Finally, a pleasant surprise! - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

Finally, a pleasant surprise!

Posted by Sapphire , 17 February 2010 · 2018 views

After failed cycles, high FSH, poor response, cancelled cycles, etc, etc, I didn't think anything about this process could surprise me anymore. I've weathered every setback and come back for more. I was supposed to be doing an FET with our lone Frostie last month, with the proviso that we would do a fresh cycle instead if my CD2 levels defied all predictions. I didn't expect them to and have been coming to terms with the fact that Frostie might be our last chance with my eggs. With a 2 year wait for DE here in NZ, maybe it was our last chance, full stop.

Then, I went 52 days without having AF. Turns out, the process could surprise me after all. I went for a blood test yesterday to try to get some hints about how far away she might be. Murphy's Law of IVF therefore dictates that AF started this morning, before I even got the results from the clinic. Yay, so we're back on track - Frostie might be coming home soon.

So you could have knocked me over with a feather when I got the test results. My FSH was 15 - that is GREAT for me. Forget the usual FSH cut-off of 10 - my RE decided months ago that my cut off was 23 and the best of our two cycles started with a CD2 FSH of 20. The last cancelled cycle, started with an FSH of 25, after being on BCP for a month, which was supposed to bring it down! But after 3 months of no meds at all and a cycle twice as long as it should be, the FSH turned itself around.

All of a sudden, it looked like we might be able to do a fresh cycle after all - surely the FSH couldn't jump that much before my CD2 test tomorrow?! But wait, it gets even better - the RE doesn't see any point repeating the test tomorrow, but is happy to rely on yesterday's test.

So we're off! It will be a short/flare cycle, so stims start in 48 hours! I'm completely in shock - hence the need unburden myself of the story here. It's probably pretty boring - a chick starts an IVF cycle - big deal, that happens every day on this site.

But it IS a big deal for me. It's a huge deal. I get another chance I didn't think I was going to have. IVF has finally confounded my expectations in a good way and I am counting my blessings.

Wish me luck.

Toot tootPosted Image

GOOD LUCK! Good Luck! GOOD LUCK!!! :) YEAH!!!! xoxox
Woohoo! Sounds like all systems go! All the best!!!
Yay!!!!! That is wonderful news! Good for you and GOOD LUCK!!
Good luck!!! By the way, my DH is a Kiwi here in Toronto!
All the best!
YAY!!!!! Yipee for being back on the ride! Fingers crossed this is a marvelously successful cycle for you!
Photo
avanderheide
Feb 17 2010 10:38 PM
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAFFY!!!!!!!! Congrats on an awesome FSH number!! I can't wait to read about your BFP in a few weeks!
YAY! Wishing you the best of luck :)
Photo
figuresk8er
Feb 18 2010 07:13 AM
Good Luck!
Photo
figuresk8er
Feb 18 2010 07:13 AM
Good Luck!
Woohoo Saffy!!! We will be PUPO together!
Yay!
Photo
Anotherhopeful
Feb 18 2010 05:21 PM
AWESOME NEWS SAFFY!!!! So glad that AF decided to make her appearance on the tails of such a great FSH result and that you are ready to roll.

May this cycle be the one that makes all of your dreams come true. I have everything crossed for you and every hope for your complete success!

Stay well and keep the faith!

AH
Thank you all so much for your support.

We have only told a couple of people IRL about our IVF struggles, so having the ivf.ca cheerleading team behind us is the absolute best.
Photo
joyfulintent
Feb 18 2010 10:11 PM
fan-bleeding-tastic!

Recent Comments

April 2024

S M T W T F S
1415 16 17181920

Tags

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search My Blog