Jump to content
* Required Information
Between 3 and 20 characters
Between 3 and 32 characters
Receive email newsletters
IVF.ca is a support site for people experiencing infertility or who have otherwise been affected by infertility and those who use or have used A.R.T. procedures for any reason. Use of the site is not dependent on what stage of treatment you may or may not be involved in or on any treatment outcomes.
All individuals who have been affected by the need for fertility treatments including newbies, cyclers, expectant mothers, parents, those who move on to be child-free, those seeking out adoption and any family members or partners/spouses are all welcome to use the forums on this site.
A) Guiding Forum Principles:
1) Respect your audience.
Remain cognizant of your forum audience. Being surrounded by certain types of content can be difficult for other members for example, discussions of pregnancy news and child rearing issues can be difficult for those who are yet to reach their goals.
2) Respect your location.
Ensure posts are placed in appropriate forum communities, relevant to both forum topics and the likely readers.
3) Respect your environment.
Respect that what isn't considered appropriate for one forum audience may be entirely appropriate in another forum. All members should feel welcome to respectfully discuss their personal situations in appropriate forums without being unnecessarily exposed to judgment by others.
4) Respect Fellow Members
- Treat each other with respect, compassion and dignity.
- Please always be courteous to fellow forum users.
B- Forum tips.
1) View New Posts - If you don't want the content of a forum (or set of forums) appearing in 'View New Posts', use the "filter by forum" feature and select only those you want to see. Hold the alt button and click through your desired forum content list (found at bottom of View New Posts left sidebar).
2) Disable your signature in posting areas if the signature contains content that might be sensitive to the forum are you are posting in. If you forget, you can return to the content and disable the signature after a post is created.
3) Members of the IVF.ca team do their best to be helpful. If you feel that a matter requires attention use the forum report function, private message a moderator, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We like positive feedback and constructive suggestions too!
4) Please be cautious when posting your private information. This site is public, and its contents will be indexed by search engines (and may be picked up by spammers) so keep any identifying information in private messages.
5) Please contact the moderators if you require assistance with tailoring the content and setting of your interaction with IVF.ca.
C) Prohibited Activities:
1) OFFERING TO BUY/SELL/DONATE MEDICATIONS. This site does not allow any feature (posts, private messages etc) to be used to communicate for the purpose of exchanging medications, for any reason.
2) Posts/blogs/signatures/private messages etc. that are intentionally disruptive, argumentative, insulting, vulgar, harassing or that otherwise impact our members' enjoyment of their respective forum communities.
3) Posts or blog entries that are detrimental to the integrity of the website. Dissatisfaction with members and/or staff should be communicated by personal message only.
4) Advertising websites or media requests without prior approval of an administrator or moderator.
5) Sharing private messages without the consent of all parties involved. Exception: Messages sent to moderators/administrators may be shared amongst them if messages have questions or concerns about forum conduct and policies or if sharing might help resolve issues that are critical to the operation and functionality of site features.
6) Making unproven and potentially defamatory statements about any person or entity.
7) Sharing personally identifying information about other members without their express consent.
8) Sperm donor ads
9) Using the site in a way that violates any law.
Where post content, signatures, profile images, blog entries, messaging etc. are deemed to have violated one or more general guiding forum principles and/or list of prohibited activities we may ask you to refrain from such activity, edit/close/delete or move your content, or suspend/remove your account privileges for any reason, or no reason, without explanation or warning and at our sole discretion.
IVF.ca provides a messageboard as a platform for discussion. IVF.ca does not evaluate or endorse any product, service, or treatment including information/services found in the Expert Panel forums. Information provided in the forums or in any other part of this site is for information purposes only. IVF.ca accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any material contained herein and recommends that users exercise due diligence and care with respect to use of the messageboard or any other information contained or linked to on this site. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by your own physician/Doctor. Readers/members are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other sources. The Web site contains links to third-party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience and are not an endorsement by IVF.ca of the contents of such third-party web sites. IVF.ca makes no representation or warranty of any kind regarding any third-party web site including, without limitation (i) any representation or warranty regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, suitability of any content on any third-party web site; (ii) any representation or warranty regarding the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any material, content, software, goods or services located at or made available through such third-party web sites; or (iii) any representation or warranty that the operation of the third-party web sites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or errors in such third-party websites will be corrected or that such third-party websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components.Messages in our forums express the views of the authors, not IVF.ca. Access forums at your own risk. This site does not evaluate the legitimacy of any member posts, screen any members of this board or evaluate any services provided in any IVF clinic or medical centre. Any user who feels that a posted message or image is objectionable is encouraged to contact a forum moderator or administrator. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages, and images, and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access and manage all your membership information in your profile settings. If you no longer have access to your account, and you have personally identifiable information recorded on your profile, you may request that the information be removed by emailing IVF.ca - admin[at]ivf.ca.
Registration creates a permanent forum profile record. There is no mechanism to delete a profile. Profiles are not deleted by forum staff. You are able to edit all of your information, settings, notification options, images, posts etc at any time.
Recording your visit
By posting a message, uploading a file, or engaging in any other form of communication through a forum, you are granting IVF.ca a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell any such messages, files or communications.
Terms of Service
Community Forum Software by IP.BoardLicensed to: IVFCA Fertility Network © 2013