#1 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Clinic

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:31 AM

Hi ladies, 

Just needing to clear my head... and vent.... (I'm currently on 225ui of Menopur and Puregone, and just finished my last dose of Saizen tonight.  I started off with one month of Androgel and about 10 days of Estrace priming.)

So went in for my second ultrasound today and it confirmed just two follicles. I am now on day 10 of stims.  The doctor today didn't seem discouraged and if anything he's saying that we should go ahead with retrieval.   He said that even though I have two, I have age on my side as he considers me "young" and that chances are the quality of my eggs would be good.  He said that the sizes at this point are really good - both were measuring a little over 17mm. He's optimistic that they will find eggs in them.  I don't know what to think.  I was almost hoping they would just cancel my cycle but he said that at this point "there's nothing they can do for me and that this could be the best I could do".  I still don't know about that though. I feel like I could do better.... but I won't argue with the expert at this point. 

He asked me for my AMH value and I told him it was normal and his nurse looked it up and confirmed it was and it was done Dec 2015.  He said that there's something that "doesn't jive" with my blood work and how I'm responding.  He says that with this results I should be producing a lot of follies, but I'm not. He said that from that time of testing, my AMH could've changed at this point? (can it really drop that much though?? to a point where I could be considered DOR?  - that doesn't make sense to me, but ok).  He also said that I'm on the highest dose of meds, something that they would give a 48 year old.  ULLGGGHHH just don't know what to think now... and then he did say, if all fails, I could consider a mini-IVF to see if I respond better.  So, this is something that I would look into for sure.  All he said was this will entail lower dose meds to see if my ovaries will respond better.... we'll see about that... for now I'm just taking it one day at a time.  I have another BW and US this monday.  He thinks I'll be triggered then and ER as soon as wednesday.... 

He also checked my uterine lining and it is about 7mm I believe, and he says that my lining should be fine and will keep thickening in these next couple of days.  I don't know what to think... 

I would love to see some success stories.  Morale is a bit low today, though I'm trying with all my might to take it one day at a time. My DH is definitely more optimistic than I am and I am grateful for his never ending support but right now, I feel the need to hear from others who's gone thru the same experience I am having... just feeling down at the moment.

Sorry for the long message! I definitely got carried away but thank you for your patience reading!  blush.png

Hope everyone else is having a better day than I am! heart.gif

#2 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Prev RFP now VFC:)

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:36 PM

I'm sorry seem14 that your cycle has produced so few follicles of size. Is there any chance some of the smaller ones may catch up? I haven't had any experience with poor response (lots and lots of failed cycles in spite of good response) but I do have a friend who only got two embryos that made it transfer and they are her five year old twins. I know it must be something disappointing and scary- but hopefully your doc is right in that your body has focused on quality vs quantity and these are your golden eggs. Fingers crossed for you.
  • nervus optimist, annatarz79 and Seem14 like this
Currently 41, DH 46 - severe male factor, advanced maternal age, immune issues, uterine issues with TTC#2 following c section and miscarriage

TTC #1- 3 failed fresh cycles age 35-36 (one cancelled) and one successful FET at 37 (DS:)

TTC #2 - 2 fresh cycles at 39 and 40- one miscarriage and one failed (uterine infection after)
-3 failed FETs (2 with complication of uterine fluid but went away after progesterone)
-2 cancelled FETs (one due to uterine inflammation/infection after miscarriage and one due to uterine fluid)
-2 great quality frozen embryos left - one day 3 (at 39) and 1 day 6 blast (at 40) waiting for FET - have figured out the protocol to avoid complications and just hoping for my golden egg

It's so hard to wait around for something that may never be, but harder to let go when it's all you've ever wanted"

#3 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

The ducks told my friend to cancel and she did not follow their suggestion.
  • Seem14 likes this
Currently 41, DH 46 - severe male factor, advanced maternal age, immune issues, uterine issues with TTC#2 following c section and miscarriage

TTC #1- 3 failed fresh cycles age 35-36 (one cancelled) and one successful FET at 37 (DS:)

TTC #2 - 2 fresh cycles at 39 and 40- one miscarriage and one failed (uterine infection after)
-3 failed FETs (2 with complication of uterine fluid but went away after progesterone)
-2 cancelled FETs (one due to uterine inflammation/infection after miscarriage and one due to uterine fluid)
-2 great quality frozen embryos left - one day 3 (at 39) and 1 day 6 blast (at 40) waiting for FET - have figured out the protocol to avoid complications and just hoping for my golden egg

It's so hard to wait around for something that may never be, but harder to let go when it's all you've ever wanted"

#4 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

The docs I mean! Darned auto correct!
  • nervus optimist likes this

#5 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2677 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

I read somewhere that the number of eggs retrieved is usually roughly half of the AFC on day 3 of a cycle. In my case, it was always around that number, and at the start of any given cycle I had anywhere between 4 and 13 visible follicles. Once I had a better understanding of this DH and I decided that we would ourselves choose not to even start a cycle unless I had at least 12 visible on day 3. I'm not sure if this is helpful at all, but at the end of the day, if you have made it this far, and you can afford to continue with the cycle, there is certainly no harm in trying, and just as ndo said, you never know what could happen, this cycle, even with so few eggs, could still be so magical. I do know of some people who after so few follicles develop convert a cycle to IUI, so it still has a chance to do something, but spares the expense of IVF. And if this isn't your magic month, perhaps take a look back at previous cycles to see what your day 3 numbers have been like, and discuss with your doctor what the best options are moving forward. 

Wishing you lots of luck

:flowers:

• Seem14 likes this

I am 38, DH - 39
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif

Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical

April 2017 - surprise PG

===> Beautiful baby girl born 2017 babygirl.gif

#6 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

Ndo - thank you so much for sharing some positive story of your friend! I really appreciate it. I don't think there were any little ones visible.  Just the two large follies.  I don't know whether to be sad or not, but two is two and is better than none.  blush.png

Nervus - yes, I've heard of that stats too.  It's just very confusing coz my current baseline AFC without the meds (and this was taken before I did my first IVF in October 2016) was 11 and my AMH came back normal too.  I was started on a lower dose of menopur then and was increased toward the end and I got 6 that were big and 3 so-so follicles.  This time RE started me on the highest dose (and also used saizen and androgel as adjunct meds) and I got a whopping 2 follies.  So I don't know... it really doesn't look like my ovaries like the meds. I'll definitely be discussing this with my RE in the future if I ever end up going for a 3rd IVF (praying not, but it's a possibility). 

*sigh* 

Just looking for some good stories heart.gif

#7 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2677 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

It may not be the story you want to hear, but mine is in some ways similar to yours, and does have it's own happy ending. I never responded well to stim meds, and never got any impressive number of follicles at all. After 2 IVF cycles doctor recommended donor eggs. We ended up having a son through a donor embryo, and then somehow after 12 years of marriage and years of infertility treatments, we have a spontaneous PG. I hope this  cycle does bring some magic into your life and that if it doesn't your doctor can offer you some ideas and options and information to help you make decisions moving forward.

:flowers:

• Seem14 and Tjmama like this

I am 38, DH - 39
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif

Donor FET Oct/16 - chemical

April 2017 - surprise PG

===> Beautiful baby girl born 2017 babygirl.gif

#8 Frannie2012

Frannie2012
  • Global 100+
  • 269 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

So...when I was stimming I responded poorly (even though i almost over-stimulated on clomid...weird)....they retrieved only 5 eggs (I totally thought the cycle was a bust)....and I have a beautiful 3 year old from that cycle. It was my first IVF and we did a fresh transfer. Really....you only need one....I wish you the best of luck!!
  • nervus optimist and Seem14 like this

Me: 33

DH: 35

TTC since Sept. 2011

Aug. 2012 - DX with PCOS (started metformin)

Aug. 2012 - Oct 2012 - clomid + trigger , timed X2 - BFN

Oct 2012-Jan 2013 - clomid + trigger IUI X3 - BFN

Took a break until the spring to begin IVF -

June 1 - Started BCPs

June 24 - Start stimming....75iu meopur, 75iu puregon

June 27- (moved up to 100iu of puregon)

June 29 (moved up to 150 iu of puregon)

July 1 - scan...6-10 follicles expected on ER day

July 3 - last day of stimming, HCG trigger

July 5 - ER.....8 Retrived, 5 mature, 5 fertilized

July 7 - 5 embryos

July 8 - ET (2, grade 1 embryos transferred), 3 embryos to be frozen (1 - grade 1, 2 - grade 2)

July 22 - BFP!!! 

July 24 - Beta repeated - numbers doubling....fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy!!

#9 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:01 AM

Thank you so much Frannie2012 and Nervous Optimist - just did my trigger shot tonight and truly just hoping for the best now.  I will update you ladies as I move forward along. 

I appreciate all the responses! flow.gif

• nervus optimist likes this

#10 From0to3

From0to3
  • Global 100+
  • 171 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Hi seem - good luck with the trigger shot and retrieval! Hope they can find more follies and you get a few more eggs. I also had two dominant follicles and 3 or 4 immature ones last cycle. My regular RE didn't do my last ultrasound and the doc on duty recommended I cancel or convert to IUI. My first cycle produced over 20 follies and 17 eggs so I was certain it was game over but my own RE hammered home to go forward as it only took one. They ended up retrieving 6 eggs resulting in 3 babies and 2 embies frozen. For some of us low numbers are actually better eggs than double digits. Sending encouragement and positive thoughts your way.

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/c@9weeks th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

#11 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

Thank you so much From0to3! did my egg retrieval today and they found two eggs.  They are now incubating and waiting for a call tomorrow... so fingers crossed this 5 days (or 3) fly by quickly! 

#12 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 747 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:00 AM

Hi Seem14, hope the 2 grow well and that at least one will grow into your lucky bean!  We're going for our orientation session next month, and we're also scared what kind of results we will get.  In the meantime, I'll send any luck I have your way!

March 2016 - Miscarriage #1 (chemical pregnancy)

August 2016 -  Miscarriage #2 (Trisomy-16)

December 2016 - Miscarriage #3 (unknown - suspected chromosomal abnormality)

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #1 - March 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining (6.25mm)

FET #1.2 - April 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining again! (4.85mm)

FET #1.3 - June 4, 2018 (lining 7.5mm!) - th_abfn.gif

ERA Aug 2018 - Pre-receptive by 1 day

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

FET #3 - Oct 4, 2021 (lining 8.8mm!)  th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Oct 14, 2021: 415, Beta #2: Oct 21, 2021: 4778 U/S: Nov 1, 2021 - measuring 6w4d, CRL 6.6mm, HR 133bm! U/S: Nov 15, 2021 - measuring 8w6d (CRL: 22.3mm), HR 182bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 15, 2022: It's a boy!  DS born 7lb 15oz babyboy.gif

#13 Thisismyyear

Thisismyyear
  • 63 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Olive fertility Centre

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hi guys,

Seems--I hope your everything went well after ER.

I am in need of support to...we were supposed to start IVF in May but found out that we got pregnant on our own in March. However, i had a miscarriage at 7weeks. It will be a month on June 6 since I took the medication to start the miscarriage. I am finding that I have no motivation to eat right or exercise.

How do I get out of this funk. Any suggestions are welcome

Have been trying since 2014

First consult with Dr. in Feb 2016.  AMH levels at 5.37 pmol in Feb 2016.  Dr. switched clinics and my file got lost in transition.

Second consult with the same Dr. at a different clinic in Sept 2016.

First IUI in Oct 2016 - BFN

Diagnosed with hypothyroidism and DOR in Oct 2016

HSG in Jan 2017 - all fine

Natural BFP in Mar 2017 but no heart beat detected at US. Had to induce miscarriage in May 2017.

Starting my first mini IVF in September....

Wishing everyone what their heart desires💕☺️😀

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blocked tubes, tubal, poor responder