IVF/ICSI Feb/March 2005 Anyone else? - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

IVF/ICSI Feb/March 2005 Anyone else?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:18 AM

Hi Everyone

I'm on my second day of the nasal spray then its off to Halifax to check for down regulation on Feb 28. Then starting Thursday (March 3) starting injections of Gonal F for 4 days. I guess the retreival will be scheduled for some time around March 14th I guess? My clinic doesn't like to get a head of themselves - I guess just incase things don't go as planned. :( I was just wondering if there is anyone else on or close to this schedule?

PS does drinking coffee (just 1 cup a day) really matter? :dontknow:

Thanks
Tanya

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:00 AM

Hi Tanya looks like I will be cycling with you! Seems like my clinic does things much differently than yours. I am waiting for AF early March then begin injections on day 3 with retrieval hopefully mid March.
This is my second shot at ICSI so I am going to request a 3 embryo transfer. I have to say I"m a bit nervous about the retrieval part. Last time I found it quite painful. I think I'll ask them to up the morphine! Is this your first attempt?
Lots of luck! Jill

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:09 AM

Hi Tanya looks like I will be cycling with you! Seems like my clinic does things much differently than yours. I am waiting for AF early March then begin injections on day 3 with retrieval hopefully mid March.
This is my second shot at ICSI so I am going to  request a 3 embryo transfer. I have to say I"m a bit nervous about the retrieval part. Last time I found it quite painful. I think I'll ask them to up the morphine! Is this your first attempt?
Lots of luck! Jill

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jill

I Really hope all goes well for you. I'm thinking about the 3 embryo transfer as well but I terrified that it was actually be 3. Who decided 2 or 3 your first time. I'm 32 So I don't know if they will allow 3. I guess I should just take it day by day because we might not even get that far.

I'm very surprised at the difference in the process between you and I. I wonder why there is a difference :dontknow:

So I think with your schedule that will put us right around the same time. I'm at a clinic in Halifax - you?
The retreival was painful was it? :ouch:

I just hope I don't have to take too much time off work because I can't sit at home or I will go crazy thinking about all of this.

Well its great to here from you. I truly feel like I'm not alone anymore because of the wonderful support I'm receiving from the people on this website. I wish I had of found it 2 years ago.

Tanya

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:45 AM

Hey Tanya and Jill :wavey:

I just wanted to say welcome to the board, and good luck on your journey! I'm a little bit ahead of you guys, but not by much. I am injecting Suprefact now and start my Gonal F injections tomorrow. This is my first time doing IVF. Funny enough, I feel more positive about the whole thing now than I did while I was waiting to get started. :blush:

My ER is tentative for March 1st with ET tentative for March 4th. Who knows...maybe I'll react really well to the drugs and things will hapeen sooner!

Oh ya, about the coffee...my doctor forbids coffee. As a matter of fact, I told him that I was drinking decaf and he said "you have to stop that immediately." They are very much into the "holistic" approach I think. Take no chances with caffeine is the message that I am getting. I'm a little jealous though, as he didn't request Dh to stop drinking coffee :huh: :lol: So I drink sooooo much Rooibos tea. It's very soothing.

Well, that's enough rambling for me!

Cheers,
Heather

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:25 PM

Hi Tanya and Heather
Wow I'm surprised to hear that your doctor even forbids DECAF. coffee! That is what I have been drinking this past week trying desperatately to "get healthy" for the next few weeks and switch from caffeinated. Coffee is my one vice in life!! Oh well I guess I can swtich to herbal tea for a while. Have you girls been doing anything to gear up for the month ahead? I'm thinking maybe I should start some yoga classess- I know that I"ll need some "zen" in my life during the 2ww. Last ICSI I did not take any time off work (just the day of each procedure) I felt that it was helpful to take my mind off of the situation. It seems like many people take a few weeks off though.
In response to your questions- the first time that I did ICSI the doctor recommended that we transfer only 2 embies. I was only just turning 33 and they felt it would be "too risky" at my age. However in retrospect, it was unsuccessful and only a few froze successfully so I only had one chance at FET. My husband is VERY worried about the possibility of 3 implanting- I think that at this point our odds for this are low and if triplets is the worst case scenario (I can think of worse situations to be in). In response to your other question-I am cycling at a clinic in downtown T.O.
I do acknowledge that there are risks to both the mothers health and the babys health if 3 implanted. However I do not know how many more attempts I will be able to handle emotionally or finanically- so at this point I think that it is worth the risk. I know the my doctor and husband are going to need some convincing though. :mf_swordfight:
Good luck to both of you with IVF ! I haven't seen many positives lately- its about time we had some BFP!
Hope we can keep in touch while we experinece this rollar coaster ride over the next 4-6 weeks.
Jill

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:09 AM

[COLOR=green]Hi Tanya, Heather and Jill,
I am cycling with you too.
This is our first try. We start Shots today.
We should be ready to go fishing March 3rd or 4th, nothing is set in stone. And then transfering 2-3 days later. We are transrering 4 embros, because I am 38 years old, our number increases. I am on my way to the clinic right now, I'll check with you later! Good luck everyone, Joy[SIZE=7]

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:05 AM

Hi Joy, good luck!! Keep us posted as to how things go! :dance: It is a very exciting and stressful time, be good to yourself.
Jill

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 04:55 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm cycling around your time too - I hope!! Just started AF on Valentine's day :wub: So in 4 weeks, I'll start to prep. for a FET. I'll be a bit behind you... but reading along.
K