Lessons After 4 IVF Cycles - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

Lessons After 4 IVF Cycles

Posted by AnxiousIVFer , 21 November 2019 · 2565 views

The Journey
As a carrier of a rare genetic disorder, there is a 50% risk of my children being affected/carrying the mutation. I witnessed my father suffering so much at the end of his life that I cannot bear to witness another loved one going through this again. He was fortunate in the sense that his symptoms presented later in life. Some with this disorder present in early childhood, which leads to significant morbidity or mortality at an early age. This is the reason why I embarked on my journey of IVF as I can do prenatal genetic testing to minimize the risk of my children being affected.

I was hoping to write a motivation post after I have finally succeeded in my IVF efforts. Unfortunately, it has yet to happen and I am not sure if it ever will, so I figured out this is the right time to speak up. I don’t mean for this to be a sob-story. Instead, my hope for this post is two-fold:
1. To support those who are going through a similar journey and hopefully help them feel not alone.
2. To bring awareness to these issues.

https://medium.com/@...149d3ee0fb4d0bb

Photo
Canadiancandice
Jun 23 2020 01:59 PM
Wow, I'm so sorry. This is so hard for all of us. We didn't get to IVF without the shit storm and heartbreak. My story is more of a regular one but it still have broken me none the less. I got pregnant no problem the first time and lost the baby just before the end of my first trimester. I was sick the whole time so I only got the bad. Found out through an ultrasound that there was no heart beat. Since then (2 years) I have not been able to conceive. We opted to go to Greece instead of doing IVF in Canada because of the price and success rates. I am hoping to go in a couple of weeks!
Photo
Canadiancandice
Jun 23 2020 01:59 PM
Wow, I'm so sorry. This is so hard for all of us. We didn't get to IVF without the shit storm and heartbreak. My story is more of a regular one but it still have broken me none the less. I got pregnant no problem the first time and lost the baby just before the end of my first trimester. I was sick the whole time so I only got the bad. Found out through an ultrasound that there was no heart beat. Since then (2 years) I have not been able to conceive. We opted to go to Greece instead of doing IVF in Canada because of the price and success rates. I am hoping to go in a couple of weeks!

Thank you for posting this! You're right, we do need to talk about this. I'm doing IVF for different reasons than you, I'm single and on the way to becoming a single mum by choice. 

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search My Blog

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    Ania
    11 Apr 2023 - 12:55
  • Photo
    Anthony1980