38 weeks - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

38 weeks

Posted by baby2be , 01 April 2011 · 1560 views

I have not done anything with my blog in a long time. Actually, I have not been that active here, as I just feel out of place.

Today I am 38 weeks pregnant with my second little miracle. He will complete our family!

With my DD I was induced at 40w5d and my ob has already given me an option to get induced with this little guy as well once I reach 39 weeks. At first I said no as I really wanted natural labor to start. I wanted to see what the pain is like without meds. Everyone has told me the pain is much less when natural labor begins.

Now, I've been thinking of getting induced. The main reason for it would be because I have a lot of swelling in my hands and feet, but that's a normal part of pg. OB has told me that he will not let me go past 41 weeks, and that would mean only 3 weeks to go. That is if nothing happens.

I guess a part of me wants to wait and the other part wants to get induced. With ivf nothing was a surprise, but at least I got to experience pregnancy and giving birth even if it was not the way it was planned.

In the end a healthy baby is what's most important here.

Wishing you a safe delivery! How exciting, all the best.
Do what feels right for you! I hope you have a great birth experience whatever you decide to do :Emoticons09780:
Hi Dana!I'm glad to read that you're doing so well. Your little miracle is almost here! Have a happy delivery, whichever way you choose to do it.:Emoticons09780:
Oh Dana, wishing you a safe delivery whatever way your little man decides to come!hugs hun
    • gibasgirl likes this
Healthy Mum & baby and safe delivery are the important things, good luck. :th_acheerlead:You shouldn't feel out of place here Dana, you're a great supporter of others and having almost completed your journey, give hope to others that they will have success on theirs.
Photo
HeavenlyDay
Apr 02 2011 04:40 PM
Good luck Dana! I am so happy for you.
I would wait and see if your little one decides to make an entrance of his own. In my birthing class they told me 'you wouldn't break a butterfly out of it's cacoon' I guess that just makes sense to me but whatever you choose is right for you. Good luck with everything and congratulations again :)
I cant wait to meet him!!!!!!!! :)
I can confirm that "natural" labour is much different than labour with Oxytocin. For me it was WAY less painful. A much more pleasant experience. I was induced with Cervidel the 2nd time and it did the trick. Maybe you could try that first to see if it will be enough to ripen your cervix? Do what's right for you & the rest of your family. And good luck!!!!! :)
Photo
figuresk8er
Apr 04 2011 07:14 AM
Hey Dana, Congratulations! Regardless of how it happens, enjoy it and be in the moment for as much as you can. I also had one natural and one induced and although they were different, not one was more special then the other....Good luck!
Thanks everyone for your support! I'm going to see my ob on Thursday and at that time he'll do a cervix check, so we will decide at that time. Will let you all know.Hugs,Dana

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    38 weeks
    baby2be - Apr 04 2011 10:40 AM
  • Photo
    38 weeks
    figuresk8er - Apr 04 2011 07:14 AM
  • Photo
    38 weeks
    FuzzyFur - Apr 02 2011 10:00 PM
  • Photo