2 replies to this topic

#1 Krys83

Krys83
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, skiing, soccer, reading, movies, starting yoga
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

I need to move past this, but I haven't yet. I'll ask all of you wonderful ladies and then try my best to move forward.

I still do not know why I have/had a hydrosalpinx. Even after my surgery/biopsy. We've never been given an explanation. We've never had an STI, I don't have endometrosis or had appendicitis. It was only on the left side.

My RE thinks my right has somehow been damaged which is why IUI hasn't worked post op. So we're moving to IVF.

Thanks for reading.

2002 met my Handsome Hubby!

2010 September; Married

2013 September; TTC

2014 September; "Normal" results for both at Gyne appt ( HSG Sept. 14). Clomid x 4 months.

2015 March; Appt in Edmonton clinic. HSG showed hydrosalpinx. still no explanation... any thoughts?...dontknow.gif 
2015 June; Surgery left salingectomy + polyp. Still have "Righty"
2015 July; On the Clomid train again with lateralization U/S to see which side the follicles are developing on.

2015 October; IUI BFN

2016 Jan; Hysterscopy 

Starting IVF

2016 April; Retreival 25 eggs, OHSS Freeze All cycle. 6 Frosties (Day 5, all variations of grade 4) 

2016 July; FET 4aa BFN Didn't attach cry.gif

2016 October; Endometrial Biopsy

2016 November 9; FET 6!! & 4ba. All our Frosties are graded as "4," but after they lasered it in the morning, it HATCHED! It came out of the shell, we were able to see the zona. 

2016 Novemeber 18; th_abfp.gif

2017 August; Our beautiful baby girl arrived babygirl.gif

I feel like this is an opportunity to throw in a quote about not counting the years, or making the years count... the joy is on the journey... I'll work on finding one that doesn't make me want to scream eusa_wall.gif

#2 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:57 PM

Hi Krys - I think I could have possibly written your post. I've never had an STD, endo, etc. 2 years ago I had surgery to detach my left tube...which had a hydro. No endo was ever found. Unexplained hydro. I was advised I had most likely had pelvic inflammatory disease at some point which as I understand can clear itself up and cause hydros. Last week I had surgery to remove both tubes as the other one suddenly had a hydro last year. In this surgery...they found both mild endo and an old hemoragging chocolate cyst (sign of endo.). It's my understanding these cysts can occur, rupture and have the fluid spill into the tubes...causing the hydro. It took a full 37 years (lol) to find any sign of endo....but we did...and now I know. Small comfort...but at least I have a reason.

Hope you find yours!
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#3 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

I had one remianing tube (after losing one from an ectopic) - a couple years ago my RE decided to remove the remaining tube to avoid a hydro. This past january I had another exploratory surgery and sure enough the little stump of a tube that remained after the removal had a hydro so out it went as well. Just one of those random things I suppose 

• CdnHockeyGal likes this

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/