to check liver and kidney after two doses and it shows the level is still normal.

Thanks very much.

#2 annatarz79

annatarz79
  • Global 100+
  • 251 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

I am really sorry that you have to go through this up and down situtation. it sucks...i dont know if it is safe or not to use a third shot. why dont you give it a few days more and then check again. i also think the hcg  number is low to do any damage at this point but you should definitely monitor it every couple of days. Are you sure that the ectopic is at the tube? recently i read that ectopics can be located in other places as well. please follow your doctors advice and if you dont agree with it i would recommend getting a second medical opinion. Good luck

#3 Noivf

Noivf
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:29 AM

Thanks annatarz79. It went down a little bit last wendnesday, I am waiting for blood draw today. But I know probably it raised again because the pregnancy test strip is showing a deeper line. Drives my crazy. My family doc has refered me to an OB to get a second opinion. I was so upset two weeks ago when the RE at the fertility centre told me I don't need second opinion for things like this.

I have been hanging here for 5 weeks since I knew the ectopic. If the hcg goes up again I think I just try the 3rd shot, hopefully it can drop.