Loving home wanted for our frozen 5 - Embryo Donors - Donor - Donor - IVF.ca

Donor Connect

Free listing feature for altruistic donor and surrogacy searches. Listing will appear in DonorConnect, the Donor and Surrogacy Forum, and the IVF.ca Twitter Feed.

Loving home wanted for our frozen 5

Yes

Ethnicity: Caucasian
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue, Hazel
Description:

Hello everyone!

I've been hesitant to post a profile because I was worried some potential recipients might just tell us what we want to hear, but then it occurred to me that I don't have to talk about what we are looking for; I can just tell you about ourselves. If I was a recipient I would want to know about my donors, and who knows? Maybe we will make a great connection by posting this. Before you waste any time reading this though, I should specify that we are looking for recipients under 40, with no more than one current child (I'm sorry for anyone this excludes).

I'll start by getting all the typical donor info out of the way. We did IVF in 2014 when I was 29 and my husband was 31. My problem was scar tissue on my fallopian tubes, but I was otherwise healthy and we got pregnant with my daughter on our first transfer. Pregnancy opened up one of my tubes (unbeknownst to us!) and we naturally conceived my little boy. Now we feel our family is complete, and are looking to donate the 5 blastocysts we have left. We're Caucasian, both with brown hair. My husband has hazel eyes, and mine are blue.

We live in Western Canada, and my husband is a mechanical engineer with his own company. I'm a stay-at-home-mom with a tendancy towards company-related backseat driving (but my background is in computer science, visual art, and animation). We love the outdoors, but are also pretty nerdy and enjoy board games, video games, and researching whatever our obsession of the week is. I do all things artsy-crafty (knitting, sewing, drawing, painting, jewelry-making, cake-decorating, photography) and my husband likes building electronics and tinkering with all sorts of things. In general, we both love learning and problem solving, and will DIY pretty much anything.

All that being said, we don't have much time for most of that stuff anymore! My latest craft was making paper-bag puppets with my daughter, and most days we're just excited if we have a chance to watch something on Netflix. Or drink coffee that's still hot. Growing up I did competitive dance and swimming, and my husband is a mountain-biker/snowboarder (I plan to learn to snowboard though, now that I'm not pregnant!). We both love camping (although we have yet to go with our littles) and our usual outing is walking to the beach or a playground with the kids (often with a coffeeshop or ice cream stop along the way).

We'll be married 10 years next May, and family is our number one priority in life. We both feel so lucky to have our two amazing kids and bekieve that honesty and communication are secrets to a happy life (so far it's working!). We can't imagine life without our children and hope that our embryos can help make another family complete.

There are lots of other parts to our story I could talk about, like meeting in Japanese class, really racing, sailing, Costa Rica, pregnancy, Arizona, and most obviously, our kids. At this point though, you probably know if you're interested or not, so we'll either talk more, or we won't!

Please feel free to PM me and ask any questions you might have. If you're interested, I have some questions for you too! Thanks for reading.

Array

Introduction

• Using the registry text editor, listings can include external linked photos and even youtube video (everything that can be posted in a forum - excluding attachments).
  • A listing can be edited or deleted at any time by the listing creator.
  • Regulatory source - Assisted Human Reproduction Act.

• Terms of Use

• No posting external website links
  • Members are not screened. Any use of this listing-feature is at your own risk.
  • The admin/moderation team reserves the right to delete any listing at any time for any reason.
  •