Finally Pregnant BUT.... - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

Finally Pregnant BUT....

Posted by tjluvbug , 19 September 2014 · 2006 views

Okay it has been more than two years since I last blogged. My last blog entry was regarding our 2nd FET from our 2nd IVF. DH and I recently embarked on our 3rd and last IVF beginning in July 2014. We did an estrace priming cycle that resulted in 8 mature eggs, 6 fertilized and 3 that grew to blast. We transferred 2 4BB blasts that to our shock and amazement given that over the past few years we've transferred a total of 8 embryos these both took. We are cautiously pregnant with fraternal twins. I am 9 weeks today. 

I've had two episodes of spotting since finding out we're pregnant. The first happened the morning after our first ultrasound when we saw our babies for the first time. They measured 6w5d and 6w6d at the ultrasound with good heartbeats. I drove 4 hours for a second ultrasound at 7w3d because of the spotting at my fertility clinic in Vancouver where they said that they couldn't tell where the bleeding was coming from but that it wasn't coming from the uterus. Babies again measured perfectly at 7w3d and 7w4d with good heartbeats. My doc put me off work for one week to see if that helped and it did, the spotting stopped.

Then last night at 8w6d I noticed some pink when I wiped after going pee. I waited for a bit to see if it got any worse but it seemed to stay pink. Never getting on the underwear, only on the tissue. I was also having some pretty sharp pains on both sides of my abdomen. I decided I needed to know what was going on and went to the Emergency Department. The doc did a bedside scan and found both heartbeats right away. He also thought he saw a subchorionic hematoma but as he was using a small bedside ultrasound he couldn't be sure so he scheduled a full scan for this morning. 

Went for the scan this morning and both babies are measuring on track. Baby A is measuring 9w0d and Baby B is measuring 9w1d both had heart rates of 185. And after going back to the ER to get the results of the scan as the tech isn't allowed to tell us anything I found out that I do in fact have a subchorionic hematoma. Scary word!!! The ER doc didn't tell me how big it is but said that its small and that in most cases its benign. I also asked about the heart rate as I thought I'd read that normal range at this stage was 150-170 and that anything higher is bad. He stated however that normal is 150-200. Sure hoping he's right!

So now, I wait and rest. He didn't think bed rest was necessary but recommended I take it easy for the next few weeks. No lifting, no sex, and no exercise. Said to go about my daily routine but to rest often. 

The doc also recommended I get in with my OB next week and advise them that I've been recommended to be monitored biweekly. If I can't get in with my OB then he wants me to come back to the ER and he'll have the on call OB do a followup. I'm to come back to the ER if I have any red or pink bleeding at all and if i have any bad cramping.

Today the spotting is just brown and only a little bit when the progesterone drips out. I'm still on 5000iu of Fragmin, low dose ASA, 4mg estrace, 10mg prednisone, and 400mg progesterone.

HUGS.  I know how scary it is to see anything other than a clean piece of TP...  I'm hoping that is the last bit of blood you see!  Good luck!

• tjluvbug likes this
Photo
smurfette_w
Sep 20 2014 01:01 AM

I can't imagine how scary this is, it's hard not to be worried.  I hope this bleeding ends very soon for you and the babes.  You are doing the right thing by taking some time off and rest. 

• tjluvbug likes this
Photo
amazing grace
Sep 20 2014 02:29 PM

I know how you feel but try to stay calm. My girlfriend also had the same thing when she was pregnant. It was her first pregnancy and she was terrified. She had spotting and then heavy bleeding for almost three weeks and little could be done other than bed rest. Eventually it stopped and the hematoma disappeared. Today she has a beautiful little girl who just turned one. Just monitor the situation and don't do anything stressful.

• tjluvbug likes this
Photo
lookingforward
Sep 20 2014 08:08 PM
Congrats on your twin pregnancy! I have 8 month old twins...it's a wild ride ;). I also have an adorable 2.5 year old....I had a subchorionic hematoma with her at 12w4d....I thought I was losing her and was so relieved that it was nothing to really worry about....but it sure is scary! A friend of mine also had one and bled a lot!! Good luck to you!
    • tjluvbug likes this
Photo
lindsayinport
Sep 20 2014 09:43 PM

Girls are giving you a hard time!!!!!

• tjluvbug likes this
First of all congrats on being pregnant!!! I remember following when you first joined this site a few years back... I was pregnant twice, had lots of bleeding throughout, ended-up on bedrest both time at 23 and 26 weeks due to the bleeding but still made it to 37 and 38 weeks againts evrything the doctors thought possible. My subchronic hematomas were reasonnable size and varied in size through pregnancy. Another lady on my latest due date group had a huge one, was on bedrest very early on, told to expect a miscarriage, etc. The road was long, the bedrest all through her pregnancy and now she has a beautiful lottle girl. Take it easy, take care of yourself and those two little ones... Hopefully, evrything progresses nicely. I'll be thinking of you!

Thanks everyone!!

I had that when I was pregnant too. I started bleeding at almost six weeks and I ended up carrying to term. I bled for one day and then spotted brown for about a week and a half. I hope all turns out well for you. Best of luck.

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    Fear
    heres2hoping - Oct 16 2014 06:41 PM
  • Photo
    Fear
    juice - Oct 13 2014 08:18 PM
  • Photo
    Fear
    gracegirl - Oct 11 2014 08:36 PM
  • Photo